Confirmed with Link: Alfie to the Hall

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
no mention of melnyk?

love seeing the karlsson alfie bond

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I literally tear up whenever I hear people talk about Bran Murray. I don't know why, but in my head he's like family to me.

Nobody else in sports draws that reaction from me.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
One of the many things I admired about Alfie so much was his adaptability with lines. The coach could put him with just about anyone and the same effort, intensity, and skill would be there. Obviously the Pizza Line was the pinnacle, but he found ways to have success anywhere, and on both sides of the puck. It didn't matter if it was Arvedson and Bonk, McEachern and White, Michalek and Fisher, Kovalev and Regin, Conacher and Turris .... just amazing hockey sense, knew how to make his teammates better, and could always come up with the big play, and that wasn't always necessarily a goal or assist.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
One of the many things I admired about Alfie so much was his adaptability with lines. The coach could put him with just about anyone and the same effort, intensity, and skill would be there. Obviously the Pizza Line was the pinnacle, but he found ways to have success anywhere, and on both sides of the puck. It didn't matter if it was Arvedson and Bonk, McEachern and White, Michalek and Fisher, Kovalev and Regin, Conacher and Turris .... just amazing hockey sense, knew how to make his teammates better, and could always come up with the big play, and that wasn't always necessarily a goal or assist.

I think he sacrificed a lot of production over his career by being able to raise up lower lines in terms of his capacity as an offensive catalyst, as opposed to demanding to play on the #1 line at all times.

Reactions: bert and Karl Prime

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
I was looking at some numbers ... in 07-08, he had 34 goals, 73 points in his first 49 games. He didn't play less than 20 minutes in his first 44 games, and played over 24 minutes 19 times. It's a shame the team fell so hard after their 15-2 start because the Captain was a man on a mission.

• Wow
Reactions: OD99 and bert

LuckyPierre

Jul 1, 2010
I was looking at some numbers ... in 07-08, he had 34 goals, 73 points in his first 49 games. He didn't play less than 20 minutes in his first 44 games, and played over 24 minutes 19 times. It's a shame the team fell so hard after their 15-2 start because the Captain was a man on a mission.
Right. He had that 7 point game versus Tampa, and vaulted to the top of the scoring race at the all-star break.

Then he got hurt, and never was able to return to that level of production.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad