Speculation: All Coaching Talk (Trots?!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
OMG.......Dipping Dots is.....GARTH!!!!!

giphy.gif

Reactions: SI90

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
I don’t get it? He’s an excellent player. Not an elite player but the guy knows how to play the game and is a 200ft player. His contract is pretty good too.

(Assuming Tavares re-signs with the Isles) We finally have a first line that works well together and we will possibly lose Lee, so let's also trade Bailey, who just signed a quite team-friendly contract while coming off of a career year. Yeah, sounds... logical. Or not really?

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
Gotcha. I think if Trotz doesn’t end up here, it’s because he didn’t want to come here, not because Lou didn’t pursue him or offer him enough money.

I completely agree with you on that. And as for money, it's quite interesting how much more money Malkin is ready to throw on the table for this team. I can't imagine Lou is cheap and they'll still be paying Snow (we can assume here it will actually cost less to keep him as a paper pusher rather than buy out his contract, but that's still money... do we know how much Snow was making as a GM?), so another $5M is not pocket change.

We are due for some major awards, trades, coaches and free agent signings. ;)

I like the way you're thinking :laugh: But I really need the Tavares drama to finally end, damn it all.

Reactions: BelovedIsles

Instant

Feb 20, 2018

As far as Trotz getting a job, I'm not arguing that he won't...I'm arguing the time frame and how much earning power he's willing to give up waiting. Also doesn't seem you read my initial post and my contrarian's response. I was not making guesses about the future, only saying that he has two teams to choose from right now and the other won't be paying him for another two years. He's the one who deformed it into me saying Trotz' options are limited for the future.

So, about those two teams to choose from right now? :laugh:

Reactions: IslandersFan17

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
After this whole Trotz thing is over, and I hope it ends with him signing to be our new coach, I want a major purge. A purge that includes the trade of Josh Bailey, Andrew Ladd, and Cal Clutterbuck.

With a new GM and a new coach, and new found accountability, I genuinely believe that fans will stop insulating players who just aren't that good, including former first round draft picks.
I do not have s problem with Bailey staying. He has a team friendly deal.

I would love to see a cap fl team take Ladd and his remaining 5 yrs/$18m (after the isles pay his July 1st bonus).
Arizona fans say they expect to be between $60m- $65m.
Think they would take a 2019 2nd to take Ladd after July 1st? Anything higher and I would rather wait and see if the new cba has amnesty buyouts.

And Clutterbuck is another one who

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Staple and his sources seem pretty sure Trotz will be our next HC. If it's Trotz or someone else, today would be a good day to announce something. I don't think there is anything else happening today in the NHL.

Imagine what it's like to be Trotz these last few days. Talk about emotionally draining. I can see how someone in that position would want to make sure he is in the right frame of mind before making a long-term decision.

To be clear - I don't feel bad for Trotz by any means. I don't want anyone to think I'm providing Instant drama (pun intended).

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I hope Staple is right but just throwing this out there. I don’t know how legit it is because the isles are the only team with a coaching vacancy. Some people think Minnesota would fire Boudreau for Trotz.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
Except I wasn't adamant......no need to inject tone where there was none.
You absolutely were adamant, that he would be blackballing him self if he passed on the islanders. Even mocked the fact that I said coaching vacancies open up all the time. So much so that teams would be willing to potentially replace their current coach with Trotz. Hence why I have also stated that his earnings wont deteriorate if he does in fact take a year off.

Yet, here we find our selves

Last edited:
Reactions: Instant

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
After this whole Trotz thing is over, and I hope it ends with him signing to be our new coach, I want a major purge. A purge that includes the trade of Josh Bailey, Andrew Ladd, and Cal Clutterbuck.

With a new GM and a new coach, and new found accountability, I genuinely believe that fans will stop insulating players who just aren't that good, including former first round draft picks.

One of these things is not like the others...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad