Golf: All Purpose Golf Thread | 2017-18 PGA Tour schedule in post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Welcome back. Just in time to watch his second US Open victory, and just in time to miss all the Tiger hoopla. :laugh:

Reading through that thread and seeing the archived articles on Golf Channel made me want to throw up. Sensationalist garbage, all of it.

Can't believe Lefty isn't going to be teeing it up at Erin Hills. Dakota probably feels like jumping off a bridge now that his boy's career grand slam is likely never gonna happen.

Poor Tiger and the NBA is as exciting as watching paint dry so I've been told since I haven't watch that garbage since Jordan retired.

NBA's product >>>>>>>>>>>> NHL's. Regardless of whether or not you're a fan of GSW or Cleveland, I'll take dominant teams with skilled talent rising to the top over the NHL's artificial parity and luck of the draw.

Let's go Cavs!

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Reading through that thread and seeing the archived articles on Golf Channel made me want to throw up. Sensationalist garbage, all of it.

Can't believe Lefty isn't going to be teeing it up at Erin Hills. Dakota probably feels like jumping off a bridge now that his boy's career grand slam is likely never gonna happen.

NBA's product >>>>>>>>>>>> NHL's. Regardless of whether or not you're a fan of GSW or Cleveland, I'll take dominant teams with skilled talent rising to the top over the NHL's artificial parity and luck of the draw.

Let's go Cavs!

You can have it. NBA to me is unwatchable. Really riveting playoffs this year I see by the scores. :laugh:

And good for Lefty. I true family guy unlike Woods.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I really don't like the NBA, its so predictable, same two teams every year, but will watch the finals. I enjoy that, those games are usually pretty good, so I'm an NBA fan for like two weeks per year.

Jan 3, 2012
I really don't like the NBA, its so predictable, same two teams every year, but will watch the finals. I enjoy that, those games are usually pretty good, so I'm an NBA fan for like two weeks per year.

Amen to that.

I watch some raptors games, and some games between the big teams after the first round, then GSW-CLE and that's about it.

US Open just around the corner. Having seen the course, I think scoring could potentially be low for good ballstrikers. Hitting fairways will be key, and they are quite wide. Have to see what they do with the greens.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Amen to that.

I watch some raptors games, and some games between the big teams after the first round, then GSW-CLE and that's about it.

US Open just around the corner. Having seen the course, I think scoring could potentially be low for good ballstrikers. Hitting fairways will be key, and they are quite wide. Have to see what they do with the greens.

This week is going by so slowly.

I'm very excited for next week. Very little clue what to expect, don't know much about Erin Hills. I heard that the fairways are very wide, and its a long course. We'll have to see about the greens. I hope this doesn't turn into another PGA Championship. They can make it a good, tough venue with tough greens or they can get a Jason Kokrak, Gary Woodland as their champion if the greens are slow with little undulation, and its just a who can hit their driver the longest and irons the highest contest.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
I hope this doesn't turn into another PGA Championship.

This is the USGA we're talking about. They would rather cancel the event than hold a tournament where the winning score is better than -10.

All I hope for is that Erin Hills is a better first-time course than the terrible Chambers Bay. The bar isn't very high in that regard.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
The players are already complaining, I hope the USGA doesn't give in. We watch so many tournaments where -10, -15, -20 wins. Give us a tournament where par is a good score. The last few years the USGA has put out some really easy US Open courses. -9, -5, -4 are the last three winners.

Jan 3, 2012

This week is going by so slowly.

I'm very excited for next week. Very little clue what to expect, don't know much about Erin Hills. I heard that the fairways are very wide, and its a long course. We'll have to see about the greens. I hope this doesn't turn into another PGA Championship. They can make it a good, tough venue with tough greens or they can get a Jason Kokrak, Gary Woodland as their champion if the greens are slow with little undulation, and its just a who can hit their driver the longest and irons the highest contest.

WGT golf has added Erin Hills as a playable course. The game has a deal with USGA to add every US Open course each year. It's pretty realistic in that they photograph thousands of pics of the course and then build the course from that, making it super accurate unlike some programmers attempt at making it.

Maybe worth giving it a play to checkout the course, or can watch a stream of someone playing it.

I would say its like a combination or Chamber's Bay and a Royal St. George type of links course. Fairly wide fairways with a good bit of fairway bunkers. Greens seem pretty fair. Rough is almost all long fescue. Very long course, from the tips all the par 5s are over 600.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
D. Johnson, Spieth and Kaymer paired together for the US Open. It was revealed today. Only tee time that has been released so far. I don't know why the USGA is playing games with fans about when certain tee times will be released, but thats what has been released so far.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
More importantly, will Fox figure out how to broadscast golf? Skip Bayless and Shannon Sharpe will be there so that's a bad start. How long until we are overloaded with drones, shot tracers (every tee shot supposedly), useless graphics, stupid interviews, missed groups, etc? The more I hear about their tech, the less confidant in the people covering the golf I become. Tech can't compensate for bad coverage.

I'm salty already.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Shot tracer on every hole is a great idea. The drones are a bit much and we don't need the frequent cutaways to a panel of irrelevant guys (did they do this last year? I know they did at Chambers Bay). Last year's coverage was actually solid in my opinion.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Shot tracer sucks if you do it every tee shot and don't show other angles which show where the ball is landing, roll, etc. That's how they did it last year whenever they used the tracer, you never knew where the hell the ball was going 300 yards down hole. Unless you are highly familiar with the landing zones and approach angles players are using for each hole, all you get is colored lines going off into the distance. The viewer can't tell if the tee shot is good or not. Par 3s are totally fine as well as sharp doglegs, then its interesting for tracer. Its just an over reliance on tech in my opinion over good tv coverage.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I was watching the US Open qualifying show on FS1, and they gave a segment to Bayless.

He pretty much started off talking about DJ's past sexual transgressions, drug, alcohol problems, questioning whether he actually had a back injury at Augusta. He was just trying to rile people up.

This guy is really too controversial. He would ruin their telecast, if he was part of it.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
I was watching the US Open qualifying show on FS1, and they gave a segment to Bayless.

He pretty much started off talking about DJ's past sexual transgressions, drug, alcohol problems, questioning whether he actually had a back injury at Augusta. He was just trying to rile people up.

This guy is really too controversial. He would ruin their telecast, if he was part of it.

Bayless shouldn't even be on the air let alone doing anything with golf. Guy sucks.

BluesOne31

We going insane
Dec 31, 2011
Back in HS I took a bus down with about 20 other kids to play TPC Louisiana. One of the kids was a few years younger than me but already unreal at that age. He just fired a 10 under 61 in the first round of the LatinoAmerican tour today for a 4 shot lead.

Jan 3, 2012
Back in HS I took a bus down with about 20 other kids to play TPC Louisiana. One of the kids was a few years younger than me but already unreal at that age. He just fired a 10 under 61 in the first round of the LatinoAmerican tour today for a 4 shot lead.

Damn.

Also can't wait to see how politicized this US Open becomes by Fox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad