Confirmed with Link: Alfie is coming back!!!!

TheOriginalSilf*

I disagree.

I could see him signing in Florida or something to try and become the face of multiple franchises and be a part of the rebuilding process.

trololol

Why would alfredsson sign in florida? First of all, he wants to make another run for the cup. The teams in florida are really not contenders yet. The lightning won't be one until they fix there defense problems. The panthers were last team in the league this season. I do suspect that to change next season, but i doubt they will be contenders. Ottawa is more of a contender than any of the florida teams at this point. All the sens need to do is add one or two more people to the team and work on there offense troubles and they will be good to go.

Edit-Wow, i did not see that trololol at the bottom of the screen being that it was yellow and i just could not see it clearly on my computer screen. It shows up perfectly in the reply screen though. :(

You sir got lemon chiffon'd.

What does lemon chiffon'ed mean?

Textbook execution. This is what people dream about when dreaming of lemon chiffon'ing someone.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
We're not worthy! We're not worthy!

tumblr_mle3a9Cc6e1rhbk1zo2_500.gif

So god damn happy! (Sorry for blaspheming the capt'n)

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
I love alfie, have a poster of him outside my office.

But i ask you this:

Assuming he makes $5M (on the high end, but just assume), are the sens better off in 2013-14 with Alfie, or another $5M UFA ?

This question asks that you ignore the emotional angles, but fully factor in his leadership and influence on the young players.

I'm not sure i know the answer, but i do know that he will make a lot of $ that could be spent differently.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

But i ask you this:

Assuming he makes $5M (on the high end, but just assume), are the sens better off in 2013-14 with Alfie, or another $5M UFA ?

This question asks that you ignore the emotional angles, but fully factor in his leadership and influence on the young players.

I'm not sure i know the answer, but i do know that he will make a lot of $ that could be spent differently.

I think he may opt for less money being that he wants to make a run for the cup again and he probably knows full well that the team needs to add at least one more player in order for that to happen.
To answer your question though. I think alfie does need to be on the team for one more season to coach the young players a little more. I also think that the team needs to add a ufa player to team. So since alfie is resigning, i hope the sens are still able to sign a ufa player onto the team.

frow

Classless
Jan 9, 2013
Wooho, great news! Another year for the youngsters to soak some Alfie up, massive for this organization.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Pay him as much as he wants. Alfie has the heart of this team. I'd be happy to have him five years from now, even if he's playing 5 minutes a game on the fourth line.

Can't wait until his four sons go a perfect season as our first PK line.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Alfy! Alfy! Alfy! Alfy!
I love you!

that's all I have to say...

TheOriginalSilf*

Am I the only one thinking it wouldn't be out of the question to see him take as little as a 3M per deal?

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

But i ask you this:

Alfie is the heart and soul of this team and most of the young players look up to him and still need his guidance/presence in order to develop. Having him on the team for one more year has no downside whatsoever. Not to mention that the organization owes him all the respect for what he's done for this team and city. This shouldn't even be in question if you ask me.

Trevor Lahey

Jul 16, 2009
ON

But i ask you this:

:laugh:

Actual serious question? So you're asking if we are better off with Alfie or, say, Clarkson, Bickell or Dupuis? Even Clarkson is probably going to make more than $5m. Maybe we can throw $6.5X5 to cheese-string shoulder Horton. Or add ANOTHER centre in Weiss at $6.

This team is better off with Alfie no matter the cost.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I'm am so freakin' happy. I knew he was coming back but couldn't bare handle it until it was official even if him retiring was just 5% chance.

This will be enormous in terms of additional development of our young swedish stars, his olympic chance AND a potential deep run.

Most importantly, we keep our Captain and see who is fit to carry his legacy when he does infact call it quits.

I love you, Alfie.

Mercurial

#lalala
Oct 29, 2009
Am I the only one thinking it wouldn't be out of the question to see him take as little as a 3M per deal?

No, I could see him playing for $2M plus bonuses. He's done it before, doubt he really needs the money. Leave some space for more quality. Equally, also see Murray handing him a blank cheque.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Even if he gets a lot of $$$ (say, $6M) it would probably be for one year only anyway, so there's no downside. But yeah, he'll probably ask for less. Lots of interesting negotiation angles though: NTC? Asking for less but at the condition that a big FA is signed?

What are the next reachable milestones for him? Other than 1111 pots (coming very soon!), can't think of anything.

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
Alfie is currently 56th in all time scoring leaders with 1108 points and has a chance to jump to 49th passed Nick Lidstrom and Michel Goulet!! It would take a 40 point season to get this done.

A 58 point season would have him pass Bobby Hull for 48th and roughly a 70 point season would have him 47th passing Fedorov.

http://statshockey.homestead.com/alltimepoints.html

*note Thornton and Iginla are near Alfie in career points and could finish higher or lower than Alfie. The only solution is to trade for both of them and bench them :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad