Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
The wait is always a killer, & likely needing to wait a week +

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
You guys interested in something around Kessel for Backes?

Backes is 6 mil for 1.5 more years.
Kessel is 8 mil for 2.5 more years.

Boston would be 2 million MORE toward the cap they are squeezing against for an extra year.

This would essentially make signing our players like Torey Krug impossible this summer.

Based on the need for cap space alone I would say "Highly Unlikely"

Reactions: bbfan419

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs

Boston would be 2 million MORE toward the cap they are squeezing against for an extra year.

This would essentially make signing our players like Torey Krug impossible this summer.

6.8 for Kessel. Leafs on book for 1.2M on their Cap.

Anyway, there is no way this trade would ever happen.

But I would love for the Bruins to get Kessel back.

Marchand-Bergy-Pasta
DeBrusk-Krejci-Kessel
Heinen-Coyle-Bjork

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Fair enough. Except the OP replied to a post that mentioned me directly by name and said poster referred to me twice.

Do I wish I could say more? Obviously yes. But the first time I do will be the last time I do. Nature of the beast.

All I can do is mention 3 teams they are actively having discussions with. As Bob McKenzie said "Don Sweeney is the busiest GM out there". Didn't mention who he's talking to. I supplied 3.

All we can do is wait.
We appreciate the info that you can provide Dom.

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
You guys interested in something around Kessel for Backes?
619751.gif

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008

The leafs retained a million on Kessel when they traded him. For what that’s worth

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
But they'll be placed in different roles. Frederic will (or should) be a 4th line banger at this point. Heinen will be on the third line with an expectation to produce points.

Not if there is a hockey God. He will be sent far away. Arizona, Winnipeg, San Jose.

If a team is counting on this stiff to score they are ****** and looking at a top 5 pick

Last edited:
Reactions: Strafer

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
since we are now dreaming for the stars... my wish list for a super package is going to be with Arizona and will include a couple names others are tossing around

I want
taylor hall 3 mill cap hit for the remainder of this year then an ufa
phil kessel {1/2 retained} we will owe 3.4 mill for the next 3 years}
and im throwing in Nicholas hjarmalson {also 1/2 retained} making him 2.5 mill for 2 years

im going to bank on kessel being a good playoff guy... and welcoming an escape out of Arizona... if he bounces back he could be a real godsend to our second line. im banking on hall resigning with us... if he doesnt this might hurt a bit. as for hjarlmason… he has been injury prone this year but he is a playoff warrior from his days in Chicago and would be a dream 3rd pair righty for us

going their way
david backes {necessary for cap reasons}
john moore {necessary for cap reasons}
first round pick
second round pick
jake debrusk... it hurts but this is a cup winning gamble we are making
Jacob zboril… will be having to expose him on waivers anyhow
oskar steen… got to give to get... he might be enough to cover the money difference here
then the obligatory first round conditional pick if hall resigns with us

so this is probably my biggest fantasy proposal ever... but im starting to let the rumors get to me... maybe we are going all in?

this deal would nuclear power our second line... address the concerns on defense... leave the 3rd line strong... of course leave the first line untouched... its a cup winning gamble

Reactions: PepeBostones

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
since we are now dreaming for the stars... my wish list for a super package is going to be with Arizona and will include a couple names others are tossing around

I want
taylor hall 3 mill cap hit for the remainder of this year then an ufa
phil kessel {1/2 retained} we will owe 3.4 mill for the next 3 years}
and im throwing in Nicholas hjarmalson {also 1/2 retained} making him 2.5 mill for 2 years

im going to bank on kessel being a good playoff guy... and welcoming an escape out of Arizona... if he bounces back he could be a real godsend to our second line. im banking on hall resigning with us... if he doesnt this might hurt a bit. as for hjarlmason… he has been injury prone this year but he is a playoff warrior from his days in Chicago and would be a dream 3rd pair righty for us

going their way
david backes {necessary for cap reasons}
john moore {necessary for cap reasons}
first round pick
second round pick
jake debrusk... it hurts but this is a cup winning gamble we are making
Jacob zboril… will be having to expose him on waivers anyhow
oskar steen… got to give to get... he might be enough to cover the money difference here
then the obligatory first round conditional pick if hall resigns with us

so this is probably my biggest fantasy proposal ever... but im starting to let the rumors get to me... maybe we are going all in?

this deal would nuclear power our second line... address the concerns on defense... leave the 3rd line strong... of course leave the first line untouched... its a cup winning gamble
Taylor Hall hates puppies

pass

Reactions: Strafer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad