Player Discussion Alexis Lafrenière

Status
Not open for further replies.

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
All I have to say is, Waaahhhh, Waaaahh, Waaaah! Why Alex, why?

And I will continue this tantrum until he either mans up or he's out of the league. Because right now, I honestly would not even put money on him having a long and successful career, let alone becoming what he was supposed to become.

13 points in 45 games, is not promising 5x5 numbers. I see a lot of folks saying "if he only had the PP time"..... If he only had significant PP time, then what? He's shown he'd be putting up points on the PP? Really? And comparing him to other players directly seems pretty irrelevant because no two players have the same experience and no two players develop identically. He's not Zegras, or MacKinnon or whomever. But if he also hasn't looked as good on the ice as they and others do/did either. Right now, he looks like he's developing into an ok bottom 6 guy....

I honestly do not think he has shown enough on the ice to be more optimistic. People get hyperbolic in both directions. He's not yet a bust, nor is he definitely not a bust. But I honestly do not like how he's developed so far. And I certainly don't think it's only a matter of more minutes and more PP. Maybe one day, he'll be as good as..... Lawson Crouse, just with less physical presence.

Last edited:

mottosays

Feb 1, 2022

And I will continue this tantrum until he either mans up or he's out of the league. Because right now, I honestly would not even put money on him having a long and successful career, let alone becoming what he was supposed to become.

13 points in 45 games, is not promising 5x5 numbers. I see a lot of folks saying "if he only had the PP time"..... If he only had significant PP time, then what? He's shown he'd be putting up points on the PP? Really? And comparing him to other players directly seems pretty irrelevant because no two players have the same experience and no two players develop identically. He's not Zegras, or MacKinnon or whomever. But if he also hasn't looked as good on the ice as they and others do/did either. Right now, he looks like he's developing into an ok bottom 6 guy....

I honestly do not think he has shown enough on the ice to be more optimistic. People get hyperbolic in both directions. He's not yet a bust, nor is he definitely not a bust. But I honestly do not like how he's developed so far. And I certainly don't think it's only a matter of more minutes and more PP. Maybe one day, he'll be as good as..... Lawson Crouse, just with less physical presence.

People still say this shit?

mottosays

Feb 1, 2022
You can't say we've had an honest assessment of Lafreniere when we have yet to see him consistently given top six minutes or consistent PP time. That's the key here.

All of his points are 5v5 points thus far in his career on the third line, and he's done well given the context.

I'm reserving judgment until we see him on the top line more, and given more PP time.

I understand some people have the attention span of a TikTok user and no patience, but I'm not one of them.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
You can't say we've had an honest assessment of Lafreniere when we have yet to see him consistently given top six minutes or consistent PP time. That's the key here.

All of his points are 5v5 points thus far in his career on the third line, and he's done well given the context.

I'm reserving judgment until we see him on the top line more, and given more PP time.

I understand some people have the attention span of a TikTok user and no patience, but I'm not one of them.
You have to earn top 6 minutes. How do you think every other player who has played in this league got into the top 6? From what I have seen he has been a bubble top 6 player since he has started and he's had chances in the top 6 before to prove that he belongs there and didn't do much to stay there (hence why he's bounced around back into the bottom 6). This wahh he never gets top 6 minutes argument has gotten really old.

Scott r

Feb 10, 2021

Very very true

Scott r

Feb 10, 2021

If you take away the empty net goals...his numbers are even worse and 3 assists ??

Reactions: CasusBelli

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014

this will not age well, kids a stud

Reactions: mottosays

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016

Lame

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
I think his general lack of ice time is more responsible for his production woes than who he plays with. There is only so much you can do playing 13 minutes a game with little to no PP time. Towards the end of last season when Quinn finally bumped up his ice time a little bit he finished with 8 points in 12 games.

Now I am not insisting that he DESERVES more ice time, but show me another player his age who's averaging 13 min a game with no PP time who's producing at a considerably greater clip. Can't imagine there are too many out there.

Also, his 3 assists in 45 games looks horrific on paper but is completely misrepresentative of his ability to make plays. He has good vision and has shown decent ability to make plays and set up teammates. Think law of averages will prevail soon in that regard

Reactions: McSauer and mas0764

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
You realize the vast majority of Kreider’s 33 goals are open net tap-ins, yes?

Literally right on the doorstep tap-ins via great passing from Zibanejad, Panarin or Fox.
Oh no. Don’t feed the trolls. Hahaha.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Now I am not insisting that he DESERVES more ice time, but show me another player his age who's averaging 13 min a game with no PP time who's producing at a considerably greater clip. Can't imagine there are too many out there.
The comparable THEY don't want you to know:

Lafreniere: 12:07 ES, 1:22 PP, .29 Pts/GP
Seth Jarvis: 12:37 ES, 1:25 PP, .55 Pts/GP
Anton Lundell: 13:05 ES, 0:37 PP, .70 Pts/GP (ignoring his two SHP)

Jarvis was also a healthy scratch for the Hurricanes' first 7 games of the season. Imagine if that happened here.

Obviously those two are playing with better players, but the ideas that no other team is giving their young players sparing ice time and you can't develop if you're not playing 18 minutes a night need to die.

Reactions: Scott r and Lua

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
You realize the vast majority of Kreider’s 33 goals are open net tap-ins, yes?

Literally right on the doorstep tap-ins via great passing from Zibanejad, Panarin or Fox.
No they aren’t. I just watched a compilation of all 33 goals. Very few open nets. A lot of perfect deflections, a couple snipes.

Anyway, Laf is supposed to be a playmaker. Gotta bump those assist numbers.

Reactions: Scott r

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad