Rumor: Alexandre Carrier to Boston

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
1708284857294.png

Sweeney likes to roll with 7-8 NHL D for the post season. Carrier would either push one of the bottom pairing down or Don is looking to move a D in a separate deal(Dont have the cap for Carrier currently)

Reactions: hn777

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
He has the third most PK minutes among Preds defensemen

I would argue he's the second best PKing dman on the team behind McDonagh

Sorry - I didn't see that.

I was talking to my buddy about him earlier in the week and he sent me this and since PK was N/A I just figured he wasn't PKing

Checking daily face off shows him with McDonagh on the 1st PK unit.

I haven't seen many Predator games this year.

1708284897638.png

Reactions: hn777

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
View attachment 821904

Sweeney likes to roll with 7-8 NHL D for the post season. Carrier would either push one of the bottom pairing down or Don is looking to move a D in a separate deal(Dont have the cap for Carrier currently)
To add:

On the Boston right side you have:
McAvoy
Carlo
Shattenkirk

Adding Carrier would allow them to rotate Shattenkirk and manage his minutes. He is more an offensive D that has to be deployed as such at this point in his career. In Carrier we get a solid Physical D that shores up our right side very nicely.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Yeah the Bruins waived Steen but he's a forward on an affordable contract. Why would he be the one to go to make room for Carrier?

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
To add:

McAvoy
Carlo
Shattenkirk

Adding Carrier would allow them to rotate Shattenkirk and manage his minutes. He is more an offensive D that has to be deployed as such at this point in his career. In Carrier we get a solid Physical D that shores up our right side very nicely.

Yeah. My first reaction was, "wouldn't they prefer a LHD". But pushing Shattenkirk into more of a spare/rotation sort of role wouldn't be the worst idea. Though i'd still think a LHD would help the depth more overall.

I'm not sure you're really getting a "solid Physical D" in Carrier though. He's not really soft, but he's decidedly on the small side and is really just more of an "safe, efficient" sort of player.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I get that they would unload him I would not trade him just for the sake of trading.

He's a good, youngish defenseman who has clearly room to grow still. If it's only for like a 2nd, I am not jumping for joy for that.

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
To add:

McAvoy
Carlo
Shattenkirk

I would not call him physical. He doesn't totally shy away from contact but he's a positional defender

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I get that they would unload him I would not trade him just for the sake of trading.

He's a good, youngish defenseman who has clearly room to grow still. If it's only for like a 2nd, I am not jumping for joy for that.

I wouldn't mind another 2nd tbh, let's corner the market, one of them will hopefully end up a star. Clears room on the defense too.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Only $800,000? Doesn't seem like much as Carrier has a $2.5 million cap hit.

Now I would get it if the reason was to clear a NHL roster space.

They still haven’t put Poitras on LTIR either so every little bit counts.

Plus he stinks.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
So where’s the actual rumors that tweet is referring to? Andy and Rono aren’t insiders. They just post cards. So what rumor are they referencing here? If none, it’s not a rumor at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad