ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - New Adidas Jersey Unveiling 6/20 (Teaser Posted) - Part Eight

Status
Not open for further replies.

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
Still in awe of this one. I was lucky enough to be chosen as one of the Season Ticket Holders to win a "Shirt Off Our Backs" but the luck didn't stop there...Opening that sealed envelope and seeing "Claude Giroux" written on it was totally unbelievable. I fully expected VdV, Bellemare, McDonald, or one of the scratches.

Man, that is unbelievable! So jeoulous right now. Hahaha. Huge congrats!

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Probably my life rights, I didn't read it very much (yeah, sue me). But I imagine it had to do with photos and things like that.

We had to sign one for the holiday photo. The original plan was to go it in the ice. It probably had something to do with your likeness being used and incase you slipped on the ice.

HopsHunting

May 18, 2010
Dropped off my 50th jersey to get the 100 patch put on. I think it's going to look weird but I'm hoping it looks alright.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Just got this one back from being Patchified...

RZbPEGg.jpg

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
My goodness... They are beginning to look like a NASCAR vehicle. haha

Real nice... job... now I just need to see an Anniversary Replica with an NHL-100th Patch... before I decide to finish mine up with the NHL Patch.

Did you get it done at VSZ? Did they Press them on there or send it to PE?

I had it done by a local guy. Everytging sewn on as they are on the ice.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
FWIW: VSZ Charges $20.00 for the NHL-100th Patch heat pressed on... But they do not presently have any. This info was passed on to me from my son, so I don't know if or when they will have them... or even if they ever had them.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
FWIW: VSZ Charges $20.00 for the NHL-100th Patch heat pressed on... But they do not presently have any. This info was passed on to me from my son, so I don't know if or when they will have them... or even if they ever had them.

I wouldn't use them. The on-ice ones are sewn on and $20 is a lot of money.

HopsHunting

May 18, 2010
We have no idea of placement on the SS jersey though... we are all thinking the right arm, right?

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
I wouldn't use them. The on-ice ones are sewn on and $20 is a lot of money.

Found out tonight that it seems VSZ never got them in... to this point.

I agree that the On-Ice ones would be sewn... and if like the 25th Patch heat pressed one, it probably is not as rigid -- that one does not bend with the arm/fabric and sticks out at the points -- but I have no idea where to obtain a non-glue-backed one that the Players have... and where to have it sewn on properly... keeping in mind that the dimensions of the patch barely fits in between the sleeve numbers and top of the orange band on the 25th Anniversary jerseys... Any suggestions?

Since the 100th Patch was only used in the second half of the Season... I still have that option of not putting one on, and still having a properly setup 25th Jersey. ;)

BTW: Where it was oddly placed on Neuvy's jersey when he returned off of IR... was not overlapped in a subsequent Game where it was worn... So the initial placement must have been a hasty and misplaced job.

HopsHunting

May 18, 2010
Not a jersey, but a buddy in LA picked up a Simmonds shirt for me. I never saw them online so I was stoked when he sent me a pic of him in the fan store last night.

HopsHunting

May 18, 2010
Anyone know how to get a skills competition patch? Too bad Simmonds didn't wear the 50th, but I still might just put it on cause I love patches.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I wonder if the Flyers are wearing their 50th jerseys so much because they're going to be switching to that design next year with the new Adidas jerseys (minus the gold), kinda like how the Pens used their current ones with their old ones before switching over.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I wonder if the Flyers are wearing their 50th jerseys so much because they're going to be switching to that design next year with the new Adidas jerseys (minus the gold), kinda like how the Pens used their current ones with their old ones before switching over.

I hope not. Not a big fan tbh. I like the photoshopped version where gold was switched to orange, but even those are kinda meh and our current home/away set is better.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009

My thinking on the amount of use is that there are multiple reasons other than greasing the skids for next Season... One thing is that there were scheduled Games set going into the Season... another is that they seem to be wearing them on Weekends, and possibly in Day Games... another is that they wear them on National Televised Games, which has been pretty often this Season, it seems... and lastly is the fact that they are White and can be worn easily on the Road where there is no need to get approval of a Road Team; they have been wearing them a bit Away.

I suppose all those facts can be said to be merely a manner in which they can up usage before switching... and they certainly do not preclude them from doing so and also changing next Season with Adidas' emegeance... I'm just suggesting that using them so much does not necessarily mean a change is at hand.

The Flyers dating back to Season One have never been an Organization to change the main uniform... and when they do, it is always merely a tweaking of the base 'style'; Flying P Crest with a base color going from the color down the shoulder and arm to a wrist change to another base color... The Reebok changeover did cause the Style to be jammed into a demanded set 'pattern' (so to speak) but it was still an offshoot of the style... and at other times the width of the shoulder has changed to some extent... The Alternates have not had to adhere to the style.

I imagine with Mr. Snider no longer here and Adidas coming in, a change of the classic Original Jersey and from the basic style could be coming... and with any other non-Original Six Team, I would probably expect it... But with the Flyers' track record, my personal guess is that the Adidas Jersey will be basically the same old/same old... with future Alternates, when allowed, being where the Flyers stray off course a bit.

JMO... FWIW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad