Alexander Perezhogin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Crusher20 said:
what do you think he will produce in the nhl and what style do you compare him, its seem like he doesnt have enough credit or too much? post you honest opinion

I think he'll produce, but he'll need a little bit of time to do it. He won't contend for any rookie-of-the-year honours, and might need to break in slowly before fully realising his offensive potential. Eventually, I think he will produce.

I would compare him in that regard in some ways to a guy like Slava Kozlov... he can handle the puck and he can shoot or make plays, he's basically talented in all offensive areas. (Although he's a bit bigger and stronger on his skates and should eventually be more willing to play in traffic than Kozlov was). Or maybe a Sergei Zholtok, only again, smoother skater and more consistent. But that general kind of offensive impact. That would be my _prediction_. Sort of a 30-goal guy, with maybe a max season around a pt-per-game, but generally a bit lower. A solid 2nd line offensive player in today's game.

That said, one always likes to predict a bit conservatively (well... maybe that's not so true around here!)... there is some chance that Perezhogin could emerge to be a larger offensive force than I've suggested, but that would have to count as a pleasant surprise for Habs fans. If Kastitsyn is the 1st line scoring winger for the team, I like Perezhogin backing him up as a 2nd line threat. A few years down the road. If all goes well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad