Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Is something going down. .. names are being tossed around everywhere on here.

Hi to all the diehards. Wanted to thank Neelynugs for reaching out with a nice note. I will post what I know and hear as reliable. For those worried, fear not on your right wing, he is coming. They have two offers on the table. both players would be very nice upgrades. One with term that the Bruins want but the asking price is a little steep for them, but not too far off where it can't be accomplished. The other is a rental, return from what I have heard is in line with the player's skill. They want the first guy, but next years planning is a primary holdup. Krug really really wants to stay here and the feeling is the same from the Bruins, but it just isnt all that close right now. If they take on the first acquisition, they are going for it this year, and are almost resigned to Krug having to walk at the end of the year and neither side wants that.

This^

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I worked up a roster on Capfriendly for next year. I signed Krug at $7.25, DeBrusk ($3.5) and Gryz ($3) to bridge deals, I had NJ retain on Palmieri and take back Moore, and I let Halak walk, choosing to roll the dice on Vladar or Swayman, and I came in just under the $83m cap. That was with no cap penalties carried over from Chara (oh, I resigned Chara to a the same deal at $2m).

Long story short, it seems possible but everything would have to fall into place perfectly to do it.
I think if Krug stays then Grizz goes and you roll with the kids in that spot.

otherwise I think options to upgrade your top 6 are pretty limited

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
Maybe the Lauzon call up was to show case him? Next year they could keep Krug, Carlo, C-Mac, Gryz, Chara, and Vaak.
Move Moore's money, K-Miller, Lauzon, and Zboril.

Vaak, Gryz, Cmac and Carlo are young enough to solidify the top 4 for years to come.
Throw Seattle a pick to take a forward.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
This makes the most sense I've seen. Its actually pretty fair and it fills both teams needs.Maybe the bruins should get a 3rd back though,at least a 4th.

Its kind of similar to what the Rangers got for McDonaugh when he had another year left and McDonaugh had/has more value than Palmeiri.
( A first and Namestnikov with two mid-level prospects.)

Even Mark stone didn't return a first, in last years draft and that draft isn't nearly as talent-laden as this years.

If Im dealing with Jersey though I would want Vatenen in the deal, I'd throw in the bruins 2nd to get it done.

Grizz,Heinen and a 2nd
for
Palmeiri & Vatenen
That is a deal I would be happy with.

Reactions: TCB

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Man, there’s some complicated math that needs to happen. This all goes back to “tagging space” in my feeble mind and how much TK47 is willing to stay for, cause I think he will get paid on the open market. This is where the Bruins need to be the big market club they are, and give TK47 a f***-ton of signing bonus money up front to help lower overall cap hit. I think they see him as a leader. He’s dynamic and unique to what we have available to replace him, so if he is willing to take a discount make it work.

Moving Heinen or Moore shouldn’t be hard if they needed to for cap purposes, at worst they have neutral value but I believe they are both very serviceable players on fair deals but it looks like we have enough internal competition to replace them (sorry to Joe if he is reading this).

Then there is Backes, worst case, he is owed 4M for next season but caries a 6m cap hit ; 1M is signing bonus, the Bruins could pay that and the incoming team owes 3M for a 6M cap hit - but they can’t really move him until 7/2/2020 after the bonus has been paid. I’d like to think that could be appealing to certain teams but we will see.

They have this year and maybe next year and then more big changes are on the horizon: Krejci, Rask as UFAs. It’ll be the end of an era and they’ve got to milky-mcmilk this cap finagling.

I do hope the prospects have enough value; the cupboard to me looks full but it’s time to hit it out of the park.

Palmieri, come on down.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Hi to all the diehards. Wanted to thank Neelynugs for reaching out with a nice note. I will post what I know and hear as reliable. For those worried, fear not on your right wing, he is coming. They have two offers on the table. both players would be very nice upgrades. One with term that the Bruins want but the asking price is a little steep for them, but not too far off where it can't be accomplished. The other is a rental, return from what I have heard is in line with the player's skill. They want the first guy, but next years planning is a primary holdup. Krug really really wants to stay here and the feeling is the same from the Bruins, but it just isnt all that close right now. If they take on the first acquisition, they are going for it this year, and are almost resigned to Krug having to walk at the end of the year and neither side wants that.

Thanks very much for this. I wish you would post here more often but I can understand why you don't.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
I like Vaak and would hate to give him up, rather trade Zboril, but I like Lauzon more than any of them.
I wouldn’t trade

Stud
Frederic ( could be a mini Lucic) a young one lol
Beecher

Lauzon ... physical, rather keep

I said , I wouldn’t move Vaak but for Palmeiri I’m tempted . I just wish we could get a little younger player but somewhat established player with size.

But so does everybody else!

If New Jersey is demanding Vaak , no first rd pick. I agree with everyone else. I think somebody posted this I don’t know who...

Vaak
Heinen
2nd rd pick

That’s fair enough. I wanna do it for the Cup, and he has one year left.

Watch Vaak turn into Paul Coffey lol lol

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Watch vak become a brodin type. Watch stud become a mini Bergeron. Watch senyshyn become a eric cole. These 3 plus Bjork beecher lauko are untouchables in my books.
Blah. You don’t worry about what guys no longer on your team are doing.

You trade to make your team better now or in the future. Those no longer part of the team aren’t your concern.

Reactions: Strafer

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Man, there’s some complicated math that needs to happen. This all goes back to “tagging space” in my feeble mind and how much TK47 is willing to stay for, cause I think he will get paid on the open market. This is where the Bruins need to be the big market club they are, and give TK47 a ****-ton of signing bonus money up front to help lower overall cap hit. I think they see him as a leader. He’s dynamic and unique to what we have available to replace him, so if he is willing to take a discount make it work.

Moving Heinen or Moore shouldn’t be hard if they needed to for cap purposes, at worst they have neutral value but I believe they are both very serviceable players on fair deals but it looks like we have enough internal competition to replace them (sorry to Joe if he is reading this).

Then there is Backes, worst case, he is owed 4M for next season but caries a 6m cap hit ; 1M is signing bonus, the Bruins could pay that and the incoming team owes 3M for a 6M cap hit - but they can’t really move him until 7/2/2020 after the bonus has been paid. I’d like to think that could be appealing to certain teams but we will see.

They have this year and maybe next year and then more big changes are on the horizon: Krejci, Rask as UFAs. It’ll be the end of an era and they’ve got to milky-mcmilk this cap finagling.

I do hope the prospects have enough value; the cupboard to me looks full but it’s time to hit it out of the park.

Palmieri, come on down.
I’m afraid this option for Joe is going by the boards. It’s called something came along that’s better.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I wouldn’t trade

Stud
Beecher

Lauzon ... physical, rather keep

I said , I wouldn’t move Vaak but for Palmeiri I’m tempted . I just wish we could get a little younger player but somewhat established player with size.

But so does everybody else!

If New Jersey is demanding Vaak , no first rd pick. I agree with everyone else. I think somebody posted this I don’t know who...

Vaak
Heinen
2nd rd pick

I would give up Vaak only if I absolutely had to and as you say no first round pick with him. As was mentioned above by another poster try to deal Gryz + Heinen for Palmieri and a 3rd something like that. Maybe even expand the deal if need be and send Moore back there for Wood. I agree with your untouchable list as well, only way I move them is in part of a deal for a young star forward i.e. a Barkov or McKinnon type, otherwise you hang onto them.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
If we have to give up Vaak and let Krug walk to get Palmieri, I definitely hesitate. If we can keep Lauzon and Vaak in the deal, call me crazy, but I'd probably do it, even if Krug has to walk.

agreed if we can keep Vaak, lauzon and add palmieri, I’d do it because that also means we would be keeping palmieri for less than we would be signing krug, which opens the door to fill another spot in the off-season.

Reactions: sleepyh

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I wouldn’t trade

Stud
Beecher

Vaak
Heinen
2nd rd pick

Frederic is not becoming a mini Lucic.

NJ can get more than that.

Never saw Paul Coffey play, eh?

Reactions: Lo97

Scruffy

Jun 18, 2009
Bawstin
Blah. You don’t worry about what guys no longer on your team are doing.

You trade to make your team better now or in the future. Those no longer part of the team aren’t your concern.
Agreed. We traded Wheeler+Stuart for Peverley, and Wheeler has turned into a captain of the Jets. I still do that trade everyday and twice on Sunday because it helped bring us a Cup. At the end of the day, good players come and go, but Championships are forever. Gotta go for it when you can.

Reactions: sleepyh

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
I like both Vaakanainen and Lauzon, I personally think the ceiling is higher For Vaak, but’s that’s just personal opinion.

I prefer to keep both, but I would move Lauzon first.

Stud is a no go for me in any trade though. Not only is he arguably our best prospect, our organizational depth at center (current nhl roster not withstanding) isn’t great.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
palmeri is a 4.65 mill cap hit for next year... stop planning on adding him unless you can suggest where we are cutting 4.65 mill from next years budget

is it krug you plan on getting rid of?
is it debrusk?
is it McAvoy?
is it krecji?

I dont mention backes because hes already gone just to afford the new contracts we need for the guys we need new contracts for

capfriendly says we have 62.5 mill committed to

marchand/Bergeron/pastrnak
X/krejci/X
Heinen/Coyle/X
blidh/kuraly/wagner
Lindholm/backes

moore/mcavoy
x/carlo
x/clifton
x

rask
x

we have roughly 26 million after we get rid of the ENTIRE backes contract to sign
krug
chara
grzelyck
debrusk
bjork
kuhlman
halak
and 1 additional forward

this is if evrything goes totally perfect... if we dont get dinged by a chara bonus penalty... if we dont decide we need a million in unspent cap space... If we dont end up with a rash of injuries...

even if you move grzelyck and his 2-3 mill hit and replace with an elc guy like lauzon you still havent cleared enough room for palmeri

cut deeper... make it hurt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad