Indy: All-Purpose Non-WWE Discussion Thread -- Part 2 [NJPW G1 Special in San Francisco July 7]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sounds like Bound for Glory was bad.

In 2017 you can’t have bad shows. This company won’t make it.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
TNA is gonna TNA. They had a TNA show, and it was as TNA as you would expect. Except worse 'cos everyone has left.

They'll keep on existing, and they'll keep wasting every chance they get.

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
Per Brian Zane on Wrestling with Wregret' s facebook page it looks like TNA is so desperate for a live audience they are looking to pay 50 to 75 actors to sit in the crowd and cheer for their Ottawa shows from the 7th to the 9th.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
yeah, i saw the actual ad.

Bound for Glory wasnt as terrible as i thought. it was. fun, but in anymeans good either.
The AAA match... that Pagano dude. not giving a crap. it was terrible. what a bad wrestler.

Also the two people who recognized Jimmy Jacobs. kudos to them. what a bad crowd.

Albertos promo... lol.

the rest was a show. "fun" but "tna" didnt hated it.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
pretty sure i read it was sold out. there was definitely more than 100 persons in the audience. if they paid or not thats another story.

still terrible idea to do this in ottawa.

edit; guess your talking about the ad thing to go to the tapings?

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
World Tag League participants announced:

World Tag League 2017 entrants announced! Juice and Callahan! Elgin and Cobb! Henare returns! The tournament will kick off from Korakuen Hall on November 18 and will air on NJPWWORLD for FREE‼︎ | NEW JAPAN PRO-WRESTLING

B Block seems super stacked. Killer Elite Squad, Guerillas of Destiny and War Machine are all on that side. Ishii and Yano won the tag belts at WK11. Other intriguing teams are Elgin and Jeff Cobb and Baretta and Chuckie T (Chuck Taylor).

A Block is pretty wide open...Evil and Sanada, Page and Fale, Goto and Yoshi Hashi. Juice and Sami Callihan is an interesting team.

Starts next weekend...runs until December 11.

Road to Tokyo Dome is December 17 and 18 and before you know it...January 4 is almost here.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Johny Mundo, Son of havok, chavo guerrero and pj black confirmed to comming back to Lucha Underground s04

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
True in a way but im sure those guys can work with tna, aaa, noah with their partership.
Its not as bad either since the season wont be filmed 18 months before it airs.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Yeah, but I'd rather they sign with NJPW or WWE as those are the non-indies that I actually watch. But if they don't have forever sitting about waiting it won't be as bad. The Ricochet problem was annoying as everyone knew where he wanted to be years ago, but he was forced to wait for no return.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I tuned into ROH... and I don't really watch ROH a lot. I saw a Lethal promo where he was interrupted by a guy named Marty Scurll. Dude has a f***ing awesome entrance and an awesome theme.

Guy any good? Because it was extremely captivating.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I tuned into ROH... and I don't really watch ROH a lot. I saw a Lethal promo where he was interrupted by a guy named Marty Scurll. Dude has a ****ing awesome entrance and an awesome theme.

Guy any good? Because it was extremely captivating.
He's f***ing amazing. He's one of the top three UK guys, along with Ospreay and Sabre Jr..

If you want some of his matches, the ones against Ospreay and Sabre Jr. are always good. And with usual names like Hero, O'Reilly, Ricochet, and so on. He also tags with Sabre Jr. (as The Leaders Of The New School), and they're awesome together (they've been a team for like a decade now).

Reactions: ColePens

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Thank you! Now it looks like I have a lot to watch. :laugh: The guy was just so captivating. Really stole my attention.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
everything about Scurll is amazing.
besides the matches listed check when they kick out Adam Cole off BC to replace him with him. pretty fun moment where the crowd erupts.

Reactions: ColePens

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
This Jericho-Omega match has really piqued my interest, for a variety of reasons. First off, the build-up could be great. Jericho and Omega both love to hype their products up, and I enjoy almost (Fozzy) everything that Jericho does. Omega seems pretty ambitious so I am curious to see what they come up with. The idea of the match alone is already pretty unique.

Second, I am curious to see how the match plays out. I am not a big Omega fan, but I recognize that he is great at a certain kind of match, namely the high speed spot trading matches. I can't imagine that kind of match working with 47 year old Jericho. If he can pull a great match out of Jericho at this point and in this context then I will be very impressed. Presumably the match will require both Jericho speeding up and Omega slowing down.

Third, I find this a very interesting addition to Jericho's already very unique career. He is pretty much the last guy of the territory system generation still going, he had a mid 40s renaissance this past year and now is going back to a company he hasn't worked for in two decades (and that has changed significantly since then) to have a prominent match at its biggest event of the year. Jericho isn't the best ever, but his career is possibly the most interesting ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad