Player Discussion Alexis Lafrenière: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Kreider's "process" has him at 33 goals at age 30. Hopefully Laffy Taffy figures it out a little bit earlier lol.
. People act like CK has been a disappointment up until this year lol. Our fans need patience but can’t just look at goals scored as “figuring it out”. I’m happy with Laffy because his overall game even though the points haven’t shown up on the scoresheet yet that’s fine

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Context and patience.

I'm getting really tired of this narrative that you're either Connor McDavid or a bust.

After reading your posts on the mainboard thread, you are the one concocting this narrative. It's been repeatedly explained to you that based on where he was drafted and the projected as a prospect he should be better right now, but he's not. No one expects McDavid, no one is calling him a bust yet.

Reactions: brakeyawself

mottosays

Feb 1, 2022
After reading your posts on the mainboard thread, you are the one concocting this narrative. It's been repeatedly explained to you that based on where he was drafted and the projected as a prospect he should be better right now, but he's not. No one expects McDavid, no one is calling him a bust yet. People are disappointed which is understandable

Not at all.

It's not that disappointing when you understand the context of the situation. People that are disappointed don't.

I'll be disappointed when he's getting the necessary PP time and top six minutes and still not producing.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Not at all.

It's not that disappointing when you understand the context of the situation. People that are disappointed don't.

I'll be disappointed when he's getting the necessary PP time and top six minutes and still not producing.
There is a lot of truth to this. So many players pad their stats with touches on the PP, so if you compare Laf ,who gets next to no PP time, to someone who is getting a ton on PP time, there is going to be issues with the comparison.

Last edited:
Reactions: mottosays

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Where would Laf be if he got consistent PP1 time?

Like say - Zegras? Who leads his team in PP TOI - 57% of the team share at 107 minutes, averaging 2:33 per game?

Compare that to Laf who is 29.4% of the team share at 61 minutes total.

And we've all seen it outside of some recent games where he jumps on basically in the final 30 seconds starting with the puck in their own zone on Shesterkins stick. He doesnt get real PP time. They seldom have time to set up and if they do its about 10 seconds time, with a rotating PP2 unit around him.

Gotta think pure, every day PP time would get him somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 G, 7 Assists over 45 games. Which coincidentally, is exactly the PP line for Zegras.

He would be at 13G, 10A - 23P on pace for 42P. I'd say that's right in line for a 20 year old typical - not generational 1OA. There was a debate about him a "generational" talent but lets not kid ourselves. Before he was a Ranger no one really thought that.

Last edited:

mottosays

Feb 1, 2022
Where would Laf be if he got consistent PP1 time?

Like say - Zegras? Who leads his team in PP TOI - 57% of the team share at 107 minutes, averaging 2:33 per game?

Compare that to Laf who is 29.4% of the team share at 61 minutes total.

And we've all seen it outside of some recent games where he jumps on basically in the final 30 seconds starting with the puck in their own zone on Shesterkins stick. He doesnt get real PP time. They seldom have time to set up and if they do its about 10 seconds time, with a rotating PP2 unit around him.

Gotta think pure, every day PP time would get him somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 G, 7 Assists over 45 games. Which coincidentally, is exactly the PP line for Zegras.

He would be at 13G, 10A - 23P on pace for 42P. I'd say that's right in line for a 20 year old typical - not generational 1OA. There was a debate about him a "generational" talent but lets not kid ourselves. Before he was a Ranger no one really thought that.

This is exactly what I said on the main board here.

Rangers Overtly Killing Lafreniere’s Career

Cause this jerkoff said this:

I'm sure Lafreniere would get more PP time if he had more than 0 points in over 2 hours of PP time lol

He has over two hours of PP time for his career, because most of it is in :20 or :30 spurts in 101 games.

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad