Indy: All-Purpose Non-WWE Discussion Thread -- Part 2 [NJPW G1 Special in San Francisco July 7]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I'm behind on NJPW, just seen Tanahashi vs Suzuki. That was an awesome match. Looks like the next night is also awesome!

Is there anything in the tag matches that I should both to watch from either two shows?

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
I'm behind on NJPW, just seen Tanahashi vs Suzuki. That was an awesome match. Looks like the next night is also awesome!

Is there anything in the tag matches that I should both to watch from either two shows?

None of it is must see. It depends on which feuds you're interested in. The LIJ-Chaos matchups are fun. Cody, Scurll and Page were entertaining in night 1.

Both shows ran about 3 hours...I watched both all the way through but the title matches at the end of both nights are all you need to see.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
night one, after match with Okada was pretty interesting. it was pretty heel-ish when i got the translation.
night two the bucks match was fun, but the White vs Omega was some great stuff.

what a fun weekend so far including nxt.
lets see the big boys pull something fun.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
With the amount of merch The Elite/BC moves I can't see Kenny being completely removed from Bullet Club. I would love to see them do a ROH vs. NJPW BC (+ Ibushi) rivalry similar to the Hollywood vs. Wolfpac.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
It is very NWO-like since the Bullet Club has felt divided for a while. Fale, G.O.D., Tokyo Pimp, and Chase Owens seem to be their own group. The Elite has been their own subfaction for a time and then Cody with Hangman and Scurll have their own thing. You rarely see the entire group together.

Those "Road To..." shows this coming weekend should give some clues to where this is going.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Well there was that one show around Halloween where Kenny, Owens and Marty teamed up and dressed as Aladdin characters. That was as random of a combination of members as I've seen.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
With the amount of merch The Elite/BC moves I can't see Kenny being completely removed from Bullet Club. I would love to see them do a ROH vs. NJPW BC (+ Ibushi) rivalry similar to the Hollywood vs. Wolfpac.
I thought the same thing, unless they just split off and start a new stable.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Kenny said in an interview that he's no longer a member of the Bullet Club and that he couldn't leave NJPW and go to WWE knowing there was a chance that him and Kota reunite, because what they have is real life and is bigger than wrestling or something like that. I'll find the quote.

The real Kenny is always at Kota’s side. If we aren’t together, there’s no point. I want us to change the world together. I took belts with Bullet Club, did a lot, but that was all the job. Golden Lovers transcends wrestling. This is real life. As long as there was a chance for this to happen, I wasn’t going to say goodbye to NJPW.

In the interview (done with Tokyo Sports) he implied he was done with the Bullet Club, didn't flat out say it.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
im guessing the elite will still be a thing. weird decision with the merch popularity.

after all it was only Page and Cody who attacked.
was golden lovers their tag team name, before? lol first time i hear it. im well aware of how much they love each other but wasnt following then.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
im guessing the elite will still be a thing. weird decision with the merch popularity.

after all it was only Page and Cody who attacked.
was golden lovers their tag team name, before? lol first time i hear it. im well aware of how much they love each other but wasnt following then.
I wonder if we get the Golden Elite.

Golden Elite vs. Cody-Page-Scurll vs. Fale-GOD

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
It's interesting, there's next to no Bullet Club presence on the "Road to The New Beginning" shows. There's tag matches for Yujiro and Hikuleo (formerly Leo Tonga). No Fale, G.O.D., Cody, Scurll, Page, Elite or Ibushi. Absolutely no members of Bullet Club in a match in the Osaka show on the 10th.

I'm wondering how they progress the storyline.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
theres a video of the owner of prowrestlingtees fliping tables and losing his shit because of bullet club. (its a work but funny)

Reactions: SeidoN

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
Just caught up with Omega and Ibushi reuniting. I know they were the Golden Lovers in DDT and are good friends. Are we suppose to think that they may be gay? Not that there's anything wrong with it, just wondering if that's the consensus

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Just caught up with Omega and Ibushi reuniting. I know they were the Golden Lovers in DDT and are good friends. Are we suppose to think that they may be gay? Not that there's anything wrong with it, just wondering if that's the consensus

Kenny is bi so yes we are supposed to insinuate there is a romantic relationship.

Reactions: Tw1ster

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I had never heard that before either I don’t think, I figured it was just the gimmick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce