Player Discussion Alexis Lafreniere

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Based off recent softball pics uploaded, he looks like he’s still in “loves Cinnabon” shape.
Not good news.

Softball? f*** that. He needs to be on the ice every day or I think he's not taking this seriously enough.

FinRanger

Jan 15, 2013
Am I wrong, or does every chart show regression from his sophomore year?
Yes it looks like. The overall Projected war stat is projection for next year taking into account last 3 year's data. Don't know if the model takes into account age and the projected development in some ways. That is very hard or in many ways impossible to predict. The percentage means that according to that model Laf is projected to be better than 64 % of NHL forwards next season.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Yes it looks like. The overall Projected war stat is projection for next year taking into account last 3 year's data. Don't know if the model takes into account age and the projected development in some ways. That is very hard or in many ways impossible to predict. The percentage means that according to that model Laf is projected to be better than 64 % of NHL forwards next season.
That makes him firmly a 2nd line forward. I wouldn't hold my breath.

His path to a good NHL career is the Krieder way. Work on being a forechecking and net front menace. He has the frame to do it. He'll be out of the league in 5 years if he continues to go down the path of a finesse Quebecois type forward.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Been distracted with the Matthews contract announcement . Anyway, it’s a show me contract, no shocker He signed this. Laf has 2 years to prove himself. Still young, but I still have my doubts.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Plenty of cap for Kane. I think that’s pretty much the roster filled, right? Maybe a PTO or two?

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Maybe this low salary will be incentive for Laf to kick some butt next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad