Series Talk: All-purpose around the league playoff talk thread.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Meanwhile our young core are swimming in boatloads of money at home watching the playoffs on TV.

Teams like Carolina allow their players to build chemistry and find their game.

Teraveinen would be buried in the bottom 6 if he was here. Babcock would have never allowed him to blossom into a go-to player over the past three seasons. He had lots of highs and lows like our own Nylander before he started beasting this season. His coaches make him feel confident whereas our coach makes our young players excluding Marner feel useless.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto

Teraveinen would be buried in the bottom 6 if he was here. Babcock would have never allowed him to blossom into a go-to player over the past three seasons. He had lots of highs and lows like our own Nylander before he started beasting this season. His coaches make him feel confident whereas our coach makes our young players excluding Marner feel useless.

Funnily enough... He did demote Marner to give him the goodpro lessons. Thing is Marner is just a brilliant player, and it was shining through the Babcockian nepotism.

I personally feel like Players like Marner and Matthews eventually find their 2 way game regardless of coach.
A few years of making mistakes, and bloopers and then you figure out what it is making you a regular NHLer.

I think Nylander is just around the corner, and this seasons delay might have been to his detriment.

Babcock is Dwyane Casey... We need another voice IMO

In other news... Mcbackup stealing games for the Canes almost making it to the Conf. Finals. While we have SPARKS

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
And Bruins fans claim he's matured and wonder why people hate Marchand so much.

Don't forget that skate stomp to break Atkinson's stick and got away with it too.

I'd have bought the idea they the NHL doesn't have the guts to suspend one of it's marquee players but they suspended Kutcherov so that clearly isn't the reason. It's basically a sucker punch that the NHL says it okay. I hope CBJ does it after every whistle to him now.

Marchand is a star player on the Team LITERALLY owned by one of the NHL Board of Directors...

No NHL Official, Coach or Manager or DoPs grunt is going to purposely handout the possible losing catalyst to a Team OWNED by a guy that has a seat on the table that RUNS THE ENTIRE LEAGUE.
Career suicide.

You wonder why Kadri got 7 Games? not 3. not 4. not 5. not 6. BUT 7.
Chara is allowed to play roller derby on a nightly basis?
Marchand gets away with everything?

I'll just say these 3 words.

CONFLICT OF INTEREST.

Reactions: Stamkos4life

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Funnily enough... He did demote Marner to give him the goodpro lessons. Thing is Marner is just a brilliant player, and it was shining through the Babcockian nepotism.

I personally feel like Players like Marner and Matthews eventually find their 2 way game regardless of coach.
A few years of making mistakes, and bloopers and then you figure out what it is making you a regular NHLer.

I think Nylander is just around the corner, and this seasons delay might have been to his detriment.

In other news... Mcbackup stealing games for the Canes almost making it to the Conf. Finals. While we have SPARKS

When Marner was demoted he was still allowed to keep his no.1 powerplay spot though. It's the only reason he beat Nylander in points last season.

I don't feel like Babcock handled the lineup properly when Nylander finally found his legs 2 months ago and was noticeably one of our best offensive drivers game after game.

Literally nothing happened for a good month and a half unless Marner or Nylander was on the ice.

A team like Carolina would have had matthews-nylander clicking since March and turn a blind eye to some of their mistakes in order for them to shrug it off and progress. Over in Toronto one mistake causes Babcock to turn us into a one line team.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
I can't believe Carolina is 1 win away from the 3rd round, with a rookie coach

I like the Canes. Its a "feel good" story.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a Blue Jackets versus Sharks final. Man did Jarmo Kekäläinen roll the dice. I usually guess wrong though. LOL.

FraumBallard

Dec 9, 2018

Yeah.
Cause that's what an NHL coach does.
Make young Millionaires feel useless.
Please.

FraumBallard

Dec 9, 2018
Marchand is a star player on the Team LITERALLY owned by one of the NHL Board of Directors...

No NHL Official, Coach or Manager or DoPs grunt is going to purposely handout the possible losing catalyst to a Team OWNED by a guy that has a seat on the table that RUNS THE ENTIRE LEAGUE.
Career suicide.

You wonder why Kadri got 7 Games? not 3. not 4. not 5. not 6. BUT 7.
Chara is allowed to play roller derby on a nightly basis?
Marchand gets away with everything?

I'll just say these 3 words.

CONFLICT OF INTEREST.
3 words.
You're completely wrong.

FraumBallard

Dec 9, 2018
When Marner was demoted he was still allowed to keep his no.1 powerplay spot though. It's the only reason he beat Nylander in points last season.

I don't feel like Babcock handled the lineup properly when Nylander finally found his legs 2 months ago and was noticeably one of our best offensive drivers game after game.

Literally nothing happened for a good month and a half unless Marner or Nylander was on the ice.

A team like Carolina would have had matthews-nylander clicking since March and turn a blind eye to some of their mistakes in order for them to shrug it off and progress. Over in Toronto one mistake causes Babcock to turn us into a one line team.
You gotta be kidding.
Carolina barely made the playoffs and now you talk like they are the model franchise?
Nonsense.

Reactions: Brown Dog

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
More optimism that realism.

What exactly is he going to do different on what line ? with what players ?

Get carried by Matthews again ?

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix

He's played 1.5 playoff games against an offensively neutered team. Some of the comments on here are hilarious, its the Chicken Little forum.

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
The Nylander excuses will never end.
Dubas signing him to term was stupid.

Bridge or sit was the play after Team Nylander's antics.

And Sparks didnt work out well.

And McBackup did.

And midseason signing Matthews was a huge overpay.

THE ONLY justification of signing Nylander to that stupid money was to ship him out. The fact that Nylander underperformed to make it harder to ship him out is sad. I'm still parting ways.

Reactions: Stamkos4life

pylon17

Jan 19, 2017
Where was Dubas when CAR signed Maenalanen last May? Nice free wallet signing by Waddell.

I hope Korshkov becomes a good middle-sixer...

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Worst case with Nylander if he doesn't perform next year - trade him.
I bet he flourishes with a new coach
For me, the way I look at it now, (in one year) Nylander is the 6.25 Marleau (7 million JVR) replacement.

Matthews-Tavares-Marner is my forward core.

Nylander is here until his salary demands movement (like Saad/Panarin from Chicago) or his play doesn’t warrant 7 million. Either or.

I would trade him for the right package if that ever materialized.

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
upload_2019-5-3_20-34-14.png

Leafs limped into the playoffs.

CBJ finished with 99 points.

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
Islanders cant score goals like they did last year.
Hmmmmmm.........

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad