Alfredsson talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I heard that Marc Methot wrote a crude joke on the bathroom wall next to Paul Macleans office that showed a woman that looked remarkably like Paul Maclean engaged in sexual relations with a walrus. The next day, Methot was a healthy scratch.

Look I just created smoke.

Signed an anonymous hockey message board poster.

I can confirm this. (e5)

source

Jul 13, 2008
Poll question stupidly assumes there must be "fault" in Alfredsson leaving to Detroit.

MtRundle

We once were warriors.
Apr 29, 2013
Toronto
I heard that Marc Methot wrote a crude joke on the bathroom wall next to Paul Macleans office that showed a woman that looked remarkably like Paul Maclean engaged in sexual relations with a walrus. The next day, Methot was a healthy scratch.

Look I just created smoke.

Signed an anonymous hockey message board poster.

IMO Someone creates his own smoke, goes to the media and pours gasoline on the fire, then farts on it to fan the flames , then meddles in hockey decisions, then drops a bomb and blows it all up.

Last edited:

source

Jul 13, 2008
Sorry, but the only issue I see is that there is no option for fault on all sides.

And no, finding fault everywhere is not the same as no fault anywhere.

We know money was part of the reason Alfredsson left, but so what? Alfredsson is a player of legendary status for the Senators franchise, and decided to leave for 1-2 years for a better shot at the Stanley Cup. Maybe not the best shot at the Cup, but again, so what? His decision is understandable and should be respected.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Yost's latest post: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=58751. "Abrasive relationships can wear on the involved parties. And if you won't take my word for it, take Bibbi Alfredsson's. One scathing e-mail loaded with an equal balance of inebriation and expletives to her man had her running for Detroit, Michigan"

Interesting twist: this blog post no longer exists. It seems to have been removed from the HB database.

MtRundle

We once were warriors.
Apr 29, 2013
Toronto
There u go. We now have as much credibility as Senschirp when he broke the Melnyk email.

Huzzah

Hooray for sarcasm and ignoring the multiple sources pointing to the gongshow that is the senators this season.

Let me guess you were the 2nd violin on the 1st deck of the titanic as well...:handclap:

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Hooray for sarcasm and ignoring the multiple sources pointing to the gongshow that is the senators this season.

Let me guess you were the 2nd violin on the 1st deck of the titanic as well...:handclap:

No credible sources even touched the story of that Melnyk email. The whole thing was scuttlebut by anonymous bloggers, message board posters and some dude that writes for the biggest joke of a hockey site on the internet.

That's all im saying.

I'm not going to believe something unless there is more than just conjecture, and the aforementioned kinds of people reporting it.

QuietOnTheFront

@QuietOnTheFront
Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Why is it that as the days pass on, more and more it seems like our owner is the ****** and not our players?

Was Heatley leaving maybe Melnyk being a dick? Was Heatley painted as the bad guy the same way Alfie was being said to be selfish? I never understood what made Heatley leave a then powerhouse.

Clouston cut his minutes and stopped giving him first line PP minutes. He demanded a trade because he didn't like how his role had diminished on the team. It had nothing to do with Murray or Melnyk and everything to do with the way he felt playing under Clouston.

Heatley was painted the bad guy (rightfully so) because he handcuffed Murray. There was pressure to get a deal done before July 1st, when Heatley's $4 million dollar bonus would kick in. Murray had successfully reached an agreement with the Oilers on June 30th for Andrew Cogliano, Ladislav Smid and Dustin Penner. Heatley then chose to exercise his no trade clause and prevented the move from going through, forcing Ottawa to lose out on a reasonable return and pay his bonus.

So yes Heatley is a dick.

QuietOnTheFront

@QuietOnTheFront
Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I don't think the Sens were a powerhouse when they went to the finals either. They were a one line team with a good defense and above average goaltending. The east was terrible that year, and their one line was the best in the league.

Buffalo was the other 'powerhouse' of the east. To put things into perspective.

The Sens days of being a powerhouse were coming to an end when Havlat was traded for garbage, the 2nd round pick being the centerpiece of the return.

This doesn't put anything into perspective in terms of what you're implying. Buffalo had a solid team before they lost Briere and Drury to FA. To even hint that they were a weak team is a joke. They made it to the conference finals two years in a row before they left!

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
This doesn't put anything into perspective in terms of what you're implying. Buffalo had a solid team before they lost Briere and Drury to FA. To even hint that they were a weak team is a joke. They made it to the conference finals two years in a row before they left!

THey were a good team, not a great team. That's the point.

Buffalo and Ottawa from those seasons is a far cry from Ottawa and New Jersey of the early 2000s, or The Pens and Bruins of today.

A matter of opinion, I guess.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Yost's latest post: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=58751. "Abrasive relationships can wear on the involved parties. And if you won't take my word for it, take Bibbi Alfredsson's. One scathing e-mail loaded with an equal balance of inebriation and expletives to her man had her running for Detroit, Michigan"

What e-mail is he referring to? I don't recall anything about this.

Go taken down from the site so the Sens, the problem with Yost is he takes rumours to be facts but has nothing to back it up besides more rumours, and if he did have a leg to stand on on this he would not of taken it down from the website - he would of stood by it.

At some point I think he losses credibility and becomes a bit of a sideshow - he has broken his own rule own saying he would never talk about things he had no proof of or rumours and now he has become the guy that barks the loudest but has no bite.

Are the Sens in a heap of trouble - yes.
Does this mean Melnyk sends drunk emails and Karlsson cheated on his wife - no.
Yost gets these things mixed up.

and when should all be sending a message to Melnyk that he's not a good enough owner for our fanbase by not buying tickets, Yost is miles ahead of everyone, I doubt he's been to a regular season in 5 years and certainly didn't buy the ticket if he did

Do I have proof of this, no, but it sounds about right and that's the world we are living in right now with these types of rumour to truth posts Yost is turning out.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Man, Yost had ANOTHER blog entry deleted... what seems like the one he replaced the first deleted post with, which I don't have a copy of, but it was insinuating that something was rotten in the state of Denmark the Sens ownership group (Melnyk) meddling in the affairs of the coaching staff, but didn't try to go quite as in depth as the first (deleted) post, which had the Bibi insinuation in it.

Not sure if posts are getting deleted because Yost is outright fabricating things, or if people are trying to muscle him to be quiet, or what.

Crazy shenanigans...

Last edited:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Google Cache still has the now-deleted Yost blog post up (the original one, not the 2nd, more recent one that was also deleted), in case anyone wants to read what was posted before it was taken down.

Here's the link.

Disclaimer: everything in the article is hearsay and conjecture, as far as I'm concerned. I'm posting the link because it makes for interesting discussion.

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
No credible sources even touched the story of that Melnyk email. The whole thing was scuttlebut by anonymous bloggers, message board posters and some dude that writes for the biggest joke of a hockey site on the internet.

That's all im saying.

I'm not going to believe something unless there is more than just conjecture, and the aforementioned kinds of people reporting it.

Keep towing the company line

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Man, Yost had ANOTHER blog entry deleted... what seems like the one he replaced the first deleted post with, which I don't have a copy of, but it was insinuating that something was rotten in the state of Denmark the Sens ownership group (Melnyk) meddling in the affairs of the coaching staff, but didn't try to go quite as in depth as the first (deleted) post, which had the Bibi insinuation in it.

Not sure if posts are getting deleted because Yost is outright fabricating things, or if people are trying to muscle him to be quiet, or what.

Crazy shenanigans...

As much as HockeyBuzz is a bit of a running gag, it's still a professional site which generates revenue. Many of the writers on it also have full time gigs as journalists with other publications so they've got to be aware of anything that approaches libel territory. Without any proof, Yost can't say what he says about drunken emails, meddling, etc. unless he was on his own personal blog. He's still an employee of HockeyBuzz so any ramifications he feels would be felt ten-fold by the site.

He's got a company line he has to tow. Not saying what he writes isn't true, he needs to provide concrete proof to say it. He's not some random HF poster who can pull stuff out his wazoo like PoutineSpoonz did. :sarcasm:

John Holmes*

We know that Melnyk says and does outrageous things. Anyone with a TV or a radio has had ample opportunity to see for themselves, so when you hear about other outrageous stories about him, they aren't that hard to believe.

Why would a guy like Alfredsson just pick up and leave the way he did?

I think there is something to this rumor, and if it is true, it's shameful behavior.

It's also interesting how Yost's blog and Twitter account start having problems whenever he writes about Melnyk.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Don't know much about accounting. But isn't there a loophole where if you leave the country for more than a year or two years (everyone leaves. Family, no house ownership) and you return you get most if your taxes back.

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
Don't know much about accounting. But isn't there a loophole where if you leave the country for more than a year or two years (everyone leaves. Family, no house ownership) and you return you get most if your taxes back.

Many people who do offshore investing live in tax haven's for a reason.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

You're going to have to explain this further. As a Canadian expat who no longer pays Cdn taxes (our family left, we have no residential ties to the country anymore, etc...), I have never heard of a loophole where I can claim and receive a refund on taxes paid in previous years in which I did live in Canada.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
You're going to have to explain this further. As a Canadian expat who no longer pays Cdn taxes (our family left, we have no residential ties to the country anymore, etc...), I have never heard of a loophole where I can claim and receive a refund on taxes paid in previous years in which I did live in Canada.

It's true and a major factor that Alfie highballed the Sens as his intention was to explore the Canadian tax system. It is not a loophole, it is clearly stated. Something to the tune of 17 million or so (although I can't remember the actual figure)will come his way in two years time. The taxes he paid over the years will be returned. Shawn Simpson has alluded to this a few times that the tax implication for Alfie to leave are too big to ignore. As was Sundin's decision to go back to Europe, and other players who then return.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
It's true and a major factor that Alfie highballed the Sens as his intention was to explore the Canadian tax system. It is not a loophole, it is clearly stated. Something to the tune of 17 million or so (although I can't remember the actual figure)will come his way in two years time. The taxes he paid over the years will be returned. Shawn Simpson has alluded to this a few times that the tax implication for Alfie to leave are too big to ignore. As was Sundin's decision to go back to Europe, and other players who then return.

Further to this, there's the theory that Lehner "bought" Alfredsson's current home to keep it off the market. To this day, it makes no sense that a single man would buy a home for a family of 6 out in the boonies.

I think the lawyer guy on TSN1200 (Eric Marcomella?) broke it down on how Alfie stands to regain a lot of his money due to some stipulation with his Swedish background...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad