Golf: All Purpose Golf Thread | 2017-18 PGA Tour schedule in post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia

Almost surprising that he didn't win by a greater margin with stats like he had.

I will say this: there are probably more hot takes regarding Rory than any other golfer sans Tiger, and I happily participate in none of them... except for the take that Rory can't win tournaments that aren't birdie-fests. He's won 22 professional stroke play events and the highest to-par score he's had in those tournaments is -12. Very suspicious.

Reactions: MrFunnyWobbl

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
LMAO. He wants to play with Tiger at the RC, so he's devised this master plan. Is this step 1? What could be step 2? No one ever accused Patty Reed of not being a genius.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Almost surprising that he didn't win by a greater margin with stats like he had.

I will say this: there are probably more hot takes regarding Rory than any other golfer sans Tiger, and I happily participate in none of them... except for the take that Rory can't win tournaments that aren't birdie-fests. He's won 22 professional stroke play events and the highest to-par score he's had in those tournaments is -12. Very suspicious.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
LMAO. He wants to play with Tiger at the RC, so he's devised this master plan. Is this step 1? What could be step 2? No one ever accused Patty Reed of not being a genius.

I didn't think of this when I first saw that video... good point. Although I think it's pretty hopeless for Pat to wish for that anyway, Tiger almost always seems to get paired up with losers like Stricker and Kuchar. Pat is probably too alpha to be paired with Tiger.

Harrington is definitely right on that. Also, Rory's numerous comments where he - in my opinion - implies that he doesn't really like golf that much (this, this, this) has made me think for a while that he mentally checks himself out if he's not firing on all cylinders. It might seem like a stretch to think that a guy as good as him isn't passionate about the sport, but I mean Brooks Koepka has openly admitted that he thinks golf is boring and that he'd rather play baseball, so it's a possibility.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I didn't think of this when I first saw that video... good point. Although I think it's pretty hopeless for Pat to wish for that anyway, Tiger almost always seems to get paired up with losers like Stricker and Kuchar. Pat is probably too alpha to be paired with Tiger.

Harrington is definitely right on that. Also, Rory's numerous comments where he - in my opinion - implies that he doesn't really like golf that much (this, this, this) has made me think for a while that he mentally checks himself out if he's not firing on all cylinders. It might seem like a stretch to think that a guy as good as him isn't passionate about the sport, but I mean Brooks Koepka has openly admitted that he thinks golf is boring and that he'd rather play baseball, so it's a possibility.

I think Tiger will play with JT, and I doubt there will be a change to Reed-Spieth.

About Rory, I agree, but I also think its easier for the guys who are good on the greens to grind out rounds than those that who are not.

Reactions: Dr John Carlson
Jan 3, 2012
Tiger will play with whoever he wants, because he is Tiger. He's like Lebron, Tyron Lue may be the official coach, but you know LeBron is the real coach who has the power and calls the shots.

What are everyone's thoughts on the matchplay format and people skipping it?

I don't really mind the format either way. Though, I would prefer they go back to the other format if that means elite players don't skip it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad