OT: All Jersey Talk (Game Worn, Replica, Authentic, etc.) Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

hacksaw7

Dec 3, 2020
Its an Adidas requirement

There's no out clause if there is a terrible reaction? why would they put this out and lock themselves into the crap for 3 years?

or an opportunity for a redesign? Take another stab at a 3rd next year and maybe not listen to Brodeur this time.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
There's no out clause if there is a terrible reaction? why would they put this out and lock themselves into the crap for 3 years?

or an opportunity for a redesign? Take another stab at a 3rd next year and maybe not listen to Brodeur this time.
I mean sure, if you are a bunch of kids running a lemonade stand….

Cmon, you can’t be that naive to the nature of corporate businesses and how much money Adidas is putting into this league to make these decisions and gets clauses like these in contracts. You make it sound so easy when in reality that’s a fools dream.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
"What Exit?" would have been better.
What exit?

E59BEB5E-759C-4968-AD8C-6AA6EB0B2231.jpeg

From my 2012 STH jersey, where they let you “customize” it by putting cheap lettering over your ass.

(Just FYI, I haven’t been going to games since 1982. These are my Dad’s old two seats and I was a kid with an older brother when we got them so I didn’t go much at all back in the day.)
42CA9A54-A16F-4FD3-AF2D-9B543441D020.jpeg

DEVILS130

Aug 14, 2008
PA
Still don’t like them but I think they look ‘slightly’ better when you see the full uniform

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
What exit?

View attachment 483252

From my 2012 STH jersey, where they let you “customize” it by putting cheap lettering over your ass.

(Just FYI, I haven’t been going to games since 1982. These are my Dad’s old two seats and I was a kid with an older brother when we got them so I didn’t go much at all back in the day.)
View attachment 483253

Have you or will you inherit your fathers jerseys?

hacksaw7

Dec 3, 2020
I mean sure, if you are a bunch of kids running a lemonade stand….

Cmon, you can’t be that naive to the nature of corporate businesses and how much money Adidas is putting into this league to make these decisions and gets clauses like these in contracts. You make it sound so easy when in reality that’s a fools dream.

So what's so far fetched about shitcanning a terrible idea, coming up with a better 3rd jersey in 2022-23 and just rolling with that. Still Adidas. Fans will like it more. They just want to be locked into crap? both adidas and the Devils?

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
So what's so far fetched about shitcanning a terrible idea, coming up with a better 3rd jersey in 2022-23 and just rolling with that. Still Adidas. Fans will like it more. They just want to be locked into crap? both adidas and the Devils?
Because these things aren't thrown together in a couple weeks or months. Collaboration between the teams and ADIDAS can take years to design and bring a jersey to market. It's not as simple as you think it is. That's the reason a certain amount of years to wear it is required once the process is complete.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
It's a hockey uniform. It's what it is. I have just never heard of a uniform or jersey in any sport referred to as that. Not baseball, football, basketball...
Bro, we are talking about the whole kit….

The gloves

The socks

The pants

The helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad