Speculation: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors XXI: Fifty Shades of Chia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Oh is that all they need? Well then let's get Chiarelli on the horn I'm sure young skilled speedy top line scorers are available by the boatload

Right, because my post suggested it would be easy.

I'm stating what they need the most. They need other things too.

Who said it would be easy? You don't make tough hockey trades based on the list of available rentals. You call GMs, and try to work something out.

Eberle. Yak. Hall. Boedker. Foligno. There are others that could be available with the right deal.

When we traded Seguin, I don't recall him being shopped for weeks by the Bruins.

Evander Kane wasn't explicitly shopped-- the way Stewart, Vermette, and other rentals have been-- and got recently dealt.

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
I like Curtis Glencross as a player but please NO..maybe if this team showed a little more life as of late but with the way we are playing I'd rather just do nothing.

Call up some kids from Providence and see if they can spark the team like pasta did...and see if we can squeeze into the playoffs, once there who knows what will happen. If not, call it a year and try to fix stuff in offseason and at the draft. No band-aid fixes.

A declining 32 year old Curtis Glencross does not make us a contender...please Chia stay away! pleaseeeeee.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Right, because my post suggested it would be easy.

I'm stating what they need the most. They need other things too.

Who said it would be easy? You don't make tough hockey trades based on the list of available rentals. You call GMs, and try to work something out.

Eberle. Yak. Hall. Boedker. Foligno. There are others that could be available with the right deal.

When we traded Seguin, I don't recall him being shopped for weeks by the Bruins.

Evander Kane wasn't explicitly shopped-- the way Stewart, Vermette, and other rentals have been-- and got recently dealt.

boedker would be the easiest, smith+

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Glencross would be our Kelly of 2011. I am fully on board with it, definitely a work horse, prototypical Bruin. At the cost of Eriksson? Calgary would have to add.

This is what I see Chiarelli adding: Stewart, Glencross, Zidlicky.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I like Curtis Glencross as a player but please NO..maybe if this team showed a little more life as of late but with the way we are playing I'd rather just do nothing.

Call up some kids from Providence and see if they can spark the team like pasta did...and see if we can squeeze into the playoffs, once there who knows what will happen. If not, call it a year and try to fix stuff in offseason and at the draft. No band-aid fixes.

A declining 32 year old Curtis Glencross does not make us a contender...please Chia stay away! pleaseeeeee.

It's a big no from me too.

I just realised that ryder has a 3.5M cap hit and still it was rumoured that chia was intrested,
Someone mentioned also elias and his cap hit is 5.5M

These boys can't save us.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
It's not time for a rebuild, but it IS time to identify the core, and to do a fairly significant renovation.

Core for me, excluding prospects:

Bergeron/Lucic/Krejci/Hamilton/Rask/Marchand/Pastrnak/Soderberg/Krug/McQuaid

Deal the rest.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
They need a true 'hockey trade ' where big names (core players) move both ways not short term bandaid patches. Unfortunately I don't think PC is willing to shake things up that much.

corpfan1

May 9, 2009
Etobicoke
Like I said before:

Jagr in.
Ryder in.
Iginla in.
Ference in.

Campbell out.
Caron out.
Bartkowski out.
Cunningham out.
Pastrnak in and out for resting players down the stretch.

Lucic - Krejci - Iginla
Marchand - Bergeron - Jagr
Erikson - Soderberg - Ryder
Smith - Kelly - Paille
Pastrnak

Chara - Hamilton
Seidenberg - Krug
McQuaid - Ference
Miller

GAME SET MATCH!

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
@TSNBobMcKenzie: In addition to MTL, @Real_ESPNLeBrun also reports WPG and VAN also with Bergenheim interest. Price thought to be a third-round pick.

That's not a bad asking price
(And I apologize mods, I'm posting from my phone, so it's difficult for me to do the fancy tweet thing)

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
Glencross would be our Kelly of 2011. I am fully on board with it, definitely a work horse, prototypical Bruin. At the cost of Eriksson? Calgary would have to add.

Glencross IS a great player, workhorse...but we really don't need another kelly at this point. His offensive numbers have been on the decline, 32, really just a bad time to buy on him.

Unless he could be had for next to nothing (which I highly doubt..probably lots of contenders who would love him), I would not give up lots of assets for Glencross this season.

I don't get why everyone wants to give up Eriksson for nothing..I don't think he has been all that bad this year considering the rest of the team.

How much would we need to move to acquire Stewart, Glencross, and Zidlicky? and at the end of the day..do these guys really make us all that better once we subtract the assets we give up to get them?

I don't know..I'm just not feelin it this trade deadline...none of these guys look worth it now.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
It's not time for a rebuild, but it IS time to identify the core, and to do a fairly significant renovation.

Core for me, excluding prospects:

Bergeron/Lucic/Krejci/Hamilton/Rask/Marchand/Pastrnak/Soderberg/Krug/McQuaid

Deal the rest.

I'd remove Marchand, McQuaid, and Lucic from that list imho.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I really like Glencross. Him on the 3rd line would be huuuuge.

But he should not be the main target. If we could get him, it would be a secondary deal. We need more than what he can provide, although he could provide a lot. Very good role player.

A Glencross-Soderberg-Eriksson/Smith 3rd line would be unreal. But we need our 1st line to be good.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Like I said before:

Jagr in.
Ryder in.
Iginla in.
Ference in.

Campbell out.
Caron out.
Bartkowski out.
Cunningham out.

Lucic - Krejci - Iginla
Smith - Kelly - Paille
Pastrnak

Chara - Hamilton
Seidenberg - Krug
McQuaid - Ference
Miller

GAME SET MATCH!

you were serious...

The offense is better but that defense is just as atrocious as it is now. We do not need a bottom pairing dman right now, as much as I love Ference. We need a #3-4 (Petry, Sekera etc).

Wait...who are you trading to get Iginla, Jagr, Ryder and Ference? Cause those scraps you took out aren't going to cut it. And there's no way that works cap-wise. Ference and Iginla both have fairly significant cap hits for long terms.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Like I said before:

Jagr in.
Ryder in.
Iginla in.
Ference in.

Campbell out.
Caron out.
Bartkowski out.
Cunningham out.

Lucic - Krejci - Iginla
Smith - Kelly - Paille
Pastrnak

Chara - Hamilton
Seidenberg - Krug
McQuaid - Ference
Miller

GAME SET MATCH!

I can't tell if you're serious or not.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Marchand is speed with good hands and has a bit of snarl - he's an ideal 2nd liner for me.

Looch and Quaider are just plain elements that I want to see on my team.

I understand opinions will vary a great deal on this.

Arthur*

Question -

When a team retains a cap hit in a trade, are they still on the hook for the real money owed, or is it just in terms of cap money?

Like, if Detroit trades Joe Smith and his $1m contract to Buffalo at 40% retained, do the Red Wings pay $400,000 real money to Joe Smith out of their payroll(prorated daily), or does Buffalo's payroll pay the whole contract and the $400k just stays on Detroit's cap and not the Sabres'?

Because if it's not a real money problem, I could see us getting teams like Phoenix or Calgary to retain some of their hits if they don't need to spend the actual cash.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown

Stewart is not enough. We need a legit talent for the top line.

If they find that top line talent, I'm fine with Glencross, Zidlicky.

Last edited:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Like I said before:

Jagr in.
Ryder in.
Iginla in.
Ference in.

Campbell out.
Caron out.
Bartkowski out.
Cunningham out.

Lucic - Krejci - Iginla
Smith - Kelly - Paille
Pastrnak

Chara - Hamilton
Seidenberg - Krug
McQuaid - Ference
Miller

GAME SET MATCH!

So we bring in 15.6M of cap and have the oldest/most boring team.

Jeff from Maine

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
No way i'd remove Lucic and McQuaid.

The team is soft enough as it is, losing the ONLY source of toughness is not the right idea. Ever.

Toughness shouldn't occur once every 3 games....Lucic. I want consistency in what you do best.

Looch doesn't seem to want to play hockey. Not physical. Not playing acceptable offense. Lazy back-checking on many occasions.

Later

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Stewart is not enough. We need a legit talent for the top line.

If that find that top line talent, I'm fine with Glencross, Zidlicky.

We bring in boedker+sekera+petry, team gets younger and we would have a proper D group again.
We can add winnik/kassian/ on 4th.

Out eriksson+seidenberg+bart+smith+

And then the rest in the offseason

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad