Series Talk: All-purpose around the league playoff talk thread.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
At least we’ll get one interesting game 7. Not sure that SJ will blow out VGK but I think they’ll win. OT would be phenomenal

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
SJ might have momentum and home ice advantage on their side. Significantly outshot tonight, but found a way to win.

The three teams I watch on the regular could all be out in round 1 after leading VGK is still my best chance but I really liked San Jose’s resiliency and I won’t be upset if they win.
I don’t like the Preds and Leafs chances and Dallas and Boston are clearly the better teams and deserve to go through.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stamkos4life

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
The three teams I watch on the regular could all be out in round 1 after leading VGK is still my best chance but I really liked San Jose’s resiliency and I won’t be upset if they win.
I don’t like the Preds and Leafs chances and Dallas and Boston are clearly the better teams and deserve to go through.

I had San Jose, Nashville and Toronto advancing before each series began. Dallas would've been the only one I'd have looked at as an upset, but it's obviously much tougher to say that now.

Reactions: Stamkos4life

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I had San Jose, Nashville and Toronto advancing before each series began. Dallas would've been the only one I'd have looked at as an upset, but it's obviously much tougher to say that now.

The Preds just can’t score and Dallas has been taking it to them.

killer1980

Sep 15, 2014
Kirkland Lake
This year's playoffs demonstrates, once again, that the playoffs are a different ballgame, completely, than the regular season. Since, in my mind, winning the Cup is the only thing, it seems strange to me that some teams stack themselves with players that may entertain over an 82 game season but compromise their chances in the playoffs. Look at all the teams that have been eliminated so far., fun, fast, freewheeling skaters and scorers but they may lack the desire or skill to get down and dirty in the playoffs. Just wonder what goes through the minds of the team execs when they are fielding their teams?

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Well, with this stupid playoff seeding, you get better teams matched up against one another in the 1st round.

There is very little point in teams killing themselves to finish high in the regular season standings just to be matched up against another team, from the same division, that also had an excellent regular season.

The old 1 vs. 8, 2 vs. 7, 3 vs. 6, 4 vs. 5 conference seeding was much fairer to the higher points earning teams in the regular season. Upsets were still happening, however, not as many elite teams were matched up against one another in the 1st round as seen now.

It's a real shame that top teams HAVE to be eliminated in the 1st round. Ridiculous really.

It's a total disgrace that one of Boston or Toronto will be out in the 1st round! A Boston vs. Toronto matchup, should be only occuring in the second round at the earliest!

JMHO
If it was the old 1-8, 2-7, 3-6, and 4-5, in the East it would have been Tampa-Columbus, Washington-Carolina, and Boston and the Isles each playing a team that had exactly 100 points. Based only or ROW, Boston would host Pittsburgh, and Isles would host Toronto. So a choice for Leafs between a team that was 7 points ahead, won the season series 3-1, and outscored them 16-10, or a team that was 3 points ahead, won the season series 2-1, and outscored them 11-3. The only team that probably would have benefited from the different seeding is Pittsburgh.

In the West, it still would have been Calgary against Colorado, so the top two teams would still have been eliminated by the same bottom two teams.

Last edited:

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Stars win in OT & advance. Thought they might be able to do something way back.

Good for the Stars. Preds are over-rated and over-hyped...still remember all that BS and atrocious refereeing in the games we played against the Preds...refs pretty much tried to hand the game to them every chance they got.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad