Player Discussion Alexandar Georgiev

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Alex will get some games down the stretch but really we need do what’s best to have
Igor ready to go when the playoffs start and the tougher games against potential playoff opponents like tonight vs. the Penguins or the games left against the Canes should be for Igor. We’re going to go as far as Igor is going to take us.

I wasn’t upset that we held on to Alex past the deadline. Trading him we would have had to find another goalie and whatever assets we could have gained might have gone getting that new backup. All that said we can’t afford to qualify him and if he wants out anyway then……but that’s really an off season problem.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
If he can be packaged w. Nemeth I expect an AHL body dump/salary that can be buried and a 6th

If not a 4th for Georgiev alone

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
AC72D50E-BA6B-486E-A91E-19456D052813.jpeg

How do we feel about this if it’s true?

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
He's an RFA with a QO amount that the Rangers couldn't afford to make, even if they wanted to (which they don't, because based on his play, he's worth maybe half of the QO). So his rights will almost assuredly be traded, and that will be that.

I wouldn't say exactly he was worth half what he makes because maybe after he moves he plays 40/50 games for some team but in the Rangers current cap situation with him behind the reigning Vezina winner not re-signing him is just about the easiest cost control measure we can make. Rangers definitely don't need a backup making nearly $3 mil a year. The teams really interested in him though are likely going to give him a chance to become an NHL starter (a role change that calls for more $'s) and if he does well enough playing more that does put him more in the range of $3 maybe $4 mil per. I'd note that there are a lot of starting goalies around the league who really ain't that hot. Even the SC winning goalie was basically more a product of his team than anything fantastic. The Rangers really have been spoiled the last 20 years between Henrik and Igor.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Apparently there’s some article in the Athletic that says Georgiev & Gauthier requested trades
I doubt it. Why the f*** would Gauthier sign a contract then? Like do you think he's more tradeble now? He wasn't getting a bigger contract from anyone else.

Georgiev I understand, because he could be a part of a tandem on another team.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I don't get the hate for this guy, at this stage and age of his career, who would like to be the backup behind Shesty? It would be better to have a veteran that has accepted the backup role.

I don’t hate him he just makes too much on the cap so let’s get some mid round picks to flip at the deadline

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I don’t hate him he just makes too much on the cap so let’s get some mid round picks to flip at the deadline
I think it's best for both parties to move on, it has been the case ever since Shesty came in. That said, he does get an absurd ammount of hate, a prime example here:
If we went to an elimination game in the Finals I would’ve sent him down and called up Kinkaid just so that bum couldn’t hoist the cup.
Though it's coming from a poster who also defends a racist POS in TDA and is the biggest bootlicker of one of the most childish brats this organization has ever had so it's not really surprising TBH. I would also consider having the location of a country commiting a genocide, even as a joke.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Who’s giving middle round picks for an overpaid mediocre backup who’s qualifying offer is overpriced….?

We can put the carolina game on loop and maybe that’ll get it done

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad