OT: All Jersey Talk (Game Worn, Replica, Authentic, etc.) Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Ok. I get the hate for the jersey, but some people are going overboard on dumb reasons. Another is the complaint of the C and A being on the wrong side. This isn’t new, it depends on the crest layout.

3C567829-2D90-4B8B-A650-5D4E68AA8271.jpeg

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
no that’s even worse and looks like cheap 90s saga street hockey uniform

At least it's not the word jersey on a jersey. I would have thought Garden State or New Jersey or a new logo like a pitchfork or a stack of bodies burning in hell as blood soaked devils dance around them would have been better than just the word jersey, but that's just me. I realize this is all subjective.

Reactions: Guttersniped

NJDevils#4

Since 2002, bishes
Jul 11, 2002
New Jersey
Visit site
At least it's not the word jersey on a jersey. I would have thought Garden State or New Jersey or a new logo like a pitchfork or a stack of bodies burning in hell as blood soaked devils dance around them would have been better than just the word jersey, but that's just me. I realize this is all subjective.
They will never do images of the devil or anything like that. I believe there would be serious protests. They dealt with that enough when they named the team the Devils.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Oh joy they found some more teams nobody has ever given a f*** about to reference. I really can't express how much I hate all these pictures explaining what everything is referencing. If you have to explain every single thing it shows what a shit job you did. Absolute f***ing trash...

View attachment 483213
People have talked about the Newark Bulldogs before and I think that’s actually pretty cool that there was a pro team in Newark.

I get that hockey history and old timey photos aren’t everyone’s cup of team but it’s some people’s cups of tea.

When teams try to make “cool” jerseys without a historical base we often end up with dated crap like… most jerseys from 90s.

I also think people are weird about stripes and complaining about every random detail, some Project Runway wannabe judges in here.

I can’t defend the logo though and I get why people are bummed about it. (And yes it’s your money, eyes, aesthetic, opinion etc)

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
They will never do images of the devil or anything like that. I believe there would be serious protests. They dealt with that enough when they named the team the Devils.

I was being absurd to make a silly point. I know it's the Jersey Devil and not any sort of demonic imagery the team is based on. Dr. McMullen made that clear when he brought the team to NJ.

Reactions: NJDevils#4

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Looks like they're going to work at Foot Locker lmao. Holy shit the script is soooooo f***ing bad, so much cringe, might as well put Joe Piscapo's head on there and have Parkway exit signs for the numbers.

It would have been so much better with an old style circular logo or just block type with D E V I L S diagonally.

Hopefully we'll see some customized ones with additional script like Jersey Tomatoes, Jersey Girl, Central Jersey, Jersey Shore and Jersey Whistle.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
People have talked about the Newark Bulldogs before and I think that’s actually pretty cool that there was a pro team in Newark.

I get that hockey history and old timey photos aren’t everyone’s cup of team but it’s some people’s cups of tea.

When teams try to make “cool” jerseys without a historical base we often end up with dated crap like… most jerseys from 90s.

I also think people are weird about stripes and complaining about every random detail, some Project Runway wannabe judges in here.

I can’t defend the logo though and I get why people are bummed about it. (And yes it’s your money, eyes, aesthetic, opinion etc)

I don't remember anyone talking about the Newark Bulldogs besides seeing a jersey hanging up in the arena until they put that black line on the current jersey.

Reactions: hacksaw7

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
"What Exit?" would have been better.

Reactions: My3Sons

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I don't remember anyone talking about the Newark Bulldogs besides seeing a jersey hanging up in the arena until they put that black line on the current jersey.
On threads discussing the jersey recently, not in life generally. Though you can buy a various versions of the Bulldog jersey online and a poster mentioned someone (a relative? I don’t remember the details or poster, it wasn’t that thrilling) owning one.

hacksaw7

Dec 3, 2020
We have 32 home games remaining this season and they're wearing it TWELVE times. Too much. I thought 6...maybe 8. But come on now scale it back once you've seen the backlash. And scrap it in 2022.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
We have 32 home games remaining this season and they're wearing it TWELVE times. Too much. I thought 6...maybe 8. But come on now scale it back once you've seen the backlash. And scrap it in 2022.
Its an Adidas requirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad