Waived: Alexey Marchenko on waivers

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Man, wasn't this the kid that was suppose to be a nice add; because Babs would have known something and they wouldn't have grabbed him otherwise... and the Leafs made out like bandits with a kid who'd be a good bottom pairing guy?

No...he was always touted as a 6/7/8 type guy by leaf fans and haters alike.

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
They dont have the option to remove Marincin completely off their roster like they do with Marchenko. He wants to go to Russia and the Leafs will gladly take the cap space and, maybe more importantly right now, the roster/contract spot (helps with the 50 contract limit).

Also, hes not a good dman.

That makes more sense now lol, but i would still rather take Marchenko over Marincin, but obviously as you pointed out they have different situations.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
because

cropped_GettyImages-665956346.jpg

that

Another lefty?

Meh.

He'd just end up competing with Dermott, Rosen, Borgman and Neilsen. Likely doing so with the Marlies.

orbiter11

Sep 11, 2014
Not to mention were probably going to sign Polak, if hell take a million for one year. Marincin has no business in the NHL in my opinion,and we have a plethora of players vying to be our 5/6 D man. Its a tricky situation that Lou will work out in training camp. Personally as long as the cap space works id prefer to have Polak as my 7th d man over Marchenko, Marincin or Franson.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Not to mention were probably going to sign Polak, if hell take a million for one year. Marincin has no business in the NHL in my opinion,and we have a plethora of players vying to be our 5/6 D man. Its a tricky situation that Lou will work out in training camp. Personally as long as the cap space works id prefer to have Polak as my 7th d man over Marchenko, Marincin or Franson.

I highly doubt the leafs will lose gin polak. He would take up cap space and a roster spot that the leafs need. Besides, they have plenty of defenders fighting for the bottom pair.

sharksisles4

Aug 15, 2017
Like others have said, he wasn't extraordinary, but he definitely had potential to be an NHL regular to some extent.

Oh well.. it happens.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Rielly Zaitsev
Gardiner Carrick
Hainsey ________
________

Dermott Rosen Borgman Liljegren Marincin Holl Valiev Nielsen maybe Polak. We'll see who steps up in training camp.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Rielly Zaitsev
Gardiner Carrick
Hainsey ________
________

Dermott Rosen Borgman Liljegren Marincin Holl Valiev Nielsen maybe Polak. We'll see who steps up in training camp.

It's gonna be

Reilly-hainsey
Gardener-zaitsev
_______-carrick

The blank is filled with one of dermott, rosen, borgman, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad