Indy: All-Purpose Non-WWE Discussion Thread -- Part 2 [NJPW G1 Special in San Francisco July 7]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Ring of Honour are starting a streaming service.

Two tiers, Standard and VIP.

Standard gets you live 'On Tour' shows, archive access, shop discounts, and 50% off iPPVs. Costs $9.99 per month or $99.99 per year.

VIP gives you the same, except the iPPVs are included in the price. Costs $119.99 per year (no monthly).

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I had never heard that before either I don’t think, I figured it was just the gimmick.

I imagine some of it is definitely worked though, and made to play up with Yaoi fans in Japan.

From what I understand, and I can’t find a good source, but Kenny has admitted to being bi but preferring women.

It is pretty normal in manga and anime, especially in ones directed towards a female audience to introduce homosexual undertones, if not full blown homosexual relationships.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i think he has never been open, but he has wrote this:

and he had said this: (6:40)

like it doesnt matter, i was just curious aswell after the question and found that.
(but f*** yeah, we all have a chance guys. ;-) )

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Honestly I think the potential romantic ties make it more interesting.

It isn’t meant to be explicit, just enough of a tease to get the fangirls all into it and drawing fan art.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I don't expect that anything with Omega and Ibushi is going to explicitly state that they are in a homosexual relationship (work or shoot) but the way they are handling it is pretty good. Have to remember that Japan is more accepting of homosexuality (or bisexuality I imagine) than almost all other parts of East Asia. I think that Emperoreddy has the right take on it, and fans will likely read into it what they want. I must say that it is a gimmick I have hoped to see for some time. A lot of story potential there.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Didn’t Kenny come out as bi? There were a few moments in BTE where he clearly said he swung both ways, and I believe another time on Twitter where he acknowledged someone praising him for being openly bisexual in pro wrestling.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Ring of Honour are starting a streaming service.

Two tiers, Standard and VIP.

Standard gets you live 'On Tour' shows, archive access, shop discounts, and 50% off iPPVs. Costs $9.99 per month or $99.99 per year.

VIP gives you the same, except the iPPVs are included in the price. Costs $119.99 per year (no monthly).
Wrestling is getting expensive, lol.

$12 for WWE, $12 for NJPW, $12 for Stardom.

Might have to pass on ROH, even though archive access would be amazing.

Reactions: ColePens

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Yeah, I'm paying for WWE, NJPW, PROGRESS, RevPro, WXW, and EVOLVE/WWN right now, and I'm not looking to add any more. Even ignoring costs I don't really want to watch more. Anything new will have to force one of these out, and I can't see it happening easily.

But RoH is an easy pass for me as I'm not an RoH guy. I usually watch the PPVs round a mates' if they get good reviews, but I don't follow the show actively. The archive is great, but I've seen most of the best bits over the years anyway.

Still, it's a great deal for those who get the PPVs already.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Yeah, I'm paying for WWE, NJPW, PROGRESS, RevPro, WXW, and EVOLVE/WWN right now, and I'm not looking to add any more. Even ignoring costs I don't really want to watch more. Anything new will have to force one of these out, and I can't see it happening easily.

But RoH is an easy pass for me as I'm not an RoH guy. I usually watch the PPVs round a mates' if they get good reviews, but I don't follow the show actively. The archive is great, but I've seen most of the best bits over the years anyway.

Still, it's a great deal for those who get the PPVs already.
Are they basically all $9.99?

What's all on the WWN network?

I MAY go to 4, but I don't know. I'm not a huge fan of current RoH. I like Daniels, Kaz, and the Machine Guns. Not much else.

RoH would purely be for archives when I was a big fan. Same if I signed up for Impact's network... Would solely be for archives.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Are they basically all $9.99?

What's all on the WWN network?

I MAY go to 4, but I don't know. I'm not a huge fan of current RoH. I like Daniels, Kaz, and the Machine Guns. Not much else.

RoH would purely be for archives when I was a big fan. Same if I signed up for Impact's network... Would solely be for archives.
Everything is in different currencies to make it mildly awkward, but it ends up being more or less $10us each:
WWE - £9.99
NJPW - ¥999
PROGRESS - $7.49
RevPro - $8.49
WXW - €9.99
WWN - $9.99

For WWN you've got all their promotions on there I think. EVOLVE was the reason I signed up as I've followed it for ages now, I've not really had a look at anything else. I know they have the Shine shows, Full Impact Pro, Style Battle, Dragon Gate USA stuff.

They actually have a free month on sign up if you make an account today. The offer ends Monday, so you'll have to rush.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Finally finished the Osaka show...good but not great. Ospreay-Hiromu was by far match of the show.

Sanada is very talented but looks like he's holding back. He gave it a decent go but he's not worthy of that belt.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
No. Sanada faced Okada in the main event. It was an okay match. 4 out of 5 at best. I think Sanada did some of his moves at 75%. He's got junior heavyweight athleticism but didn't seem to be going all out. Okada gave a mild effort as a result.

Ospreay-Takahashi was the typical junior heavyweight thrill-a-minute match. Those guys got after it.

Goto-Evil was pretty good. Evil's best big match he's had was against Okada last year.

The big news out of the show was Mysterio challenging Liger. I think Makabe is going to be Suzuki's first challenger for the IC title. Taichi grabbed Naito on the ramp after his match with Yoshi-Hashi...don't know what that was all about.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
im talking after the show.... ospreay interrupted the press conference of okada. he said something about when they met in 2015 and fought he was really close to beating Okada.
then mention something about 'i dont know if this is a test for me to step out off your shadow and become my own person, but i accept the challenge. thank you very much and i will beat you"

then everything went japanesse again. so i guess its okada who challenged ospraey? didnt find anything about it. so i dont know. everyone is talking about Rey Misterio.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
My mistake...I didn't catch that part. Saw it on Twitter later in the day that Okada challenged Ospreay for the anniversary show and Ospreay wants to enter the J-Cup.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I thought challenging your own stable was part of Jay White’s gimmick?

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
The 2-night Honor Rising card has been announced...the 23rd and 24th. It will feature Ibushi and Omega pairing up in two separate tag matches against Cody and Scurll. Friday will be a 6-man with Ibushi-Omega-Chase Owens vs. Cody-Scurll-Hangman Page. 4-man match will be on Saturday.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
From the angle they shot, it seems Marty should be on the Omega side

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Lucha Underground is taping tonight for those who watch. I've no clue when it's scheduled to air, but be weary of potential spoilers that will be out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad