Confirmed with Link: All-Purpose Coyotes Arena Talk: Land Auction Date Set - 6/27

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I take back everything I may have ever said uncomplementary about Leah Merrell.

Her comments about the Twitter trolls tonight have made me her fan for life. I may subscribe to PHNX just to tell her that.

I saw it live.....

The F-bomb per minute rate was incredible.

Also saw this morning a couple of the usual suspects on BoH seemed to take enjoyment in it. Wished I could say something in regards to it but can't.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I saw it live.....

The F-bomb per minute rate was incredible.

Also saw this morning a couple of the usual suspects on BoH seemed to take enjoyment in it. Wished I could say something in regards to it but can't.

I'll say something. F*** all of them. Especially that camelid-appearing chode. What the hell, this board's history in a couple of days, so if I get infracted or banned for insulting those intellectually dishonest troll posers, so be it. All they know about business is the business of being pimply, basement-dwelling incels with too little actual life to distract them from misery.

Smooches, boys, I know you're reading this... :)

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
I knew I was being used. It was ok. I enjoyed the heck out of games I saw in person this year. I watched nearly every game on TV that I wasnt at, and enjoyed almost all those as well ( remember chicago? that sucked) . To me it was an ok trade - my fandom and enjoyable times delivered, for the risk of it not being there in the future. easy. In the last of many final analysis moments, it seems to me Muerlo owes me nothing , except the $ I put down on 24-25 tickets.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I'll say something. F*** all of them. Especially that camelid-appearing chode. What the hell, this board's history in a couple of days, so if I get infracted or banned for insulting those intellectually dishonest troll posers, so be it. All they know about business is the business of being pimply, basement-dwelling incels with too little actual life to distract them from misery.

Smooches, boys, I know you're reading this... :)
Yeah, I wouldn't go all Howard Stern on them and say "I hope you get cancer" or some such....but perhaps an annoying persistent rash somewhere might be nice.

Dale Gribble

Feb 9, 2019
Leafs fan coming in peace here.

To all the Yotes fans, I'm sorry you guys are losing your team, having lost my Mississauga Icedogs years ago still bugs me to this day, especially with it being due to a crappy ownership situation.

In saying that, I hope the fan base gets a Good Ownership Group with a plan the second time around. I've never believed that Hockey more specifically NHL Hockey won't work in Arizona, I think it just needed time and the right owner to put them in a good situation.

All one has to do it look at Nashville, Tampa, and even Florida for that matter to see that "Non Traditional" hockey markets can work with the right ownership group.

No idea as to whom the right owner or arena situation would be best for the market, but hopefully in a few-several years time we get to see it in Phoenix.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Leafs fan coming in peace here.

To all the Yotes fans, I'm sorry you guys are losing your team, having lost my Mississauga Icedogs years ago still bugs me to this day, especially with it being due to a crappy ownership situation.

In saying that, I hope the fan base gets a Good Ownership Group with a plan the second time around. I've never believed that Hockey more specifically NHL Hockey won't work in Arizona, I think it just needed time and the right owner to put them in a good situation.

All one has to do it look at Nashville, Tampa, and even Florida for that matter to see that "Non Traditional" hockey markets can work with the right ownership group.

No idea as to whom the right owner or arena situation would be best for the market, but hopefully in a few-several years time we get to see it in Phoenix.
This post is so rational, so empathetic, so enriched with the best attributes of humanity, you have me questioning that you are actually a Leafs fan. ;)

GhostofTommyBolin

Aug 18, 2016
Chandler, AZ
From what you gather? And where and what is that? You guys better be careful of what you wish for because if AM does win the auction we could have NHL back in three years, if he doesn't NHL won't be back for a least 10-12 yrs.
If you think that grifter can win the auction(if there even is an auction), then somehow fund the entire build, then somehow pay back the billion from the NHL--all in 3 years--then you're goofier than I ever thought. The 10-12 years, though? I think you're absolutely correct about that.
MLB is broken, uncertain why anyone spends money on that product but Diamondbacks are top 10 in the league with 10 home games.

Between 2012-13 & 2019-20 (pre-pandemic, pre-Mullet) the Coyotes drew an average of 13,640. This was for a non-playoff, no major star, limited history, objectively boring, franchise. They would not have been challenged to find 3,500-4,000 bandwagoners with a competitive team, in a good building.
MLB is far from broken, other than the fact they still employ Angel Hernandez for some unknown reason. He's worse at his job than anyone has ever been at anything, ever.

As one of the few Valley residents residing east of the 17 that didn't complain about the drive to Glendale, I went to nearly all of those games between 2012 and 2020. I know what the averages say and I know I spent $15 or less for 90% of those games. But other than against the usual suspects, if you believe there were really 13k on average every night, I'll just say 'Okay' and not argue with you. 9k is closer to accurate.

GhostofTommyBolin

Aug 18, 2016
Chandler, AZ
This is pretty good.
Screenshot_20240415_171823_Samsung Internet.jpg

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona

GhostofTommyBolin

Aug 18, 2016
Chandler, AZ
How could Meruelo provide a definitive timeline when the auction was still looming? Even with land in-hand and construction ongoing all that can be provided is a target.
Someone that's serious about accomplishing what was planned would have had people doing the work to prepare him for that meeting with answers to potential questions like that.

Honestly, even if the TED vote had gone Meruelo's way, I don't think he would've made it happen. People can keep saying "He's a billionaire" and "He knows how to develop land" all they want. But do we know that for certain? We haven't seen him do anything but operate with shady business practices.

Reactions: Nowotny and ck26

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad