Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Trading for Miles Wood is trading for another Sean Kuraly, Joakim Nordstrom, Chris Wagner. If you want depth, look for players about 1.5M cheaper at the deadline. Get this "wE nEeD bIg fIgHtEr" out of your brains. What we need is a 2nd line winger who can put the ****ing puck into the net.
They need both, Sweeneys smurfs ain't winning anything in the playoffs. Washington will crush them as soft and small as they are. One would think Austin Watson would cost less than second line wing.

Whatever deals are made hopefully Heinen is involved

shoulders7

Jan 28, 2009
Peabody
It is most certainly relevant as it relates to Wood. 2017-18 Miles Wood was an intriguing player and some hoped he was trending towards something unique. However 2019-20 Wood is not an impact player over 60 mins of ice. He is a 4th liner for NJD...and some devils fans want him out of the line-up entirely.

Sometimes stats tell a story...
Yes, sometimes they do. Wood has 9 goals and 16 points on a terrible devils team, as you said playing at times on the 4th line and without pp time. Danton Heinen has 7 goals and 20 points playing on a team that has been at the top of the league standings all year, while getting significant time on a top 5 pp unit and playing with Krejci or coyle, both better than any center that wood plays with. How does one player suck and is useless and one doesn’t? (For the record, I am not suggesting bringing in wood to replace Heinen, just having a discussion.) The bruins get pushed around by teams like Washington, so I can see the argument for someone like wood even if his hits are down.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Perhaps the irony of my statement wasn’t clear. I’m aware of who Wood is, I just don’t get the obsession. I’ve seen him play quite a few times and he’s a pretty mediocre player. Honestly if you are looking for what he brings just call up Frederic.
Heinen for Wood makes them a better team and allows Frederic to continue developing. Wood's contract is too high for me but I like his game and he would make the smurfs better.

Trent Frederic has been one of Providences best players over the past few months, let him continue to be a top player there instead of butchie playing him 3:00 a night in Boston because he is too tough for Cassidy the cowards style of play

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
Personally, I don’t like relying on rookies in any role in the playoffs.

Even the ultra talented ones often struggle.
Much better to rely on Miles Wood and his 5 games of playoff experience?

Again, I’m not saying Frederic is the answer. I just don’t see the point in trading for a guy who is redundant in the organization. Wood really isn’t that great.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
I can't see this stale team making it past the 2nd round. I don't think you can win with both Grzlcyk and Krug as they are too small, not heavy enough to withstand the grind, albeit they were one win away from the cup (luckily TB/Wash were eliminated).

The obvious need is a 2 RW but I also believe adding a heavy stay at home dman is crucial for the Bruin to be successful this time around.

I've also said that I wouldn't sign Krug to a long term big money deal. (no more than 5 years at 6.5 per). To my point, and probably unpopular as it may be, I'd look to deal Krug in the right move. Or, something that may be even more unpopular, deal Grzlcyk for a good return.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Yes, sometimes they do. Wood has 9 goals and 16 points on a terrible devils team, as you said playing at times on the 4th line and without pp time. Danton Heinen has 7 goals and 20 points playing on a team that has been at the top of the league standings all year, while getting significant time on a top 5 pp unit and playing with Krejci or coyle, both better than any center that wood plays with. How does one player suck and is useless and one doesn’t? (For the record, I am not suggesting bringing in wood to replace Heinen, just having a discussion.) The bruins get pushed around by teams like Washington, so I can see the argument for someone like wood even if his hits are down.
You don't understand, he's tough and not small and "skilled", some of this fanbase values small, soft and "skilled", regardless of production, over somebody who would be one of the fastest skaters on the team and plays with an edge, with as much production as St. Danton the analytical

Reactions: sarge88

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Lastly regarding Wood, I’ll just say this.....

There is no way to know for sure but I would think that playing on a lousy team that has been out of the playoff picture since about Halloween, who traded away their best player must be difficult and less than inspiring.

I know many of us think that it wouldn’t matter in regard to how much effort a player puts in, but I’m guessing it does.

Who knows how much playing on a team in the hunt for a cup, with better players would energize the guy.

In the end, going into the playoffs knowing they might face teams that can knock them around, I’d much rather a guy like Wood, who has proven capable and willing to play a heavy game, be on the team than many others who have proven incapable of it.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Much better to rely on Miles Wood and his 5 games of playoff experience?

Again, I’m not saying Frederic is the answer. I just don’t see the point in trading for a guy who is redundant in the organization. Wood really isn’t that great.

It goes beyond playoff experience. Games played at the NHL level matter.

There’s a reason that the phrase “rookie mistake” exists.

And I don’t think redundant is accurate, when there is maybe one guy in the lineup that skates and hits like he’s capable of...Wagner, and even that might be a stretch.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
Heinen for Wood makes them a better team and allows Frederic to continue developing. Wood's contract is too high for me but I like his game and he would make the smurfs better.

Trent Frederic has been one of Providences best players over the past few months, let him continue to be a top player there instead of butchie playing him 3:00 a night in Boston because he is too tough for Cassidy the cowards style of play
I honesty can’t see how switching Wood and Heinen makes them better. While I respect your opinion, I just flat out disagree. They are different types of players sure, but I just don’t see it.

just seems like I’m not on the same page as some of you which is all good. I just think Heinen has been a better player in this league than Wood has.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I honesty can’t see how switching Wood and Heinen makes them better. While I respect your opinion, I just flat out disagree. They are different types of players sure, but I just don’t see it.

just seems like I’m not on the same page as some of you which is all good. I just think Heinen has been a better player in this league than Wood has.
Have no faith that Wood doesn`t go out and take stupid penalties when discipline is required. While I would have to go to a grief counselor if Heinen is moved, I don`t want him moved for Wood

Does this team need more grit and push back? Yep, and while Wood may supply that at times, I don`t try to acquire him with the name Heinen attached to it

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
It goes beyond playoff experience. Games played at the NHL level matter.

There’s a reason that the phrase “rookie mistake” exists.

And I don’t think redundant is accurate, when there is maybe one guy in the lineup that skates and hits like he’s capable of...Wagner, and even that might be a stretch.
How much would you be relying on a rookie though if the role was of the bottom 6 variety? It’s like he’s going to be playing in the top 6.

Also teams have rookies join their teams late in the season that provide a massive boost to a cup run more often than you think. Jake Guentzel and Jordan Binnington are two great examples of this and this is just within the last three seasons.

Reactions: Lo97

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
They need both, Sweeneys smurfs ain't winning anything in the playoffs. Washington will crush them as soft and small as they are. One would think Austin Watson would cost less than second line wing.

I think this is a big factor, but more so in the d-zone come playoff time with Grizz and Krug. Although both are highly skilled its a whole other season in the playoffs and they're targeted a lot more. The bruins need a big physical top 4 left side defender, who can target the opposition instead of them being the prey.

By trading Grizz in a deal for a top six winger calling up Lauzon to replace him and making another deal for a Josh Manson type, all of a sudden the bruins have some real size and intimidation on the back-end.

They're physical left -side d-men out-there who could be available in Dillon and Boro, but then there's some more skilled players out there who can help in Gustafsson, and Brodin.

Sami Vatanen is another guy Id be interested in, the guy is rock solid defensively and can play the off-side, although he only has a few inches on Grizz he plays a lot bigger.

Manson and Rakell/Kase from the Ducks
Vatanen and Palmeiri from the Devils
Zucker and Brodin from the Wild

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
How much would you be relying on a rookie though if the role was of the bottom 6 variety? It’s like he’s going to be playing in the top 6.

Also teams have rookies join their teams late in the season that provide a massive boost to a cup run more often than you think. Jake Guentzel and Jordan Binnington are two great examples of this and this is just within the last three seasons.
Guentzel was terrific, also rode shotgun with Sid which didn`t hurt but in all honesty, there are far more examples of young kids being overwhelmed by the massive increase in tempo/moment of the playoffs than those who have stepped in and given their teams a "massive boost" IMO

Reactions: sarge88

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Yes, but there are certainly many more that aren’t able to handle the intensity of the playoffs.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

I can't stand Heinen, he is the ultimate JAG, 300 players in this league could take his place and do the same job. Possibly the most overrated Bruin, by a portion of the fans, ever

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I think this is a big factor, but more so in the d-zone come playoff time with Grizz and Krug. Although both are highly skilled its a whole other season in the playoffs and they're targeted a lot more. The bruins need a big physical top 4 left side defender, who can target the opposition instead of them being the prey.

By trading Grizz in a deal for a top six winger calling up Lauzon to replace him and making another deal for a Josh Manson type, all of a sudden the bruins have some real size and intimidation on the back-end.

They're physical left -side d-men out-there who could be available in Dillon and Boro, but then there's some more skilled players out there who can help in Gustafsson, and Brodin.

Sami Vatanen is another guy Id be interested in, the guy is rock solid defensively and can play the off-side, although he only has a few inches on Grizz he plays a lot bigger.

Manson and Rakell/Kase from the Ducks
Vatanen and Palmeiri from the Devils
Zucker and Brodin from the Wild

Agree, small tenacious forwards can do ok in the playoff, a small D will get exposed. Would love Manson or Gudbranson here, but both make 4m plus. Size with some edge is needed badly on D, Miller would be perfect but I sadly think he has played his last game

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Have no faith that Wood doesn`t go out and take stupid penalties when discipline is required. While I would have to go to a grief counselor if Heinen is moved, I don`t want him moved for Wood

Does this team need more grit and push back? Yep, and while Wood may supply that at times, I don`t try to acquire him with the name Heinen attached to it

Here’s my issue with Heinen, aside from his lack of physicality....

Way too inconsistent.

comparing him to Wood this year...

Heinen - 7-13-20 playing consistent PP time with better players than Wood

Wood - 9-7-16.

Heinen has three 6 game pointless stretches. A 4 in 12 games stretch and a 3 in 18 games run.

Wood has one 6 a 5 and 3 4’s.....and has still scored more goals, while playing a lesser role and with lesser players.

Plus, he’s got, what, 1 or 2 legit playoff goals in over 30 games.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Agree, small tenacious forwards can do ok in the playoff, a small D will get exposed. Would love Manson or Gudbranson here, but both make 4m plus. Size with some edge is needed badly on D, Miller would be perfect but I sadly think he has played his last game

Either would be nice, I like Manson more just because I think he's a much better hockey player at this point in their respective careers. Gudbranson for me can be a liability out-there in his own end too often, he's not the same player he was a few years back.

Vatanen is a guy I really like, plays with some snarl and is one very good defender with skill,but a Manson and Lauzon in the bruins top six,now that would be sweet.

Reactions: Fenian24

tonino2424

Sep 28, 2005
I'd package danton grez and 1st round pick for kreider 50% and lias. I think that's a fair deal for both sides. We can replace grez with vak or lauzon they both ready to be full time. If not get a ron hainsey for a 5th round pick as a security blanket.

Has Bobby Orr, in his prime, been morphed into Lias Andersson and you are the only who knows about it?

Reactions: Lo97 and easton117

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
I can't stand Heinen, he is the ultimate JAG, 300 players in this league could take his place and do the same job. Possibly the most overrated Bruin, by a portion of the fans, ever
Fair enough, but now you are assuming I am a fan of him? Not especially, I’m just looking at this from a talent point of view. I think Heinen is a better player than Wood.

you however do not, it’s all good. Don’t assume I have a bias or I overrate someone because I don’t agree with you though.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
Yes, but there are certainly many more that aren’t able to handle the intensity of the playoffs.
I don’t disagree, my main point is how do you differentiate the two? Just because Wood has more games under his belt in this league can you guarantee even as a “veteran” he won’t be as intimidated by the big stage as say a guy like Frederic would having fewer games?

we don’t know, I’m just not into giving up assets for a guy who I am personally totally unimpressed with.

Reactions: Lo97

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018

I rather not have a wife beater on the team. Thank you. Also I don't understand your hate boner for Heinen. I don't think anyone is out here saying he's a star player. He's a 3rd line complementary player that does his job in the defensive zone and helps with possession. He's nothing spectacular and no one's gonna cry themselves to sleep if Danton Heinen leaves the Bruins, but I feel like he kicked your dog off a bridge with how you act about him.

Are you Ron Burgundy? Did he kick Baxter off a bridge?

BruinsNetwork

I'd package danton grez and 1st round pick for kreider 50% and lias. I think that's a fair deal for both sides. We can replace grez with vak or lauzon they both ready to be full time. If not get a ron hainsey for a 5th round pick as a security blanket.

Lias has negative value right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad