OT: All Non-Hockey Sports Talk (2020-21 edition): MLB, NBA, NFL, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Why?
1) England made the final
2) The best teams met in QF and SF
3) Finland and England were the only teams to beat Denmark
4) France blew a 2-goal lead in last 10 min
5) I hate the video reviews and new rules

There’s more but I guess it’s overall a sense of disappointment. When I was a kid, my big dream was to be able to go to a WC final in person one day. I remember my first big stadium experience going to watch Tottenham, standing room only. I felt great. Now my football (soccer) interest has really waned largely because of the way the game has become and the incessant whining and acting that take away from real injuries, as well as the overall slow pace where absolutely nothing happens. So it’s a sadness that I just don’t love the game anymore.

The good news: more time for hockey!

1) England made the final -> very weird indeed
2) The best teams met in QF and SF -> well, Italy was in the final, so just partly true
3) Finland and England were the only teams to beat Denmark -> not true. The referee beat Denmark, not the English.
4) France blew a 2-goal lead in last 10 min -> not weird, just well deserved - the Swiss because they fought like lions, and the French being punished for being cocky as hell
5) I hate the video reviews and new rules -> feeling that is not weird, just normal
:sarcasm:

It is indeed a strange feeling. I am really happy that it is over now - I would not have been a few years ago. This year, I almost got to a point where I did not want to sacrifice my sleep for this anymore. I guess we just get older and wiser to spend our time on things that are actually meaningful - such as hockey! The only positive thing is that it shortened the NHL off-season.

Reactions: KW

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
My word the MLB trade deadline was busy this year. Possibly the most busiest trade deadline in all of sports ever I can think of!

Love what my Jays have done. They have gone all in this year and next (more so next year because of injuries already sustained to the 'pen this season.)
Tonight's the Night, Team returns home for the first time in more than 600 days!

Reactions: Chaos2k7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad