Player Discussion Alexis Lafrenière: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Most of Kreider's league-leading 33 goals are tap-ins.

So that's okay though?
I think the part is that when laf scores his tap ins it makes a lot of people ignore that for most of the games the play dies with him. Kreider usually drives play when he isn't scoring his tap ins.

I say this as someone who really is pulling for laf to continue his development. Their games when they aren't scoring couldn't be different as far as effectiveness, we just need to hope laf continues to develop.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
I think the part is that when laf scores his tap ins it makes a lot of people ignore that for most of the games the play dies with him. Kreider usually drives play when he isn't scoring his tap ins.

I say this as someone who really is pulling for laf to continue his development. Their games when they aren't scoring couldn't be different as far as effectiveness, we just need to hope laf continues to develop.

Kreider drives play?

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Kreider drives play?
Oh we are back to 2018 comments where he isn't noticeable?

The guy forechecks, backchecks, stretches d by moving his feet, and often times goes to areas others won't. Those things drive a team. He isn't a perfect player but he is damn effective.

Reactions: Row I Goon

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Many keep pointing out how he has some lucky goals, but he’s also had just as many, if not more, assists lost due to linemates inability to finish. Love the kid’s swagger and what the future holds now that he has the skilled linemates to go with the increased confidence.

When every goal is "lucky" maybe its not luck. Hes looked extremely solid with Mika/Kreider. After the break Gallant needs to go Laf-Mika-Kreider & Panarin-Strome-Kakko, theres no excuse.

RonaldNeptune

Nov 13, 2017
Felt like I saw glimpses of his speed improving. One play in particular he deflected a pass out of our zone at the point, d saw it coming but he nearly chased him down

mottosays

Feb 1, 2022
How has Laf looked lately? Asides from the two goals? Work till midnight so I miss the games

He looks like he shouldn't be removed from the top line at all.

All three players had a slowish start to the season, especially Zibanejad, and so Gallant changed it up immediately. Now that they've got half a season to get going, they've been reunited and so far they've looked really good.

So Lafreniere needs to stay with Zibanejad and Kreider and then Kakko should slot right back in with Panarin and Strome. There's your top six. Don't f*** with it. The solution has always been to put those two youngsters with those four. The real work that needs sorting is the bottom six.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
I love that he’s scoring in the dirty areas and hitting wide open nets. Remember how much its been a problem for years that the Rangers kept missing gimmes, gaping net goals? Or making no brainer plays. Of course the Rangers still have these issues but Its a welcome change. And I feel like ive been repeating “welcome change” a lot this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sockosensei and CLW

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
He looks like he shouldn't be removed from the top line at all.

All three players had a slowish start to the season, especially Zibanejad, and so Gallant changed it up immediately. Now that they've got half a season to get going, they've been reunited and so far they've looked really good.

So Lafreniere needs to stay with Zibanejad and Kreider and then Kakko should slot right back in with Panarin and Strome. There's your top six. Don't f*** with it. The solution has always been to put those two youngsters with those four. The real work that needs sorting is the bottom six.

Yes. Get the kids into the top 6. Sink or swim make it work. Then get started on figuring out a competent 3rd line because our best 4th is Rooney-Goodrow-Reaves

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
umZsk5d.png

Every system in the NHL going all y2k every time a name with a special character pops up :laugh:

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
When every goal is "lucky" maybe its not luck. Hes looked extremely solid with Mika/Kreider. After the break Gallant needs to go Laf-Mika-Kreider & Panarin-Strome-Kakko, theres no excuse.
if he plays like he did in spurts last night than yes, and I really hope he can build on this. having a game like this prior to a break can do wonders for a young player and if he comes back in and has a productive couple of games when we get back from the break he might really take off.

Reactions: McSauer

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Felt like I saw glimpses of his speed improving. One play in particular he deflected a pass out of our zone at the point, d saw it coming but he nearly chased him down
That play stood out to me as well. He really forced the D back and looked confident and assertive in doing so. Very happy to see that.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Yes. Get the kids into the top 6. Sink or swim make it work. Then get started on figuring out a competent 3rd line because our best 4th is Rooney-Goodrow-Reaves

With mid-tier rental costs! Now you and I can get on the same page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad