Speculation: All Coaching Talk (Trots?!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Ok so one of those coaches gets fired, guess what then, our next target. Would not mind Boudreau, Q, or McLellan et al as our possible next coach.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
That is just a dirty move to go can a coach now just because a guy who won the cup is on the market. If I'm Boudreau or any other guy who made the postseason I'm furious over this if I'm fired.

Reactions: SI90

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
I hope Staple is right but just throwing this out there. I don’t know how legit it is because the isles are the only team with a coaching vacancy. Some people think Minnesota would fire Boudreau for Trotz.

I can think of several teams who could do this.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Minnesota and Edmonton are supposedly the two teams. FWIW I was told that on one of the Toronto sports shows this morning they claimed management informed McClellan back in April that his job was not necessarily safe for the 18-19 season.

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
Minnesota and Edmonton are supposedly the two teams. FWIW I was told that on one of the Toronto sports shows this morning they claimed management informed McClellan back in April that his job was not necessarily safe for the 18-19 season.

McLellan? Well, I have to say I don't know what was going on in Edmonton this season, but it was a bit disappointing season for them. I wouldn't be surprised.

Yep. I know. Just pointing it out. There is a lot that has to happen in that week.

Eh, it doesn't necessarily "have to happen". There's still Gomez, the team is still paying Weight, it's all going to be just fine. Someone will be there :laugh:

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Staple and his sources seem pretty sure Trotz will be our next HC. If it's Trotz or someone else, today would be a good day to announce something. I don't think there is anything else happening today in the NHL.
Yeah I hear the league allows news on days like today.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Eh, it doesn't necessarily "have to happen". There's still Gomez, the team is still paying Weight, it's all going to be just fine. Someone will be there :laugh:

Hell, Lou will run it himself if there's no coaching staff in place. I can't see Weight being anywhere near the prospect camp if he's been relieved of his duties as head coach.

Reactions: 12Dog

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
Hell, Lou will run it himself if there's no coaching staff in place. I can't see Weight being anywhere near the prospect camp if he's been relieved of his duties as head coach.

Oh, I think Lou will be running this show even if the head coach will be there, it's Lou after all :laugh:

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
McLellan? Well, I have to say I don't know what was going on in Edmonton this season, but it was a bit disappointing season for them. I wouldn't be surprised.

You would think they give him another shot after how well they did the previous year. Then again, Tampa was supposedly close to firing Cooper last summer after they had that one bad season so you never know.

NineHoleGoal

Jul 7, 2011
After this whole Trotz thing is over, and I hope it ends with him signing to be our new coach, I want a major purge. A purge that includes the trade of Josh Bailey, Andrew Ladd, and Cal Clutterbuck.

Call me crazy, but if you want to get the most out of Cal bring back Matty Marts and reunite the best 4th line in hockey. He's not fitting in with Toronto so bring him back on the cheap. Move Kulemin to 3rd line with Nelson and Ladd. Just a thought...

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Call me crazy, but if you want to get the most out of Cal bring back Matty Marts and reunite the best 4th line in hockey. He's not fitting in with Toronto so bring him back on the cheap. Move Kulemin to 3rd line with Nelson and Ladd. Just a thought...

Kulemin is gone. And even when Clutterbuck is at his best, he's still not worth the contract he was given. So no, Martin can stay in TO and Lou can look to shed cap space by finding a taker for Cal.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Forget prospect camp.

It would be in NYI’s best interests to have a coach in place by the FA listening period. More enticing to JT and others. Of course Trotz holds the most clout, but Beaudreau and McLellan are fine substitutes. I liked McLellan’s work in SJ and obviously first year w the Oil.

Reactions: Instant

Bill Herlyn

Oct 18, 2017

Kulemin has signed in Russia and Matty Marts is not the answer to the 4th line IMO!

Reactions: CREW99AW

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
You would think they give him another shot after how well they did the previous year. Then again, Tampa was supposedly close to firing Cooper last summer after they had that one bad season so you never know.

It was rumored that Trotz himself was close to being fired this season and we all know how that ended, so yeah, you never know.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006

Ross Johnston is a much better compliment to the CC's.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Kuli is playing in the KHL and in a recent sportsnet interview,
Lou stressed how the league is trending toward skill and speed. I would be very surprised if the isles had any interest in the slow skating Martin.

nyisleslover

Jun 20, 2018
Albany, NY
Obviously Trotz has earned the right to take some time to make a decision if he has in fact been offered the job by the Islanders. So how long is a fair amount of time to give for him to make that decision? The fact that no other team presently has a coaching vacancy would seem to allow for a bit more of a grace period than if Lou had to worry about other organizations competing for the services of the other potential candidates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad