Prospect Info: Alexander Romanov - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
he plays like a beast only thing he needs to work on are his deep pinch into the offense its all fine once in a while.but once it tuens into a goal Claude wont appreciate it as much. he needs to make sure someone is there to cover his ass. but its been mostly the case.

he has been pretry amazing so far. and already building a bro love with Carey.. I mean who would like that nice smile Romy has.. he is an honest player that plays all in and at his best of his capacity. I think the players know it. he doesnt cheat much.

its very very early but we know already wr have a elite player in the making.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
How the hell did this guy fall into the 2nd. Maybe his agent was right about where he should have been drafted.

Been a while since Timmins stole a player. Like, 10 years (Gallagher).
When was the last Russian D prospect not playing in the CHL that went as high as Romanov in a draft?

We are seeing a trend with Sergachev, Chayka, Samorukov, Alexeev ect in the last few years that comes to the CHL to develop properly in order to make the CHL, but Romanov was drafted straight from Russia...

Reactions: Jabba11

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
When was the last Russian D prospect not playing in the CHL that went as high as Romanov in a draft?

Very true. Which basically echoes what his agent was saying.

Btw, all of your boys (Seider, Miller, ect) we doing well.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
One of the things I like most of the 8.5 periods I've seen of him in the NHL is how hard he works to fix any mistakes.

He's been great transitionally and offensively, and even generally in his own zone. But he's had a few mistakes that could have been bad. On each occasion he's gone full super sayan and worked his butt off to kill the play.

It's a good quality to have that a few others in the league have also.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Very true. Which basically echoes what his agent was saying.

Btw, all of your boys (Seider, Miller, ect) we doing well.
Yep Miller playing as a 20 yrd on the RAGS, while Bode Wilde is nowhere to be found...

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
His puck skills are superior than what I thought/what I saw from the limited viewings I had of him. He's also willing to shoot the puck a lot and seems to find good shooting lanes so far. Really impressed with his game with the puck, I didn't have any expectations tbh but I'm still surprised.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
I repeat what I wrote already..

Romanov will be a fan favorite early on because of his:

Grit
Great gap
Mobility
Charisma
Speed.
Attitude

He is the kind of player that the puck always find him.

In a normal season of 82 games..he would start on the third pair but finish with Weber.

That was my take on him over a month ago

Yarice

Oct 28, 2011
I had really high expectations on Romanov at the beginning of the year, but he is playing even better than I thought he would. I love to watch him play, and to me, sky is the limit with him.

Will probably be my favourite habs player for a loooong time (Even if I also love Suzuki)

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Congrats Alex!

tenor.gif

Reactions: Dutronc

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I know Romanov's first NHL goal was already posted by our quick draw gunslinger @sandviper in this thread, so here's a different version:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad