Alfredsson?

Johnz96*

Nyquist and Tatar should've be on the Wings regardless of having Alfredsson.

1. No way the Wings should've went into the season with 3 rookie top 6 forwards.
2. They shouldn't have been rookies, except for Jurco.

I agree.
I think Jurco should improve some and Alfredsson will probably regress some and combine those 2 factors and I think Jurco will probably be the better player than Alfie this year.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I agree.
I think Jurco should improve some and Alfredsson will probably regress some and combine those 2 factors and I think Jurco will probably be the better player than Alfie this year.

Sorry for you but Jurco becomes a better overall player for future years, when he can dominate half a year at Griffins 1st line and then join Wings at the playoffs.

Johnz96*

Sorry for you but Jurco becomes a better overall player for future years, when he can dominate half a year at Griffins 1st line and then join Wings at the playoffs.

Sorry for all Wings' fans.
Jurco dominated for half a year on Griffins' first line last year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
Alfie got lost in the second half of the season when Datsyuk and Zetterberg both went down.

He had to play with less talented linemates and/or bad line combos.

I want him back next year.

Johnz96*

What's that have to do with your original foolish statement regarding Alfie?
$5.5m for a guy who held back better, much more affordable players. No thanks.

I was replying to a comment that implied they want Alfie back sop Cleary doesn't get to play.

Cleary will play regardless of if Alfie decides to come back or not, Jurco is the one that won't.

[MOD]

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Babcock likes a heavy guy on all lines. I think Jurco with Pav and Z would score more than 20 and also provide more size and a physical presence while not taking up so much cap.

:help:

Did you some how forget Pav and Z missed most of the year?

Alfie would have scored more than 25 if he got to play with Pav and Z. Why don't we try and keep this apple to apples.

Its not Like alfie Got some opportunity Jurco didn't. Alfie was play 16 minutes/game to Jurco's 3

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Of course they should have.
Tatar should have got more ice-time and more time with top players as well.

Who says he would have gotten all of Alfredsson's ice time? Who says he would have replicated or even surpassed his numbers with that ice time? You?

Johnz96*

Alfie got lost in the second half of the season when Datsyuk and Zetterberg both went down.

He had to play with less talented linemates and/or bad line combos.

I want him back next year.

Tatar had to play with less talented linemates all year and bad line combos until he put the kid line together.
I wouldn't mind Alfie back but not for $5m and not if he holds back Nyquist, ytaytar and Jurco although in Tatar's case even if Alfredsson decides to retire and we have a a lot of injuries, I doubt Babcock will give him top line time or linemates.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007

I was replying to a comment that implied they want Alfie back sop Cleary doesn't get to play.

Cleary will play regardless of if Alfie decides to come back or not, Jurco is the one that won't.

If something is foolish, it should be called such. When Holland re-signed Cleary, it was foolish. We all called it foolish. When you post something foolish, I will call it foolish. [MOD]

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto

[MOD]

Alfredsson didn't hold anyone back last year, Cleary and Samuelsson did.

Alfredsson was arguably the best player on the team and is more than welcome back. If Jurco wants in the line-up he'll have to protect his spot from Cleary which if he's half the player you seem to think he is, he should have no problem doing.

Johnz96*

Who says he would have gotten all of Alfredsson's ice time? Who says he would have replicated or even surpassed his numbers with that ice time? You?

If he got more time and played some with Dats and Z, he certainly would have scored more than he did and he was 2nd to Nyquist in goals as it was.
Don't scratch him, add some more time and some time with Pav and Z and he would probably have scored 30+ goals.

He may not have scored but he was the Wings' 2nd best player in the playoffs.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
If he got more time and played some with Dats and Z, he certainly would have scored more than he did and he was 2nd to Nyquist in goals as it was.
Don't scratch him, add some more time and some time with Pav and Z and he would probably have scored 30+ goals.

Maybe, maybe not. All I know is that Alfredsson led the team in points and was definitely a positive in the lineup.

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
Tatar had to play with less talented linemates all year and bad line combos until he put the kid line together.
I wouldn't mind Alfie back but not for $5m and not if he holds back Nyquist, ytaytar and Jurco although in Tatar's case even if Alfredsson decides to retire and we have a a lot of injuries, I doubt Babcock will give him top line time or linemates.

Um, don't blame Alfie for what Cleary is doing.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
It's not a guarantee...
But I am genuinely shocked that people post on here like spots are given out fairly in camp, based on what transpires, after the last few years.

And that Cleary won't have a leg-up on folks when he is clearly heavily favored by management.

I don't see how you can reasonably expect that to be the case.

Johnz96*

Alfredsson didn't hold anyone back last year, Cleary and Samuelsson did.

Alfredsson was arguably the best player on the team and is more than welcome back. If Jurco wants in the line-up he'll have to protect his spot from Cleary which if he's half the player you seem to think he is, he should have no problem doing.

Actually it was Babcock and Holland.
But if Alfie wasn't here, Nyquist wouldn't have been stuck in the minors for the quarter of the season. But I guess you can say that about every forward making more than $1m

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
You can't even blame Cleary.
All the blame should be directed at Babcock and Holland.
I just think you can get a lot more for $5m+ than a 42 yr old Alfie.

Anyone you get with 3 million plus 2 million in bonuses will push Tatar and Nyquist back (apparently), so what's the point?

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada

Alfie or no alfie he can't play with Dats and Z when they are not in the lineup. And even if he played with one of them ffor 82 games, no way jurco scores 30 + last season.

If you are going to continue to make outlandish claims of jurco being better/out producing Alfie please provide statistical support.

Jurco had a lower shooting % than alfie, a worse plus minus, less shots/60 min, lower GF/60 while playing against weaker competition.

Oh and you ramble on about how alfie got the opportunity with better linemates. Would you like to see their respective QoTs? Your entire opinion is based off your own false perceptions

Alfie 29.3
Jurco 28.5

every stat out there will tell you that Alfie was the better player. It not even debatable really...

Last edited:

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm

Kid line worked well, how do you know that giving him more TOI with Dats and Z automatically increases his production?
That's nothing but speculation and clearly not simple as that.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
I am praying we sign him for the sole reason that it leaves 1 less spot for Cleary.

Thought he looked good over the 1st half of last season. Thought he showed his age a bit down the stretch, but the Olympics probably didn't help that.

He was good, but there was too much hockey for a 41-year-old at last season. He should have skipped those olympics to have rest.

These two guys nailed it. Alfie could have skipped the Olympics in order to rest up for the stretch run, but I can understand wanting one last shot at Olympic Gold and get why he played.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009

Fantasy scenario, but still falls more on Babcock's usage than any player we sign(ed). Abdelkader was probably taking away more top six opportunity for a guy like Tatar last season than Alfie and the other guys we signed combined.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad