Speculation: Alex Wennberg scratched for a trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
This is the slowest moving trade ever, or maybe they meant that Wennberg had a big Fantasy trade in the offing?

Reactions: Evgeny Oliker

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
Dark horse for me is Vancouver for Podkolzin maybe some other moving parts.

Close to Seattle where his partner etc are and that see wedding connection

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
This is the slowest moving trade ever, or maybe they meant that Wennberg had a big Fantasy trade in the offing?

The thread title is misleading. Guys have been held out for 3-4 games before when the team knew they were going to deal him. Usually it means that their minimum price has been met, but they’re still negotiating for as much as they can get.

Basically, a trade is near but not necessarily imminent.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
You have to wait just a couple of minutes, Billy G fat fingered his phone and is now on a phone queue to rent-a-maid

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022

Trading Podz would be a mistake.
I know people only value points but if we had That mentality with Hogz we would have lost him for dick all.
Podz as seen last night and in Abby has tantalizing tools but has had serious negative, development paths since he was drafted. Giving up on him now only to see him breakout somewhere else would be Neely lite 2.0 and for what? Wenberg? No thanks.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

Pod isn’t getting moved for anyone on Seattle except for Larsson.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
I wouldnt move more than a 2nd for him but feels like the type of move that’ll be a conditional 2nd that turns to a 1st if we make ECF. Basically the copp trade from 2022

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
The Kraken can try and sign DeBrusk in the summer.
You don't trade you UFA for another UFA if you're a seller.
It does happen all the time. It’s about matching the cap. Flames got a cap dump when the made the David Jones trade. They just needed to get the cap space room. Also the seller can actually turn around and sell the UFA for another asset. Maybe retain on them to increase the value. So it actually does make sense.

Reactions: Evgeny Oliker

StewieP19

Dec 13, 2022
It will be a big deception if Colorado acquire him. They need a true no 2 Center.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
My Devils are not making the playoffs but I would have liked Wennberg for a McCleod replacement . Is he a upcoming UFA or does he have some term left

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016
Man, NYR fans are REALLY trying to get rid of Goodrow. His name is in virtually every NYR rumor I read.
He’s great but we need every ounce of cap space we can get for next year and we really can’t afford to pay a bottom 6 forward 3+ million

BPD

Jul 7, 2009
New York City
He’s great but we need every ounce of cap space we can get for next year and we really can’t afford to pay a bottom 6 forward 3+ million

Cool. So as a Rangers fan let me ask - why on earth are we retaining salary and attaching assets to a guy that could be bought out for a cap credit next season and whose buyout would be a near league minimum hit for almost every single season?

We can't seriously be thinking that the $2m increase in the buyout for one season in a year where Trouba and Panarin are both off their current deals is enough to justify attaching picks or retaining salary on him, can we?

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016
Cool. So as a Rangers fan let me ask - why on earth are we retaining salary and attaching assets to a guy that could be bought out for a cap credit next season and whose buyout would be a near league minimum hit for almost every single season?

We can't seriously be thinking that the $2m increase in the buyout for one season in a year where Trouba and Panarin are both off their current deals is enough to justify attaching picks or retaining salary on him, can we?

I wouldn’t retain salary but I would add a pick if I had to. But you really shouldn’t have to alot of teams need a Goodrow. Teams like the sabres hawks ducks need guys like this and have endless cap space.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
My Devils are not making the playoffs but I would have liked Wennberg for a McCleod replacement . Is he a upcoming UFA or does he have some term left
UFA. They can make a move in the offseason for him if that's the direction they want to take.

BPD

Jul 7, 2009
New York City
I wouldn’t retain salary but I would add a pick if I had to. But you really shouldn’t have to alot of teams need a Goodrow. Teams like the sabres hawks ducks need guys like this and have endless cap space.

It still comes back to the reality that unless the pick thrown in is a late, late rounder, the finances are so in the Rangers favor to just buy him out rather than get extorted by another team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad