Confirmed with Link: Alfie is coming back!!!!

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Kypreos says he's going to get upwards of 5 million to make up for playing so cheap this year. Does this mean we don't get a shiny new free agent?

First of all Kypreos is a complete tool

Never listen to him

It is conceivable that Alfie could ask for more money considering he did take a financial hit for last year

It's also conceivable that Murray will let him know of the internal budget and that if Alfie wants a good shot at the cup he might need to take less to allow Murray to get another top 6 player

Most likely it'll end up somewhere in the middle of those two scenarios

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Amazing. Will cheer for team Sweden.

We still need to sign a legit #1 RW though...Alfie cannot shoulder that load for 82 games in an olympic year.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I am glad that he is coming back, but i extremely hope this does not effect our ability to get another #1 winger.

kaws

Apr 10, 2010
woohoo-leo.gif

Mercurial

#lalala
Oct 29, 2009
It's not actually confirmed that he's back with us. He's a UFA, he may listen to other offers.

debbiedowner.jpg

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa
Glad he is back but he will have to sit out about 10-20 games I wager.

Last year was very much a Euro league esque season with a 48 game schedule.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
It's not actually confirmed that he's back with us. He's a UFA, he may listen to other offers.

debbiedowner.jpg

There is no chance he will sign with another team. He has already confirmed in another interview that occurred during the recent playoffs that he does not see himself playing for another team. He will most definitely play for the senators. Every article i read now states that his agent is currently working on a contract with bryan murray.

Topside

Jul 2, 2009
I would have been so crushed if he didn't come back. This made my weekend.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
There is no chance he will sign with another team. He has already confirmed in another interview that occurred during the recent playoffs that he does not see himself playing for another team. He will most definitely play for the senators. Every article i read now states that his agent is currently working on a contract with bryan murray.
I disagree.

I could see him signing in Florida or something to try and become the face of multiple franchises and be a part of the rebuilding process.

trololol

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Ian Mendes ‏@ian_mendes 38s

Murray adds: "We now will begin the process of negotiating a contract, which we hope to have completed in the near future."

Ian Mendes Ian Mendes ‏@ian_mendes 1m

Senators just released a statement from Bryan Murray confirming Alfredsson's intention to return next season.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
I would have been disappointed, but also excited at the same actually. I've been wondering for the past few years what this team would look like after Alfie and who would step up.

Bojovnik

Feb 11, 2007
England
Oh captain my captain.

Just give him a blank cheque and let him put whatever figure down he wants. He's earned it.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I disagree.

I could see him signing in Florida or something to try and become the face of multiple franchises and be a part of the rebuilding process.

trololol

Why would alfredsson sign in florida? First of all, he wants to make another run for the cup. The teams in florida are really not contenders yet. The lightning won't be one until they fix there defense problems. The panthers were last team in the league this season. I do suspect that to change next season, but i doubt they will be contenders. Ottawa is more of a contender than any of the florida teams at this point. All the sens need to do is add one or two more people to the team and work on there offense troubles and they will be good to go.

Edit-Wow, i did not see that trololol at the bottom of the screen being that it was yellow and i just could not see it clearly on my computer screen. It shows up perfectly in the reply screen though. :(

Patvolcom65

@Patvolcom65
Jul 4, 2011
New-Brunswick
Why would alfredsson sign in florida? First of all, he wants to make another run for the cup. The teams in florida are really not contenders yet. The lightning won't be one until they fix there defense problems. The panthers were last team in the league this season. I do suspect that to change next season, but i doubt they will be contenders. Ottawa is more of a contender than any of the florida teams at this point. All the sens need to do is add one or two more people to the team and work on there offense troubles and they will be good to go.

You sir got lemon chiffon'd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad