Player Discussion: Alexandre Texier

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
Poor pr management when jarmo keeps saying one thing and tex continues to be "undecided". And tex starts to come off a bit arrogant or wishy washy or whatever, if I were jarmo I'd be looking elsewhere just to be able to plan for next season.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Poor pr management when jarmo keeps saying one thing and tex continues to be "undecided". And tex starts to come off a bit arrogant or wishy washy or whatever, if I were jarmo I'd be looking elsewhere just to be able to plan for next season.
I assume Jarmo talks to his agent, and got the different message from that route. A weird situation, but it's not like Tex is a guaranteed top 6 guy, so not a big issue from CBJ standpoint

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Listen if he wants to play somewhere other than the NHL let him.
He's the one (for personal reasons) that left the team.

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City
If he comes back, good. I think he could be a decent middle six forward while young guys develop.
If he doesn't come back, also good. There are plenty of young players coming in the next 1-2 seasons.
Wish him the best

Reactions: Halberdier and LJ7

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I figured we'd just make a whole threat on this situation rather than spreading it among a few threads.

What we know:

1. Jarmo and the CBJ expected him to return this season after they granted him unpaid leave the year before due to mental health problems.
2. Jarmo and the CBJ granted permission for him to return to Zurich this season to play and help him get through some mental health problems he'd been going through.
3. Jarmo at the trade deadline said he had been given word from Texier himself that he would return next season and he would be a big boost to the group. They had been in constant contact throughout the season and Jarmo even visited him at least once.
4. Now today, Texier has said that nothing is decided and he doesn't know whether or not he will return to the NHL yet. His CBJ contract is still in effect if he decides to return.

Reactions: ThirdPeriodTurtle

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
4. Now today, Texier has said that nothing is decided and he doesn't know whether or not he will return to the NHL yet. His CBJ contract is still in effect if he decides to return.

Is there an actual quote from Tex to this effect?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Is there an actual quote from Tex to this effect?
In the above article:

For now, however, Texier has a valid contract with Columbus for the next season, and the Blue Jackets expect to have him back then, as GM Jarmo Kekäläinen told the US media two weeks ago. The Frenchman himself states that nothing has been decided yet.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Confidence and self assuredness are common threads in successful athletes. I’m not sure Tex has that in him now. It might be best for all if he stays in Europe. I do wish him well going forward.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I guess it comes down to his personal issues and desire to stay in Europe close to his home country.

He was very good last season until getting injured to a point where he was the best forward on the team, so the confidence was there

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I guess it comes down to his personal issues and desire to stay in Europe close to his home country.

Of course it does and I’ve always allowed that it’s his decision to make and that we can’t know what’s right for him.

The trouble we have at this juncture though is that Jarmo told us one thing a couple weeks ago and Tex seems to be telling us something different now. It’s either an issue with Jarmo or with Tex.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Not that he's correct, but on Portzline's pod this week he was asked about this and he indicated that Tex said he was holding off on any discussing with media, although he may have said Columbus media, out of respect for his current team. When the season is over for him he said he'll interview with AP. He felt strongly he's coming but I guess it gives us more to bitch about.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I think the issue for fans is the indecisiveness we are hearing through the media. Perhaps there is no indecisiveness for Tex and Jarmo knows the real deal, but the back and forth we hear inn the media is a roller coaster ride for us. He's coming, he's not, he's coming, maybe he's not. Personally, I suspect Tex, his agent, Jarmo and his Swiss team all know his actual intentions for next season but its not be shared with media at this time.

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
Sometimes [EDIT - MOST TIMES RECENTLY]I think JK is the arrogant one - he takes a candid conversation and pushes it one step further in the media than how the conversation actually happened. JK should do less talking to the media, imo. I've thought JK's doing ok with drafting, trades, etc. but his people skills (or more precisely lack thereof) are starting to wear thin on me. {EDIT - Some of this colored by Gavrikov's comments in an Athletic article yesterday (or today) that he got tired of hearing all the bad things about him last summer during negotiations. You can negotiate hard without tearing down your player...JK either hands out the contract like candy or plays stupid hardball, with no in between....hmmmmm, no gray area comment arising again].

Last edited:
Reactions: MoeBartoli

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
Of course it does and I’ve always allowed that it’s his decision to make and that we can’t know what’s right for him.

The trouble we have at this juncture though is that Jarmo told us one thing a couple weeks ago and Tex seems to be telling us something different now. It’s either an issue with Jarmo or with Tex.
Jarmo.
Overplaying his hand or overstating a position seems to be one of his traits - maybe in part because there is no gray in his world.
Jarmo asks Tex if he'll be here next year...Tex says he'd like to be in Columbus, that's his goal....Jarmo turns that into "Tex is definitely going to be here next year."

Almost like Jarmo says it like that to the media, thinking that it gains leverage on getting Tex to come. When in all candor, if I'm the player and the GM does this, I'm less likely to come back.

And yes, this is all conjecture. I think Tex will be a good player - but I'm overall meh about him.
This is more about my own start of losing patience with JK (whether justified or not).

Last edited:

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
I wouldn't be surprised if Tex actually doesn't know which way he wants to go. If he has NHL aspirations he probably should come back but if he still doesn't feel like it, it's a tough decision...

Not a good look for Jarmo to say what he said though, he should have enough experience to know nothing's set in stone until Tex arrives in the locker room.

Anyway if he comes back, great, if not we'll have some other players to at least try to fill in. Hopefully everybody knows the situation in the offseason, sooner rather than later...

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad