Confirmed with Link: Alfie to the Hall

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I am actually kind of shocked how low key this is on here as this is huge news.

Our first HHF inductee is the legend of the team; it feels right. The guy was part of so many special moments and the C during the regular season glory days, it is very special that he goes in.

I hope they have a nice ceremony for him and he comes back to the team in some capacity.

BTW how hard is it to get tickets to HOF ceremony? Do they even sell tickets or it's all private?

BTW I have never worked so hard to give out like and hearts for an entire thread.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Sundin was better.

When Ottawa gets new ownership then the push will happen.
He wasn't better. Extremely similar production, Alfie way better defensively. Was better in 2006 when Sweden won as well.

Glad Alfie got in. We'll deserved. Greatest Sen of all time and its not remotely close. He needs to he un upper management to stabilize this organization. This franchise needs his leadership and frankly needs his morals. The trickle down effect is the only thing that can take it to the next level and bring a championship pedigree. Ala Sakic, Yzerman etc.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
About fvcking time....Cant say I think much of the HHOF ,but there really shouldnt be one if a player like him isnt in it

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Copy/paste from another thread

This is only shocking to Sens/Alfie haters

Daniel Alfredsson is 35th all-time for ERA adjusted Points

1261 pts in 1246 GP, he played until 41 years old. Kinda hard to stay over PPG when you play until that age

That's more than Bobby Hull and Maurice Richard

3rd most points in the 2000's (1999-00 to 2009-10), just behind Thornton and Iginla (better PPG than Iginla)

And we're just talking about point totals here.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
He wasn't better. Extremely similar production, Alfie way better defensively. Was better in 2006 when Sweden won as well.

Glad Alfie got in. We'll deserved. Greatest Sen of all time and its not remotely close. He needs to he un upper management to stabilize this organization. This franchise needs his leadership and frankly needs his morals. The trickle down effect is the only thing that can take it to the next level and bring a championship pedigree. Ala Sakic, Yzerman etc.

I agree Alfie is deserving of his entry to the HHOF. Trickle Down is not sufficient. It needs to be engrained in the culture starting at the top of the organization.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
So happy for him, fantastic recognition for Daniel as well as the frnachise. Great day for the Senators

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I am actually kind of shocked how low key this is on here as this is huge news.

Our first HHF inductee is the legend of the team; it feels right. The guy was part of so many special moments and the C during the regular season glory days, it is very special that he goes in.

I hope they have a nice ceremony for him and he comes back to the team in some capacity.

BTW how hard is it to get tickets to HOF ceremony? Do they even sell tickets or it's all private?

BTW I have never worked so hard to give out like and hearts for an entire thread.

We definitely should have had a new thread for this news.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Well deserved. He was always underrated around the league during his career.

Given his NHL career, importance in establishing a franchise and his unbelievable international record this should have happened earlier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad