Rumor: All Encompassing Jimmy Vesey Thread. All Rumors/News goes here. Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
So by Mackeys conversation with Veseys agent, Penguins are still in the running.

Yea. Seems like everyones still in and one more team may get to speak with Jimmy today, Fish said.

He said no team is in the lead or behind atm and he'll meet with Jimmy tonight with a possible deceision tomorrow morning

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I am guessing that Vesey skipped his Harvard geography classes.

How is Detroit too far from his Boston home, but he has met with Chicago?

Harvard grads aren't known for their geography prowess.

Source: My girlfriend is a Harvard grad and terrible at geography.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Part 6?!? Holy moly, was the Hayes and Shultz sweepstakes this crazy?

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
There are ways to be nice without giving reasons that could easily be contradicted by your subsequent actions.

Can Detroit fans not comprehend that one might easily break a general rule of thumb to join an instant Cup contender?

He could easily say "yeah, Chicago is too far away but there is also a chance I'm playing for a Cup next year."

If you were looking for a job and your family told you that you must stay within 20 miles of home, but a company 50 miles away offered you 10 times salary and a company helicopter (edited to make a point, the relative value is subjective)... Would you still say "nope, too far". Of course you wouldn't.

Last edited:

Roomtemperature

Apr 8, 2008
New Jersey
Can Detroit fans not comprehend that one might easily break a general rule of thumb to join an instant Cup contender?

He could easily say "yeah, Chicago is too far away but there is also a chance I'm playing for a Cup next year."

If you were looking for a job and your family told you that you must stay within 20 miles of home, but a company 50 miles away offered you double salary and a company car... Would you still say "nope, too far". Of course you wouldn't.

I would because I hate commuting.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA

If you were looking for a job and your family told you that you must stay within 20 miles of home, but a company 50 miles away offered you double salary and a company car... Would you still say "nope, too far". Of course you wouldn't.

Not a Wings fan in the least. Just looks dumb for their impression to be that proximity to home was the main sticking point when he's possibly going to Chicago. There are canned responses and excuses that give better optics.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Part 6?!? Holy moly, was the Hayes and Shultz sweepstakes this crazy?

I think Schultz and Gilroy were something like this, but maybe not as extreme. Mike Reilly was definitely less than this too

I don't remember Panarin being anywhere close to this, maybe because it didn't happen in North America. Same with Gustavsson for the leafs who was pretty sought after, and Bozak I only remember hearing about a sweepstakes a few days before

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
JustABlackhawksFan said:
This whole proximity to Boston thing is a bit strange to me. If that's really what he wants, then he might as well play in Boston and Boston only.

Many players want to play near the home, but not at home. Don't want all the friends and family at every game, hitting them up for money, suddenly wanting to be friends out of nowhere because you're famous, etc.

If you play in NYC and live in Connecticut or Westchester, it's a 2 to 2.5 hour ride home when you want to come for the weekend or Thanksgiving, but you don't need to deal with all the hassle of actually living at home. It's the reason a lot of New Yorkers will go to college on Long Island, in Upstate New York or in New Jersey: close enough to home, but far enough that the parents aren't on your @$$ 24/7.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014

I still think that the Pens are a long shot in this race. Nice to add the poor man's Vesey though.

Thats the kinda guy Benning should of been going after but of course no action on this :shakehead

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
It's not for him, it's for us. I don't want to see 10000 Vesey bash threads if he doesn't live up to HF's lofty expectations.

Just ignore them as I have been doing here at HF for 20 years.
Or even better get a few chuckles out of it.

Its always the same the ones that bash the most probably cant even tie skates let alone skate.

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
I am guessing that Vesey skipped his Harvard geography classes.

How is Detroit too far from his Boston home, but he has met with Chicago?

Chicago is worth it. Detroit is not? Was probably his way of putting it nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad