Indy: All-Purpose Non-WWE Discussion Thread -- Part 2 [NJPW G1 Special in San Francisco July 7]

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Katsuyori Shibata didn't respond too well to the changing seasons.

On a positive note of his latest update, he seems to have realized that being impatient and trying to rush to recovery so he could return to wrestle (his intention) has been doing more harm than good and he's now going to let it take the time it needs.

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
i love and hate to see footages of, once "big" wrestlers in no condition to work when they seem at the bottom...
would love to read all their books or hear their stories... preferably hear them, while drunk.
its like sad, but fascinating at the same time...
WWE paying for him to go to rehab. Hopefully he finds a way to stay clean

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Looks like he got drunk at a show in Canada this past Friday.

"Jeff Jarrett allegedly passed out from drinking in a locker room at an indie show on Friday, then insisted on wrestling — and this video sadly shows he was in no condition to be in the ring.

Ewaschuk claims Jeff Jarrett continued to drink and ultimately passed out in the locker room during the show.

Before the match, Double J’s music hit for his entrance but the wrestler didn’t come out. His opponent then got on the microphone and said Jeff was upstairs getting drunk. Jeff finally hit the ring moments later and for about ten minutes the two wrestlers stalled for time."

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/jeff-jarrett-drunk-wrestling-video/#.We_p9miPKUk

Jeff Jarett Has Checked Himself Into Rehab

https://www.theringreport.com/tna/f...f-jarett-has-checked-himself-into-rehab-a1955

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Meltzer noted on his show the other night that tickets for Wrestle Kingdom have gone on sale, and they've been selling faster than last year. Interestingly, the tickets allocated for overseas fans sold out instantly. So if you wanted to go you have to get someone in Japan to buy the ticket for you locally.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Meltzer noted on his show the other night that tickets for Wrestle Kingdom have gone on sale, and they've been selling faster than last year. Interestingly, the tickets allocated for overseas fans sold out instantly. So if you wanted to go you have to get someone in Japan to buy the ticket for you locally.
NJPW grossly underestimates their popularity in North America.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
NJPW grossly underestimates their popularity in North America.

Yeah. It's a problem for a lot of companies in Japan. They only focus on their domestic business, ignoring the fact that there are a few billion other people who will happily give them money too. They're always super conservative, which can be really frustrating.

It's crazy to me that when I was young Japan was always seen as the futuristic place and they got all the new technology before anyone else (and especially video games); but now with how everyone else has changed to be more global, and they have not, they almost seem backward. And it didn't take long for this to happen either.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
so like its only a cultural thing, where they dont want a full crowd yelling like idiots ( i mean compared to them. ) and keep the show more traditional to their own audience??

i mean they're expanding to US. they know their popularity. work regulary with ROH.. they should know people wana go there. to the big show.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Don't you remember how the NJPW shows went when they had them in the US? Those were not your standard american audiences. And it's not like they come close to selling out. So while there is something to be said for making sure your local fans can get their tickets, it's not like they are scarce. There are plenty extras.

And they really don't know their popularity or understand the market. Everything they've done has sold out, and it still surprises them. Even before they had their american shows, people were questioning the size of the building. They seem oblivious to the fact that a large wrestling fanbase exists that is very willing to travel for good shows. It's like they are tip-toeing down the beach unsure of what to expect, when everyone else is already in the seas screaming that the water is indeed wet.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They should run Staples Center next year for July 1. They will sell it out.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Tip of the cap to Baretta...brilliant performance but Kenny is incredible. Of course the Jericho vignette after stole the show.

Some of Baretta's mannerisms in the ring...kinda reminds me of Edge. Tall and slender build and he does hands through the hair move like Edge. Probably a better athlete than Edge but Edge was a strong character in ring.

A cool spot in the match was the slide under the bottom rope by Baretta where snap suplexed Kenny to the mat on the way through.

Fun show overall. Ibushi-Tanahashi was great. The fatal 4-way for the junior heavyweight title at WK12 should be good. The Bucks challenged R3K.

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
Tip of the cap to Baretta...brilliant performance but Kenny is incredible. Of course the Jericho vignette after stole the show.

Some of Baretta's mannerisms in the ring...kinda reminds me of Edge. Tall and slender build and he does hands through the hair move like Edge. Probably a better athlete than Edge but Edge was a strong character in ring.

A cool spot in the match was the slide under the bottom rope by Baretta where snap suplexed Kenny to the mat on the way through.

Fun show overall. Ibushi-Tanahashi was great. The fatal 4-way for the junior heavyweight title at WK12 should be good. The Bucks challenged R3K.
Just finished the show. Ton of fun though I’m not huge on the four way for the jr title they set up for WK. Too much talent to be thrown in a multi man match. But now I’m incredibly intrigued about Omega’s match at WK. Great for promoting NJPW.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
A note on Taya missing the TNA show and taping from Meltzer's show.

Apparently it's a visa issue. While she is Canadian and has no issues going, she couldn't be sure she'd be able to cross back after the shows. She lives in the US, so it's not really an option to get stuck in Canada.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
yeah ill definitely be getting up early to watch Alpha/Omega and Okada/Naito

last WK the main event started at like 10am-ish here so not too bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad