Recalled/Assigned: All-Encompassing Call-ups Thread (4/29: Thomas, 9 others recalled to NYR)

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Good. It's not good for him or the team to have him rotting on the bench.
And that's when he's in the lineup... :laugh:

Is there a limit to the amount of conditioning stints a player can do in a season? If everyone is healthy I could see it being a semi-regular thing for Eminger and Bickel.

16 To Stanley*

Must mean they are really happy with Gilroy.

Good to see and great to see Gilroy finally getting it together. HOpe it lasts

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
well I think we all saw Eminger as the odd man out at some point this yr, he's likely going on waivers late in the yr or thrown into a deal.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
well I think we all saw Eminger as the odd man out at some point this yr, he's likely going on waivers late in the yr or thrown into a deal.

i never understood why eminger gets so little ice time. you have to wonder if torts personally doesnt like this guy. torts has taken stu bickel (who spends at least 95% of the game benched) and played with 5 dmen instead of letting emi (who is immensely better than stu bickel) play his 10 minutes a game. seems to me like he is not an eminger fan or just has a thing for players with no real talent (mitchell, stu, boyle) although i am glad to see gilroy playing and bickel not i dont really think its fair the stu, who literally brings nothing to this team, got a ton more games than emi, who can hold his own defensively

*Bob Richards*

i never understood why eminger gets so little ice time. you have to wonder if torts personally doesnt like this guy. torts has taken stu bickel (who spends at least 95% of the game benched) and played with 5 dmen instead of letting emi (who is immensely better than stu bickel) play his 10 minutes a game. seems to me like he is not an eminger fan or just has a thing for players with no real talent (mitchell, stu, boyle) although i am glad to see gilroy playing and bickel not i dont really think its fair the stu, who literally brings nothing to this team, got a ton more games than emi, who can hold his own defensively

Grouping in Boyle and Johnny Malkin as players with no real talent along with Stu is a tad ridiculous.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Grouping in Boyle and Johnny Malkin as players with no real talent along with Stu is a tad ridiculous.

im not saying he is as bad as they are but his skill compared to the amount of time he plays (before his benching obviously) just irked me a little, im also not the biggest boyle fan in the world but you probably know that by now

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I hate Gilroy and I am shocked at how happy I am with his play. He is having a Stralman level of a career change. We will see how far he goes and if he can pull a full Stralman. As of now, he is a very solid #6.

Captain Monglobster

Nov 9, 2005
I hate Gilroy and I am shocked at how happy I am with his play. He is having a Stralman level of a career change. We will see how far he goes and if he can pull a full Stralman. As of now, he is a very solid #6.

He jumps into the play at the right times and has upgraded to being as soft as low grade sandpaper. The argument for me is Eminger over Bickel, as Gilroy has proved more valuable than both at this point.

Vickers8

Must mean they are really happy with Gilroy.

Good to see and great to see Gilroy finally getting it together. HOpe it lasts

Jumping into the play, playing smart, using his biggest asset his speed, can carry the puck out of our zone, still hasn't been on for a goal against...much improved...

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia

nah Torts likes Eminger or he wouldnt of been brought back. I remember seeing on 24x7 Torts saying Eminger plays his arse off even though its ugly as hell somethimes:laugh: and that's why he's on the team

Reality is they had Bickel start the yr, he stunk, Eminger then got the 2nd crack and didnt take the job.........now Gilroy had the 3rd crack and well he is doing well.......I am freaking shocked but hey good for him, maybe Gilroy is learning as he gets more NHL games in.

In regards to Eminger he's a good depth Dman but replaceable obviously...........CT needs him right now more than the Rangers do

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Gilroy has played well and deserves to keep playing. When I take their respective careers into account, I'm more comfortable with Eminger. I understand playing Gilroy though. He's working out, so no need to sit him.

Bickel on the other hand is a bit mind-boggling to me. He has been bad this year. I can't imagine any scenario where I'd play Bickel over Eminger. What does he do that Eminger can't? He fights? I'd rather have Eminger playing ten or twelve minutes of competent defense than Bickel playing four minutes and sitting in the box for five.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Gilroy has played well and deserves to keep playing. When I take their respective careers into account, I'm more comfortable with Eminger. I understand playing Gilroy though. He's working out, so no need to sit him.

Bickel on the other hand is a bit mind-boggling to me. He has been bad this year. I can't imagine any scenario where I'd play Bickel over Eminger. What does he do that Eminger can't? He fights? I'd rather have Eminger playing ten or twelve minutes of competent defense than Bickel playing four minutes and sitting in the box for five.

I think Torts and Sullivan want to keep Bickel around to work with him. I think the organization may see him as a future Strudwick and don't want to lose him for nothing.

Vickers8

I think Torts and Sullivan want to keep Bickel around to work with him. I think the organization may see him as a future Strudwick and don't want to lose him for nothing.

Bickel may play when we need a fighter in lineup, but thats about it...

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Bickel may play when we need a fighter in lineup, but thats about it...

they may also have Eminger on a two week to show case him then when he's due back do the same thing with Bickel and send him down for 'conditioning'

Bickel does serve more of a purpose as a spare even though he stinks, he will fight and can play some 4th line wing to go with D......he also has another yr on his deal so get used to him as a spare atleast

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Will be great for the Whale. He's the star defenseman they need.

Punxrocknyc19*

The CT Whale will gladly take any and all defensemen that are better than Sean Collins. So that's everyone.

why do teams sign players like this to NHL contracts especially if they dont have any NHL skill or a chance of being an NHL player even as a spare?? wouldnt it be better if teams signed players like this to an AHL contract so it saves an NHL contract. i doubt teams would be lining up for players like these... :help:

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
why do teams sign players like this to NHL contracts especially if they dont have any NHL skill or a chance of being an NHL player even as a spare?? wouldnt it be better if teams signed players like this to an AHL contract so it saves an NHL contract. i doubt teams would be lining up for players like these... :help:

Sure, but those players want to be paid and there are multiple teams who bid for their services.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad