Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
That first sentence is blatantly false. Backes is up in the summer of 2021.

Yes, it is.

He more than likely meant that's when Backes wont be a cap hit is the 2022 season, but he also says the Bruins can't put Backes on LTIR because Sweeney admitted Backes was "fit and able to play". Yeah like a month ago :shakehead, and the part of where he says,Wilson can't afford another 5mil dollar contract for next season, Im sure its Wilson using the media for a little posturing.

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
Coleman is a good young player with room to improve but wow is he being overrated here. He didn’t just turn Tampa into a juggernaut.

The need is 2nd line RW. Save your assets for that move. Palmeiri. Add a physical 3rd/ 4th line wing. MAYBE a vet physical dman. However I feel comfortable with the current defense as constructed.

I wouldn't call a soon to be 29 years old as a young player.

That being said, he would be a major update for the third line (I still like Heinen, but boy, kid is soft).

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
It’s literally a full week before the trade deadline. You can’t kill a guy yet for something he hasn’t done when there is still time to do something. I like Coleman a lot. Good player. Slight Overpayment by Tampa but he will come in handy next season with his cheap contract when they have to dump players like Killorn, Johnson, or Palat with them being so tight to the cap.

Palmieri. Rakell. Guys like that really move the needle for me. Toffoli and Kreider I think can be that guy too. I like guys motivated by money in free agency to be big down the stretch. I have no doubt Sweeney will fill that hole. He knocked it out of the parked last year at the deadline. He will do it again. And yes he will add some nasty to this team too.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Fair enough, I wouldn't have put Studnicka in for Coleman. My point was Tampa realized that they did not have enough size or grit to win last year and has taken steps to remedy that for this years playoffs. The Bruins first priority is 2RW but they need some size and grit up front as well as on D. I would like to think Miller would address that internally but you can't count on him with his injury history, Lauzon is a great step in the right direction. I like Dillon and if the cap numbers work he would be a nice fit as your 6/7 in the playoffs
I would not mind Dillon at say 25 % retained and Moore going back with a small add on our part. I for one am happy DS did not give up Studnicka and a first for Coleman, I like Coleman , but not at that price or what TB paid. If we are dealing our first and a good prospect like Frederic or Vaak then I want someone better than Coleman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad