Confirmed with Link: All-Purpose Coyotes Arena Talk: Land Auction Date Set - 6/27

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Once again Jamie never said he ran million dollar companies...... but in reality I have. FTR Jakey a million dollar company is a lemonade stand these days!!!
So you ran a lemonade stand. I do believe that.;):laugh: All cash business. Did you report ALL your income.;)

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Haven’t heard anything about how Flames players have been treated. What’s the story there?
Markstrom. What would you say IF AM wanted the Flames deal with the COP? Would you be ok with that? I bet no one here would, or very few would.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I'd put my money on you, me, or @Jamieh before AM on that one.

I run a million-dollar company, too. Most managers do. It is peanuts.
Hell I run one location with 10 employees that averages $200k a month so over $2 mil. I also got a breakfast burrito and drink yesterday at the Filiburtos next door and that was 15 freaking dollars! For a burrito and drink! A million dollar company is literally nothing anymore. I also finished 2nd in the district in profit last month and will receive zero bonus because my company jacked the budgets up to screw all the managers over. Now many are jumping ship. Can't wait to see how much the company loses to squeeze a few extra dollars out of the experienced people they have. Poor management is not exclusive to professional sports owners that's for sure.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Hell I run one location with 10 employees that averages $200k a month so over $2 mil. I also got a breakfast burrito and drink yesterday at the Filiburtos next door and that was 15 freaking dollars! For a burrito and drink! A million dollar company is literally nothing anymore. I also finished 2nd in the district in profit last month and will receive zero bonus because my company jacked the budgets up to screw all the managers over. Now many are jumping ship. Can't wait to see how much the company loses to squeeze a few extra dollars out of the experienced people they have. Poor management is not exclusive to professional sports owners that's for sure.
$15 bucks??

Come out here..... 3 bucks cheaper.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
The prices at "hole in the wall" joints are scandalous these days. El Norteno is still cash only and one of these days they will have to start accepting cards because no one has that much cash on them these days.

See a lot more riffraff in line buying one item than I used to and I wonder how much of that is the prices. Ah, well. Might not matter. I am partially convinced most of these places are money laundering locations.

Reactions: RemoAZ and SniperHF

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
Because the building doesn't have the Physical space to make it hockey friendly. I've been to the building for Jazz games, it's an incredibly steep building which is great for basketball but how are you physically going to alter that?? outside of a complete renovation ala Seattle's rink.

It's all scam and a path for Ryan Smith to get a new Arena/District elsewhere. Have fun with that Utah!
I haven't even been inside the building but by looking at pictures, the cost to transform that building into what they'd like is an engineering nightmare. The NBA likely wouldn't allow it because it probably would risk losing seats for a period of time while the building gets reworked. We are talking adding a new concourse, demo the existing section and then installation of a new section. In phases that would take 3 to 5 years minimum with interruptions. The venue likely wouldn't be able to have concerts in the off seasons because of construction.

This is just from my experience with construction projects and every site is different but that is what I am seeing would likely happen.

Reactions: Knights2017

Knights2017

Deactivated Coyotes Fan
Jan 13, 2021
Gilbert, AZ
I haven't even been inside the building but by looking at pictures, the cost to transform that building into what they'd like is an engineering nightmare. The NBA likely wouldn't allow it because it probably would risk losing seats for a period of time while the building gets reworked. We are talking adding a new concourse, demo the existing section and then installation of a new section. In phases that would take 3 to 5 years minimum with interruptions. The venue likely wouldn't be able to have concerts in the off seasons because of construction.

This is just from my experience with construction projects and every site is different but that is what I am seeing would likely happen.
You've explained my point perfectly.

It’s very possible we have a new arena in AZ before Utah.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017

Yeah, but did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

• Haha
Reactions: Desert Ice 11

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Back when I was a kid my family took a road trip across the country. We stayed at some Shitts Creek style dive motels and my dad put a quarter in one of those vibrating beds and it malfunctioned and wouldn't shut off. The clerk was no help either. My parents slept on that loud vibrating piece of shit.

Last edited:

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Seems obvious but somehow no.
First thing I thought, too, but sometimes even cheap motels go to great lengths to keep customers from tampering with in-room electronics. Just last month I was looking at youtube videos on how to hack an AC unit that was being annoying and finally decided it wasn't worth the risk.

Is it June 27th yet?
It's June 27 somewhere

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
First thing I thought, too, but sometimes even cheap motels go to great lengths to keep customers from tampering with in-room electronics. Just last month I was looking at youtube videos on how to hack an AC unit that was being annoying and finally decided it wasn't worth the risk.

I seem to recall the massaging beds of my youth at the motels we used to stay in were hardwired to the building's power because of the coin-op mechanism, but I might be remembering wrong...

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Former Employee on Reddit (verified by Reddit) had an AMA up about the Coyotes/Meruelo and had a few choice words to say.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Former Employee on Reddit (verified by Reddit) had an AMA up about the Coyotes/Meruelo and had a few choice words to say.

The Doan thing is simply unreal to me, especially coming from a nepo baby who has accomplished nothing but getting a degree from the University of Second Choice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad