Golf: All Purpose Golf Thread | 2017-18 PGA Tour schedule in post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacques The Mayor

Aug 29, 2011
wastings mn
I played 9 holes yesterday for the first time ever and shot a 56. The co worker I went with said that's pretty good for a first time and he ended up shooting about a 70. He stopped keeping score after the first 5 holes though. Another co worker we went with shot a 39 but he goes golfing 3-4 days a week.

Jan 3, 2012
I played 9 holes yesterday for the first time ever and shot a 56. The co worker I went with said that's pretty good for a first time and he ended up shooting about a 70. He stopped keeping score after the first 5 holes though. Another co worker we went with shot a 39 but he goes golfing 3-4 days a week.

Yeah 56 is pretty solid for first time ever tbh.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
And Dufner just dropped a short chip right in the water for a double bogey.Summerhays made birdie, so from 5 behind to 3 up in 11 holes.

Jan 3, 2012
Phil Mickelson skipping US Open to attend his daughters high school graduation.

Just doesn't want to come 2nd again lol.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
This is my favorite golf course on the PGA Tour, non-major venues.

They gotta put this in the US Open rotation.
Grew up in Muirfield actually. It's a great community and a great course. Jack knows what he's doing.

It looks especially beautiful this year.

Hoping to see Rickie or Summerhays pull this one out. Only issue is that I was hoping not everyone would be on him for the US Open, oh well.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Grew up in Muirfield actually. It's a great community and a great course. Jack knows what he's doing.

It looks especially beautiful this year.

Hoping to see Rickie or Summerhays pull this one out. Only issue is that I was hoping not everyone would be on him for the US Open, oh well.

How many times have you played Muirfield Village? Are you are a member?

You know a course is good when the players compare it to Augusta. It is kind of similar to Augusta though, and the similarities don't surprise me, given Jack designed the course. Really fair course. If you hit the fairways, you can make low scores. If not, you are in trouble because its so hard to scramble on this course. The players say these are the best greens all year, besides the majors.

Its definitely in my top 5 courses I haven't played that I'd like to play. I've played a number of courses that have hosted majors, tour events, but this course looks excellent.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Phil Mickelson skipping US Open to attend his daughters high school graduation.

Just doesn't want to come 2nd again lol.

Phil the Everyman strikes again. He's probably (correctly) assumed that he'll have a much greater chance at contending in the next 3 US Opens at Shinnecock, Pebble, and Winged Foot. I highly doubt he withdraws if this year's tournament is at one of those three courses.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
How many times have you played Muirfield Village? Are you are a member?

You know a course is good when the players compare it to Augusta. It is kind of similar to Augusta though, and the similarities don't surprise me, given Jack designed the course. Really fair course. If you hit the fairways, you can make low scores. If not, you are in trouble because its so hard to scramble on this course. The players say these are the best greens all year, besides the majors.

Its definitely in my top 5 courses I haven't played that I'd like to play. I've played a number of courses that have hosted majors, tour events, but this course looks excellent.
Unfortunately I've never been able to play it, but I have played their CC course a few times, and been to the tournament a bunch. I know a lot of people who have played it, but I'm the only person in my family who is into golf (or sports for that matter), so no CC memberships for me. If I ever move back there I'll get a membership though. Both the Tournament course and CC course are very well maintained and beautiful. The tournament course is the greenest grass I've ever seen, so much so that it looks painted, so I definitely understand the Augusta comparisons.

It's a really great course for watching golf, it seems to have been designed with crowds in mind. My favorite is the 12th, there's a huge hill on the opposite side of the pond from the green where you can sit or lay on the ground, be totally comfortable, and see everything.

I would highly recommend it. There's a lot of stuff to do over a weekend in Dublin, and the hospitality of the tournament itself is fantastic. Ohio doesn't have much, but Jack really knows how to put on a tournament.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Summerhays already 3 over after 4. 4-way tie now, Summerhays has zero chance now, heh. Bubba was at 8-1 this morning and I threw $10 on him as backup to my Summerhays bet.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
bovada.lv

And I may have given up on Summerhays too soon. As a guy who has never won, I would have expected a guy that goes 3 over after 4 wouldn't bounce back but he has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad