Alfredsson?

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Didn't Teemu do this for the Ducks?

Heal up, get healthy, and be ready to rock for the crunch down the stretch. And it's a given somebody will be hurt by then and he won't be "holding back" a prospect. Ideal, really.

Last year Teemu just didn't do back to backs. Back in '09 like someone mentioned, Nieder came back like halfway through the year I think.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Alfredsson update

@SheriTSN
Daniel Alfredsson declined to be oncamera but he is on the ice at the Joe.He says he will skate hard all week& could decide future next week

@SheriTSN
Alfredsson added he did skate last week as well but is pushing himself hard this week and so far he feels good. Getting lots of therapy.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Alfredsson talks heating up again

@SheriTSN
Daniel Alfredsson declined to be oncamera but he is on the ice at the Joe.He says he will skate hard all week& could decide future next week

@SheriTSN
Alfredsson added he did skate last week as well but is pushing himself hard this week and so far he feels good. Getting lots of therapy.

With the rate of injuries thus far, wouldn't hurt to add a good top9 right handed shot player. I'd take him. Chances are he doesn't play more than 60 games anyway.

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
I think it would be nice to have him as a "just in case" kinda guy, but I don't seem him being more than an IR player most of the year. :(

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Hey guys, i have the perfect idea here. We should clone Alfredsson. Cloning him means that the original Alfredsson could retire while his clone plays for the Wings. It is a win-win situation.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Hey guys, i have the perfect idea here. We should clone Alfredsson. Cloning him means that the original Alfredsson could retire while his clone plays for the Wings. It is a win-win situation.

If I'm cloning anybody, I'm going to put 5 Datsyuk's on the ice.

Maybe 6, actually.

qJ25esU.png

(that's him)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Clone Karlsson and give us 1

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
It would be good if Alfie came back and was ready to start the regular season (not likely) since Dats is out.

Nyquist-Z-Mule
Alfie-Weiss-Helm/Tats
Jurco-Riley-Tats/Helm
Gator-Joker/Luke-Miller

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009

Does cloning Alfie make him half his current age? That's how that works, right?

If I'm cloning anybody, I'm going to put 5 Datsyuk's on the ice. Maybe 6, actually.

If you had 6 Datsyuks, putting one in goal would be a waste. You have 6 of the greatest takeaway artists the game has ever seen. The other team would never have the puck long enough to get a shot.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
It would be nice to clone Nicklas Lidström. And make another as mirror-image, right-handed version. Then put them on the same pair. :laugh:

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Well, this thread took a weird turn. :laugh:

Anyways, I would welcome Alfie back. From what I've seen in the pre-season so far, we don't really have any Nyquist/Tatar situations where our up-and-coming forward prospects are wasting away in Grand Rapids with nothing to learn (although its a different story with our defense prospects). Maybe that will be the case with Mantha, but he'd have to be pretty dominant down in GR almost immediately. And it still wouldn't hurt him to play in the AHL.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Does cloning Alfie make him half his current age? That's how that works, right?

If you had 6 Datsyuks, putting one in goal would be a waste. You have 6 of the greatest takeaway artists the game has ever seen. The other team would never have the puck long enough to get a shot.

Of course it does. You think i would clone him at the same age? What would be the point of that?

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments/red-wings-penguins-preseason-game-day-updates1
19. The scout also relayed that word is Detroit feels it owes Daniel Alfredsson some real patience. First, he chose them last year during a difficult process, led them in scoring and was a great leader in season they needed veterans to step up. Second, he could have come to them in June for a new contract, but was honest about his injury and gave them cap flexibility. They are willing to let this play out.

I'm fine with this.

Getting Alfredsson back during the regular season is like a trade deadline acquisition. Plus, the actual embodiment of class. A word that is overused in hockey but is necessary to describe Alfredsson in this situation. He knew his own health situation and was completely up front and honest about it instead of getting more money.

What a leader.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments/red-wings-penguins-preseason-game-day-updates1

I'm fine with this.

Getting Alfredsson back during the regular season is like a trade deadline acquisition. Plus, the actual embodiment of class. A word that is overused in hockey but is necessary to describe Alfredsson in this situation. He knew his own health situation and was completely up front and honest about it instead of getting more money.

What a leader.

I still don't like it if he comes back 30 or 40 games in. It's going to take awhile to get into shape, and it's going to throw lines out of whack. Older guys trying to get into a lineup after a long period off is a recipe for minor injuries that either keep them out of the lineup or siphons off their effectiveness.

The sooner he makes a decision the better. At some point, I just prefer the idea of putting the team together and sticking with it.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

I'm fine with this.

What a leader.

Class act.

Take notes, Cleary.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
I still don't like it if he comes back 30 or 40 games in. It's going to take awhile to get into shape, and it's going to throw lines out of whack. Older guys trying to get into a lineup after a long period off is a recipe for minor injuries that either keep them out of the lineup or siphons off their effectiveness.

The sooner he makes a decision the better. At some point, I just prefer the idea of putting the team together and sticking with it.

I get your point, but won't say no either, if he comes back during the season. I admit that such a classy act eases my decision.
Still, we know about his qualities and that he'd be a great addition to our rooster, taken for granted that he delievers (all over) again.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

I'm fine with this.

What a leader.

This would work very nice with the cap. At first, let's think that healthy Alfredsson is worth ~4 million.

If he comes back when season is 25% completed, his real earnings should be ~3 million of his 4 million worth because he is unavailable to play all the games.

And... with 3 million contract signed when 25% season is competed causes only 2.25M caphit...

Chip39

Apr 19, 2013
Putting him on ice for a bit is not a big deal. He's a veteran he will be a big positive addition at any point in the season.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage

I'm fine with this.

What a leader.

Yes, Kenneh owed Cleary and now he owes Alfie. Most everyone else on the roster who has the slightest amount of value has a no movement clause. It's clear Holland still has the country club up and running. :help:

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Safe to say he is retiring? I don't expect him to come back around December. Just doesn't seem like his style. I am guessing only being healthy enough to play half a season doesn't meet his criteria for being healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad