OT: All Purpose NCAA Football Thread Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Down goes #5 Washington to Arizona State. It’s the fourth top ten upset by an unranked team this weekend.

That’s a really ugly loss by Washington & could really hurt them in the eyes of the playoff committee on top of a bad OOC schedule.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Down goes #5 Washington to Arizona State. It’s the fourth top ten upset by an unranked team this weekend.

That’s a really ugly loss by Washington & could really hurt them in the eyes of the playoff committee on top of a bad OOC schedule.

Yea, Washington is done, they have no chance. Even if a one loss team gets in, it definitely won't be them.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Great weekend for Georgia. They're not far off from the dream scenario where a win out and a loss to Alabama in the SEC title game gets them in. I hate to bring myself to root for Penn St for a game, but them beating Ohio St would be huge since the Michigan loop looks easier by the week.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Great weekend for Georgia. They're not far off from the dream scenario where a win out and a loss to Alabama in the SEC title game gets them in. I hate to bring myself to root for Penn St for a game, but them beating Ohio St would be huge since the Michigan loop looks easier by the week.
If Georgia losses to Bama in Atlanta in respectable fashion, I think they're in (provided they're undefeated to that point). TCU or Oklahoma gets in, no PAC 12 team, one of OSU, PSU or Wisconsin. And then you're left with potentially a one loss Clemson team or one loss UGA. Syracuse in the regular season <<<<<<<< Bama in Atlanta.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Penn State still has a tough stretch these next three weeks. They got Michigan, @ Ohio State, & @ Michigan State. If they can get past that at least 2-1 with a non-Ohio State loss they should be good. As they’ll finish out with Rutgers, Nebraska, & @ Maryland. None of them are even middle of the pack quality teams.

Wisconsin should win the West, really no excuse not to with only Michigan left on the schedule. I really don’t think they have the talent to matchup with Ohio State or Penn State in a championship game.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Butch is a true treasure as long as you don't like Tennessee.

If Georgia losses to Bama in Atlanta in respectable fashion, I think they're in (provided they're undefeated to that point). TCU or Oklahoma gets in, no PAC 12 team, one of OSU, PSU or Wisconsin. And then you're left with potentially a one loss Clemson team or one loss UGA. Syracuse in the regular season <<<<<<<< Bama in Atlanta.

I completely agree with your logic, but a one loss Clemson team has an argument. I don't trust the voters to make the right call. Plus there's a secnario in which Penn St runs the table and loses to an undefeated Wisconsin in the Big 10 Championship Game, which I would consider a major upset, but is at least plausible.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Notre Dame is a team to watch that could wreck the playoff picture if they win out. Fournately they still got USC, NC State, @ Miami, & @ Stanford on the schedule along with the one loss.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
There’s a kid here in Philly that has turned into a national recruit despite being currently halfway in his first ever year playing football as a senior. His name is Christian Barnmore. He’s a 6’6” 290 lbs. DL who just made the switch from basketball to football this year. He’s already got big offers from the big boys down south & I’d imagine the bigger northern schools will eventually throw their hat into the ring.

In today’s accelerated recruiting it’s pretty rare to see a kid in his senior year suddenly become a national recruit. Most national kids are often identified some time between their first two years in high school (some even in grade school) these days.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
There’s a kid here in Philly that has turned into a national recruit despite being currently halfway in his first ever year playing football as a senior. His name is Christian Barnmore. He’s a 6’6” 290 lbs. DL who just made the switch from basketball to football this year. He’s already got big offers from the big boys down south & I’d imagine the bigger northern schools will eventually throw their hat into the ring.

In today’s accelerated recruiting it’s pretty rare to see a kid in his senior year suddenly become a national recruit. Most national kids are often identified some time between their first two years in high school (some even in grade school) these days.
Yup. Picked up offers from just about every SEC school in the last couple of weeks.

Georgia got a big re-commitment from Adam Anderson today. The kid hasn't camped at all and is still considered by a lot of people to be the best pure pass rusher in this cycle.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Georgia got a big re-commitment from Adam Anderson today. The kid hasn't camped at all and is still considered by a lot of people to be the best pure pass rusher in this cycle.

I’m not against them as they do provide value in the evaluation process but if you don’t go to camps the summer before your senior year your rankings aren’t going to move upwards much at all. The Army All-American Game & the Under Armor Game with the practices are other key events where your ranking can jump with a good week.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I’m not against them as they do provide value in the evaluation process but if you don’t go to camps the summer before your senior year your rankings aren’t going to move upwards much at all. The Army All-American Game & the Under Armor Game with the practices are other key events where your ranking can jump with a good week.
Yeah, that's what I meant. The kid hasn't camped and is still a top 50 overall player. Pretty impressive, considering he doesn't play in the immediate Atlanta metro area that gets most of the coverage/scouting in Georgia.

A lot of writers think he'll be bumped to a five star after the Army All-American game.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah, that's what I meant. The kid hasn't camped and is still a top 50 overall player. Pretty impressive, considering he doesn't play in the immediate Atlanta metro area that gets most of the coverage/scouting in Georgia.

A lot of writers think he'll be bumped to a five star after the Army All-American game.

Yeah it happens to a lot of kids up North here who don’t hit the camp circuits & don’t go to a name high school program.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I'm sure someone, somewhere has made a worse decision/throw than Ehlinger just did, but I'll be damned if I can think of one.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
It's such a great feeling when you find one of those plays that just makes you laugh at the impossibility of it. He's so damn good. Has to be an early leader for '19 WR1.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I don’t know why Indiana has willingly benched Lagow for weeks now. This replacement can’t throw the ball for shit. Lagow turns the ball over but at least he has some arm talent & can make some plays in the passing game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad