Speculation: All Picks After Patrischier

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
As expected, with the surprise last night, the main draft thread has gotten dominated by talk of the 2OA pick. Seems like it makes sense to dedicate a separate thread for all the scrubs that the Flyers draft after the Messiah. ;)

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Package picks to move up in late 1st.

If someone falls I would definitely give this a go. If you get to the 20-25 range and you still are seeing Names like Valimaki, Foote, Lilljegren, Vesalainen, or Tolvanen I'd do it in a heartbeat. Otherwise, I'm not sure I would. I've been looking a lot at Isaac Ratcliffe. If he is there in the mid-20s (which looks like he will be), he could be a good replacement for Simmer in that front of the net position. By the time he's ready to make that leap I imagine Simmer will be gone or on the downslope.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
Laughton and Cousins also are in play - maybe "a young, cheap potential middle 6 forward" and a #2 gets us back into the 20-25 range? Then another one and a 3rd gets us back into the 2nd.

I'd much prefer that the Flyers keep Laughton. He's a more versatile player in his ability to play C/W and move up and down the lines in a pinch. Plus, he's a RFA who isn't due much of a raise... Two or three or more of Read, Weise, Raffl, Cousins, Weal, Lyubimov, Bellemare, and VandeVelde are players that should be traded or passed on in some way.

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
Yes trading to get back to the 20s is something to consider, if someone hexy loves is around. But I also would not trade Laughton. And big red Allison, could be a simmer. I would not trade simmer, unless we get a slight overpayment. He stays in tip top shape and has several miles left.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Yes trading to get back to the 20s is something to consider, if someone hexy loves is around. But I also would not trade Laughton. And big red Allison, could be a simmer. I would not trade simmer, unless we get a slight overpayment. He stays in tip top shape and has several miles left.

Theres no room for Laughton anymore. Weal, Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds, Couturier, Schenn, Nico or Nolan, Konecny, Filpulla are in the top 9 this year, Lindblom, Aube Kubel, Rubstov all knocking on the door, with Laberge and Allison and some other guys that might be long shots looking to knock on the door soon. Laughton is not in the future anymore.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
I am fine with a move up as long as the Flyers still have a pick to take Lipanov.

hystyk1921

Jun 17, 2015
south jersey
Second round
Ivan lodnia
Morgan geekie
Lipanov.
Joni ikonen.
Morgan frost.
Morand
Norris
Barratt
chytil

third round
cockerill
chmelevski
entwistle
salo
texier
reedy
rubinchik
Chekhovich
gildon

Last edited:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
They don't pick again until 44 correct?

Yeah. #44, #75, #106, #107, #108, #137, #168, #199, #200.

The third rounder by Boston still isn't set yet. If Nashville advances to the WCF it's #81. If St. Louis does it's #82. The condition on the 7th rounder from NJ in the Straka trade is still unknown. There's never been any announcement that it conveyed or not. If it did then they would get the #191 pick as well.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
If we could trade up back into the late 1st, Yamamoto, Robertson, Mismash stand out to me as the best value picks, in that order. I don't think there's anyone I'd really trade up into the 1st for other than them, feasibility assumed and cost permitted. And I'm not even sold the latter two go in the 1st, which changes things. With only that #44 pick, I don't know what the add would be. 2nd+Laughton? With the way things are shaking out at center, I know some wouldn't, but I'd gauge his value if he still has that 1st round sheen. Might still be worth a 2nd. His future here looks like 4C at absolute best, and competition for that even. It's a way to get good value, give him a better chance elsewhere, and accept his future here is slim, even if he has one elsewhere.

I don't think Hextall does this, in which case I don't know what the cost is, and I don't think Hextall would even do a trade up. In a draft like this with a lot of parity in that 20-45 range, cost may actually be cheaper to get your guy. Just seems perfect in a draft where you were gifted the #2 pick at no cost to use a bit of capital if you have someone way higher up on your board with your next pick.

If the Flyers are set on drafting at #44, if we can snag one of Boqvist, JAD, Lipanov, Davidsson, Entwistle, Chytil that'd be a solid get at that pick. Some likely will not be there. Mattheos too has that Brandon connection, especially if we draft Patrick, but that may be a touch high for him. If the Flyers have a target in mind in the earlier 2nd, moving up 7-9 spots, I imagine the add is our own 3rd. Sounds more likely than the earlier scenario.

Last edited:

nvme90

Feb 16, 2017
Maryland
I had a draft crush on Abramov last year. Yamamoto is a similar type of player, absolutely electric. Would love to trade back into the 1st if he falls to the late 20s.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I had a draft crush on Abramov last year. Yamamoto is a similar type of player, absolutely electric. Would love to trade back into the 1st if he falls to the late 20s.

The poster just above you has brainwashed me into wanting Yamamoto, and now I can't imagine my life without him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad