Speculation: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors XXI: Fifty Shades of Chia

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Ummmmm......wouldn't trying to add another 1st round pick actually signify a " rebuilding phase " ???? :dunno:

I bet if we trade lets say soda for 1st + and in the offseason get rid of
dead weight we can still be a playoff team, so we can avoid the leafs situation. And at the same time we are getting younger and we have a chance to find 1st pairing D partner for hamilton and he's almost ready when chara retires.

I'm saying this again but we are at the point where we need to get younger, like 4th line today, totally different energy.
This lineup isn't good enough anymore, too much dead weight and I feel like it will hurt us more if we keep them 2 years and then make the change.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
What's Alex Tanguay's contract look like? He's at 15 goals 38 points this season for the lowly Avs. Left shooting LW, 35yrs old.

Tanguay-Söderberg-Eriksson

Bumps Kelly to 4C

I'd consider Spooner for our 3rd line LW. Promote within. I think the kid belongs and it allows us to bump Kels down to the 4th line.

It should be a very interesting deadline for the B's. I honestly have no clue what they'll do.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I'd consider Spooner for our 3rd line LW. Promote within. I think the kid belongs and it allows us to bump Kels down to the 4th line.

It should be a very interesting deadline for the B's. I honestly have no clue what they'll do.

I thought I read somewhere here that the Spooner at LW experiment failed miserably in Providence?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
What's Alex Tanguay's contract look like? He's at 15 goals 38 points this season for the lowly Avs. Left shooting LW, 35yrs old.

Tanguay-Söderberg-Eriksson

Bumps Kelly to 4C

3.5M+ 1 year left.

It's a no from me.

BrianBruin

Feb 6, 2015
whats the grouos thoughts on the bruins acquiring eric cole?
veteran..with a chance to resign next year for reasonable rate...

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

I think its pretty clear that Spooner can't play wing. Its either Soda moving to the left wing, they make an offensive minded 4th line, or one of those two guys gets moved.

Lets say they make the Stewart deal when prices come down closer to the deadline.

Lucic Krejci Stewart
Marchand Bergeron Smith
Kelly Soda Eriksson
Caron Spooner Pastrnak

That at least interesting, right? More size and more speed in the lineup.

The model we are hoping to model this year is the LA model. They got in by buying low on Gaborik and having him revert to form, and giving their young guys an opportunity to succeed.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'd consider it, he puts up solid numbers consistently. Moving Kelly in the offseason & that frees up the cap space for Tanguay. A lil under the radar acquisition

I want to add youth/speed,
rather give rookie a shot on the 3rd next year and save that cap so we can sign #4D and rw.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I think its pretty clear that Spooner can't play wing. Its either Soda moving to the left wing, they make an offensive minded 4th line, or one of those two guys gets moved.

Lets say they make the Stewart deal when prices come down closer to the deadline.

Lucic Krejci Stewart
Marchand Bergeron Smith
Kelly Soda Eriksson
Caron Spooner Pastrnak

That at least interesting, right? Move size and more speed in the lineup.

The model we are hoping to model this year is the LA model. They got in by buying low on Gaborik and having him revert to form, and giving their young guys an opportunity to succeed.

I wouldn't put pasta on the 4th and limit his minutes, he's the only one with marchand who can create offensively and he does everything for us.

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
I wouldn't put pasta on the 4th and limit his minutes, he's the only one with marchand who can create offensively and he does everything for us.

I'd consider something like that if Pasta also takes every third shift or something with the Krejci line as we ease Stewart in until we establish who fits where, but I would probably prefer Pasta to stay in the top 9.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Their isn't a rookie wing in the system ready to play in top-9. Spooner & Koko both centers & neither can play wing.

I have faith in our drafting this year,
this is 1 one the reasons I've been saying maybe we could trade soda/eriksson for 1st+ and use that to get elite D prospect with our own pick and then on that 2nd add a high potential winger.

I don't want us to trade eriksson but if that rumor is true and it happens I hope it's for 1st+ and without cap dumps, 1st+dsp for eriksson is one I can see working for both teams.

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
lucic-krejci-pasta
marchand-bergy-smith
eriksson-soderberg-kelly
caron-spooner-atkinson

4th line is pure fantasy...not sure how much defense that line would bring but..the idea of that quick/skill going against teams slow 4th lines, would be an interesting match up.

If Caron ever got it together it would be awesome. He is giving the effort, he just isn't very good. Needs to net a couple of goals, get his confidence going.

Caron-Spooner-Atkinson (who can learn and develop finer points from Marchand)

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

I don't think you need to limit the minutes of that 4th line like you do now. Remember when this team used to dominate the 3rd period every game and lead the NHL in 3rd period goal differential year after year? Back when the 4th line could play 12-13 mins or more a game? You could have that back.

Look, I love love love love Pasta, but the playoffs are going to be a different animal, and having him play on a high usage offensive minded 4th line and the PP isn't the worst thing that can happen.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
lucic-krejci-pasta
marchand-bergy-smith
eriksson-soderberg-kelly
caron-spooner-atkinson

4th line is pure fantasy...not sure how much defense that line would bring but..the idea of that quick/skill going against teams slow 4th lines, would be an interesting match up.

If Caron ever got it together it would be awesome. He is giving the effort, he just isn't very good. Needs to net a couple of goals, get his confidence going.

Caron-Spooner-Atkinson (who can learn and develop finer points from Marchand)

I'd like us to use now caron-spooner-ferlin 4th line.
If we can't upgrade our current roster.

I don't think you need to limit the minutes of that 4th line like you do now. Remember when this team used to dominate the 3rd period every game and lead the NHL in 3rd period goal differential year after year? Back when the 4th line could play 12-13 mins or more a game? You could have that back.

Look, I love love love love Pasta, but the playoffs are going to be a different animal, and having him play on a high usage offensive minded 4th line and the PP isn't the worst thing that can happen.

I'd put pasta on 2nd, he's defensive play is better than smith's and he's willing to play behind his own net and backcheck, that's something you need while playing with bergeron-marchand duo.
And I'd like to see what pasta-marchand can create together. He has still 20 games before playoffs and he's getting better all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad