Confirmed with Link: Alfie to the Hall

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Some good Alfie focused interviews on 1200 today if anyone is interested, including the G O D himself.

Love the Marty Straka praise from Alfie. One of my all time favorites and still have his jersey.

Last edited:

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Some good Alfie focused interviews on 1200 today if anyone is interested, including the G O D himself.

Love the Marty Straka praise from Alfie. One of my all time favorites and still have his jersey.

alfie is actually such a funny dude. makes me laugh every time i listen to him.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Man - this is a fantastic read.

When Alfie talks about losing his mother during the Covid lockdowns, not being able to say goodbye in person, having to stay in Ottawa. And says she passed at 17:11 local time, 11:11 in Ottawa - man I started filling up In tears.

If you find the free time - give this a read.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Alfie was on the TSN intermission show last night with James Duthie, Luongo, and D. Sedin. They were asked which current player reminded them of themselves and Alie said Stone. He said something like "not a good skater, not a great shot, but finds a way to get it done, and has a great work ethic." Now I think Alfie was better than Stone by a good deal, and I think hes shortchanging himself on having a good shot, because he definitely did.

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
Alfie was on the TSN intermission show last night with James Duthie, Luongo, and D. Sedin. They were asked which current player reminded them of themselves and Alie said Stone. He said something like "not a good skater, not a great shot, but finds a way to get it done, and has a great work ethic." Now I think Alfie was better than Stone by a good deal, and I think hes shortchanging himself on having a good shot, because he definitely did.
Saw that. But I think we all can see he saw the same clutchness in stone, and has the same defensive awareness as Alfie. Stone will always be the one that got away IMO

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Screenshot_20221113_080749_The Athletic.jpg

That's not even a good deal today, let alone in the mid 1980s lol

Senovision

May 23, 2011
Congratulations to Alfie! The Sens game is being played at 5:30 tomorrow and at 7:30 the Hall of Fame Ceremonies start. I would be so nervous having to give a speech like that! I think I would faint!

DANIEL ALFREDSSON​

After being passed over for many years and eventually spurring a spirited social media campaign promoting his candidacy, Ottawa Senators franchise legend Daniel Alfredsson has finally made the cut and will enter Hall this weekend. In 1,246 career games, Alfredsson racked up 444 goals and 713 assists for 1,157 points, winning the Calder Trophy, the Mark Messier Leadership Award, and the King Clancy Award for his troubles.

Last edited:

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
View attachment 607477

That's not even a good deal today, let alone in the mid 1980s lol

idk man when was the last time you got a cone, you pay ten bucks for two scoops these days

though i agree it doesnt sound like that great of a deal at the time

Edit: OK, having read the article, they're talking about him bringing home a full-on hockey bag packed with tubs of ice cream, ice cream bars, etc. - as much as he could carry - so yeah, probably a better deal than it sounded at first

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
I hope the TML guttersnipes don't boo Alfie.

TSN has been running the interview promo which basically just replays the Tucker hit again and again and ignores his incredible career and what makes him a Hall of Famer. With that priming, don't count on it.

I would like to see the footage in a game where they had trackers on Samsanov and Alfie for a period. Samsanov basically never went back to his own end, Alfie covered the entire ice all game. It was so dramatic it was sicko. He could have cranked up a lot higher offensive totals if he was not the team player that made everyone playing with him better.

How many times did the try to break up the pizza line, but without Alfie Spezza and Heatley did not do much. He was the X factor that made it work. He did that his whole career. Hall of Fame worthy.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
If the hit against Tucker had been against a player from the Rangers, Islanders, Flyers, etc, it would be a footnote in history. It wouldn't have been anywhere near the big deal it was if he hadn't scored right after. And frankly, the fact that Farber brought up that play is unprofessional. It didn't end Tucker's career. What do you want him to say there? It would have been more appropriate to talk about the fake stick toss.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad