Status
Not open for further replies.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
@IgorEronko
Alexander Burmistrov to Prosports.ru: ‘I will almost certainly return to #NHL; next summer will be defining’ #Jets #KHL

http://prosports.ru/articles/burmistrov-2014
Google Translation
At least I tried. Before the World Cup, you refused to say that with your career overseas. They said that will solve the summer. Judging by the fact that now in the form of "Ak Bars", you decide for yourself.

- I just have one more year of the contract. And really I would be determined by the following summer. In any case do not believe that for me the story of the NHL shut down. Certainly return there.

But there's so much you will not receive.

- For me the money now do not play any role. Have a dream.

"Winnipeg" tries to have exchanged.

- I know, but this way I can not influence. I would like to get into the club, where I play, but I have no preferences and wishes. If exchanged, we will only accept this.

3, 2, 1....

Last edited:

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
So he doesn't mind where he plays but would like to return to the NHL and would prefer to return to Winnipeg or am I reading this wrong.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
So he doesn't mind where he plays but would like to return to the NHL and would prefer to return to Winnipeg or am I reading this wrong.

My basic understanding of it is this:

Where he plays, how much he makes, and what role he has does not matter so much as playing in the NHL does. His beef was with Claude Noel, not the organisation itself. We know that Chevy kept communication lines open all this time, so we'll have to wait and see.

All I know is I want Burmi back.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I heard rumblings that he and the current coach might have had a good long talk that went VERY well but I didn't really pay attention to it because I thought The natural price gap bwtween the two leagues was too big for it to ever make sense for Alex to return to the NHL until he reached UFA status.

This is an interesting development depending on the translation and whether Alex still feels this way after the KHL season ends. Love him or hate him this is a positive day for the jets in the Asset Managment category.

RaakaArska

Jul 14, 2014
Always nice to hear these kind of news.:handclap: Not those "Jets resign Thorburn..."

Can't wait to have him back!

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Nice to hear, it is less likely we have lost an asset. Probably 50/50 he gets "exchanged" but at least we'd get something of value in return. Too bad something couldn't be worked out for this season. We have a glaring hole in our top 9 that he'd fill nicely.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
From the Frolik thread, a couple of weeks ago:

One other thing I've been meaning to add to the mix...
Frolik arrived here last year with little fanfare, a tepid record with the Hawks, and no expectation that he would cost $20-25 million to retain.
Who cared anyway? We were still beating up on each other about Burmi's defection to the KHL.
My first response to the Frolik trade, in the wake of the Burmi debacle, was something like (too lazy to look it up), "...this guy will make you forget all about Burmi...."

Now that Frolik's long-term future with us is in question, I'll turn it right around, like so:

Wouldn't it be ironic if we lost Frolik, but used the $20 million thus saved to re-sign Burmi long term in 2015?:naughty:

Best case scenario is we sign both to long term, fair contracts. But we could have any permutation of one, both, none and good assets in trade for either or both.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Good news, although hardly surprising. I was never under the impression that Burmi would spend the rest of his prime years in the KHL.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Surprise surprise.

Follows exactly the type of person Burmistrov is. His dream was to play in the KHL for his home team AK Bars, and play in the NHL. He fulfilled one dream.

I've been saying all along that Alex would eventually come back and that it was about more than money. I just wish it was this year and not next.

Can't wait to see you in a Jets uni again Burmi, I wouldn't even mind if you wore 69 (though the NHL/ Jets would never allow it.) Maybe 88?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad