Speculation: All Purpose Pierre-Luc Dubois Discussion 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
So, is there still no hard, factual info on why PLD wants to be traded? All I see is speculation, but I haven't had time to wade through everything. If indeed, he wants to go to Montreal (or Ottawa, I guess?), or the big city (e.g. NYC, LA), or a southern climate then it would limit the trade partners. If it is Torts that is the problem, then just about anywhere else would work.

Kind of important details about the situation.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
That gap is more than made up for by Laine's production vs PLD since draft day.

If two equal players are w/c, then yes. But its idiotic to say "all centres are superior to all wingers"
No one here said that all centres are superior to all wingers.

Laine and Dubois are roughly equal in terms of talent, so the positional question becomes important in deciding who adds.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
So, is there still no hard, factual info on why PLD wants to be traded? All I see is speculation, but I haven't had time to wade through everything. If indeed, he wants to go to Montreal (or Ottawa, I guess?), or the big city (e.g. NYC, LA), or a southern climate then it would limit the trade partners. If it is Torts that is the problem, then just about anywhere else would work.

He's been coy as to the underlying reasons so it's really all speculation at this point. All we know is he wants out.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

He hasn't told anybody a g-ddamned thing.

Reactions: Critical91

Deas

Feb 3, 2017
Ottawa makes sense in my opinion. They don't have the talent at C like they have on wing or defense (if Norris emerges they have one young exciting center), there was some rumor about PLD wanting to go to Canada and a bigger hockey scene (of course we don't know if that's true), Ottawa has a bunch of good prospects as trade assets and CBJ can't seriously see themselves as win-now.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Stuetzle for PLD. A gamble for CBJ, but one that might pay off big time. For OTT, you get a guy who is happy to be there(?), and kick start the rebuild a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad