Player Discussion: Alexandre Texier

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Jarmo’s greatest skill was finding depth forwards. Unfortunately depth forwards, on their own, don’t win you Cups.
And depth forwards are a dime a dozen in the NHL. It comes down to to efficiency in spending at those positions. Don't overpay and get adequate production from those players.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
And depth forwards are a dime a dozen in the NHL. It comes down to to efficiency in spending at those positions. Don't overpay and get adequate production from those players.

Some of these guys are much more effective than others. Some 4th lines get outscored handily and the rest of the team has to make up for it.

I remember Jarmo thought $1.3m x 3 was too much for Derek Mackenzie, who was a great 4C for us. A year later we were so desperate to fill that hole that we paid $1.5m x 2 to Greg Campbell, who was bad.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Some of these guys are much more effective than others. Some 4th lines get outscored handily and the rest of the team has to make up for it.

I remember Jarmo thought $1.3m x 3 was too much for Derek Mackenzie, who was a great 4C for us. A year later we were so desperate to fill that hole that we paid $1.5m x 2 to Greg Campbell, who was bad.
He played more like Glen Campbell.

• Haha
Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

it's a fine line, like having Kuraly as a 2.5 million 4th liner in a healthy lineup.

A 1.5 cap hit for Texier in a 4th line role is perfectly acceptable if that's is what he's willing to accept on his next deal. That's his current cap hit and he hasn't really earned a huge increase but if he's looking for over 2 for that role then there needs to be some questions asked. Maybe he's worth it and maybe not. It depends on what they see his role being.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
it's a fine line, like having Kuraly as a 2.5 million 4th liner in a healthy lineup.

A 1.5 cap hit for Texier in a 4th line role is perfectly acceptable if that's is what he's willing to accept on his next deal. That's his current cap hit and he hasn't really earned a huge increase but if he's looking for over 2 for that role then there needs to be some questions asked. Maybe he's worth it and maybe not. It depends on what they see his role being.

I'd say it's a fine line if a team is competing. Rebuilding squads short on veterans would often be smarter to pay for the right guys in the room, and there really aren't great alternative options for the money.

For Texier I think a $2m+ cap hit wouldn't be bad short term but it would put a clock on him where he has to improve to keep his place and get his next deal.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I'd say it's a fine line if a team is competing. Rebuilding squads short on veterans would often be smarter to pay for the right guys in the room, and there really aren't great alternative options for the money.

For Texier I think a $2m+ cap hit wouldn't be bad short term but it would put a clock on him where he has to improve to keep his place and get his next deal.
2x2 would be perfectly acceptable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad