Alfredsson talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
Hoping his age really catches up with him this year and Detroit is terribly disappointed. I would love to see him up in the press box.

3u1ofc.jpg

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Hoping his age really catches up with him this year and Detroit is terribly disappointed. I would love to see him up in the press box.

[]

If the Sens don't make it all the way this year, I really hope to see Alfie raise the cup.
There has been no one who did more for this franchise.

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
I'm sorry if this has been covered, but I didn't want to read 1100 posts. Any deets on if Player 11's comments will be televised tomorrow? If so, what network(s) and time? Thanks!

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
I caught the tail end of Alfie comments on the TEAM. Can someone give me some cliffs on what was said please?

sens4life

May 15, 2007
Reality
My take.

It should have never got to this. Blame Alfie. Blame the Sens. It should have never got to this.

I suspect this will divide the fanbase when Alfie plays in Ottawa...the majority will cheer for Alfie, but a loud, vocal, young minority (thinking RSU and Senate Club teen to 20-somethings) will not and have a massive resentment for Alfie turning his back on the club. Simultaneously, people will boo and cheer when Alfie touches the puck. At the 11:11 mark, people will simultaneously cheer "Alfie" and "Alfie sucks"...

In my opinion, the cheering of Alfie is disrespecful of our team. I'm not booing him, but I'm not applauding him (except before that first game) either.

It should have never got to this. Blame Alfie. Blame the Sens. It should have never got to this.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I think Alfie has already said it all. He said he doesn't want to be a mentor in his final years in Ottawa (he doesn't want to play second line minutes with rookies)

Also, Alfie is a big union guy and don't think him seeing Karlsson/Turris/Neil/Phillips take millions paycuts to stay in Ottawa (under Alfie's discounted leadership, he is as much to blame as anyone) didn't go unnoticed by him. He played for $1 million last year and was our best player, him leaving sent a message to Ottawa that discounts are no longer the order of business, you want top line players, you have to pay for them like Detroit does.

Alfie said during the previous lockout you have to be happy with the contract you sign, or you can't focus on hockey. He obviously wasn't happy with the contract Ottawa offered so he went somewhere were his only concern will be hockey, no distractions, no retirement talk every year all year, legacy talk, just hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad